Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]

Author Topic: '07 110in Upgrade Debate  (Read 16286 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: '07 110in Upgrade Debate
« Reply #180 on: December 29, 2006, 01:16:22 PM »

I haven't been able to confirm this yet, although t's on my to do list; not much activity this time of year.

djkak

Well you'd better get cracking! My bike ships in 14 days. What am I gonna do now? [smiley=nixweiss.gif] ;) Hoist!
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

djkak

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #181 on: December 29, 2006, 03:43:16 PM »

Well you'd better get cracking! My bike ships in 14 days. What am I gonna do now? [smiley=nixweiss.gif] ;) Hoist!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2006, 07:10:32 PM by djkak »

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #182 on: December 30, 2006, 12:47:12 PM »

Considering how totally out of control you are going to be once the new Road King finds your garage; I

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

djkak

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #183 on: December 30, 2006, 02:26:24 PM »

I'm worried d00d might need the medical attention if I don't! ;) Hoist!

Rhino

« Reply #184 on: December 30, 2006, 07:03:02 PM »

So I sat and read most of this thread, and gathered that some are still confused. Any unit other than the SERT, (Although Hoist says its a warranty killer) will trick the factory ecm into thinking it has enough fuel.

There is actually nothing wrong with this, but the whole idea of having sensors is to make sure that there will be enough fuel, (in the case of Harley), only in cruise.

If you remove the sensors, you now have an additional unit, like the Dyna for example, that you must totally rely on, with only a dyno run to make sure your settings are ok.

If that unit fails, it will revert back to the factory ecm, and with mods, run the risk of burning up your motor, becasue even WITH the factory narrow band sensors, they only make less than 5% adjustment either side of stock. Not nealry enough for keeping up with more air from an opened up intake.

Either way, I still think any mods must be protected, and the SERT is the closest thing to it. The module, which gets married to your bike, will guarantee that you have changed the factory ECM per the Harley Map designed to work with aftermarket setups. Harley has a list of these. And to be sure, Dyno it with a KNOWLEDGABLE person to modify even what Harley map gives you. (After the mods I did, the new SERT Harley map still ran at 15.1.) way to lean in my book.

Yes you must pay.

ANY other device, I personally think is risky, except one, the TMAX. It's a brand new total ECM replacement.  Now you have a wide band sensor installed, that CONSTANTLY monitors, and CHANGES your AFR to the ratios you have selected, whcih aint gonna be north of 14.1 in any case.

If you are nervous, and have warranty phobia, just swap out the new TMAX back for the facotry ECM, and roll into the dealership. But that is way major extra insurance, not a budget issue, this type of phobia insurance.  

Of course, you can also use the twin tec to double check and MONITOR stuff, but I think that is not neccessary at all.

Be one with the bike. Give her what she wants. Know what she needs. She wants more fuel and she want to be cool.  Make it so.

Rhino

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #185 on: February 08, 2007, 02:32:07 PM »

Take a look at the site below, lots of good info on upgrades and dyno sheets.

http://www.nightrider.com/biketech/index.htm

bisounours

• 5k CVO Member
  • First miles the 6th February 2008

« Reply #186 on: February 08, 2007, 02:54:17 PM »

Good afternoon Talon !

You are   :welcome_005: on this site From FRANCE !

It'll by nice for the other members if you present you in the thread "New Member Introduction"
with a pic of your bike.  :thumbsup:

Best regards
 :vrolijk_26:   Jacques
********2007 FLHTCUSE2 Red/Black**********
  SE RYO A/C and KN filter, V&H dressers duals and
          oval, TM/AT map#364, SE 251 cams.
     2008 FLHTCUSE3, White Frost and Silver Mist
              (Casper) -> 6th February 2008
             SE 251 cams/Torrington bearings,
      SE pushrods, SE High compression pistons,
             A/C Big sucker, V&H dresser duals ,
             Fullsac baffles, SE Pro Super Tuner.
2011 FLHXSE2, Stage1

strohkr

« Reply #187 on: February 28, 2007, 03:03:34 PM »

Great forum! I made a post to another 110" topic and got some great answers - my 2007 SERK is here (razor red) - will be picking it up as soon as our newly arrived snow decides to melt! I'm going to talk to my dealer and see what they say about swaping out my exhaust and installing either a SERT or a PCIII along with the K&N Filter kit (HD800) BEFORE I ride it away - then I plan having it dyno'd at the end of the break-in period. I'm just kinda curious as to what exhaust most of you recommend. I've had good luck (previously) with Khrome Werks HP Plus 100 slip ons (had these on my Ultra), as well as Vance and Hines (had a set on my V-Rod). Both performed great. I have no experience with the Rinehart True Duals or a 2 into 1 set-up. I've got an email into V&H about their Pro-Pipe - nothing back yet. Basically I'm looking for good performance, reliability, and a nice deep tone (I don't want anything overly loud)
Any thoughts anyone has out there will be GREATLY appreciated - I'd like to make the right choice the first time!!
Greg (Strohkr)

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #188 on: February 28, 2007, 05:02:57 PM »

Check out this site below, lost of good info and dyno charts on many of the upgrades people are looking to do, exhaust, cams, heads.

http://www.latus-harley-davidson.com/mbbs2/category-view.asp

TCinVA

• Elite CVO Member
  • FINALLY!

• CVO1: 2007 B&O FLHTCUSE2
« Reply #189 on: February 28, 2007, 06:45:23 PM »

... Basically I'm looking for good performance, reliability, and a nice deep tone (I don't want anything overly loud)...
 - I'd like to make the right choice the first time!!
Greg (Strohkr)
Strohkr,
Wouldn't we all!   ;D
Tony

Talon

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #190 on: March 01, 2007, 09:07:16 AM »

It's like what they say about boats! Same applies here, just when you think you have your bike the way you want you'll find something you want to change!

"A boat is a large hole in the water that you throw your $$$$$ into!"

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #191 on: March 01, 2007, 01:25:48 PM »

Strohkr,
Wouldn't we all!   ;D
Tony

Tony, strohkr; you can have it all. Tony, you already know what to do. You don't have to second guess yourself. You'll both be very happy with doing the A/C, ECM mod of your choice and exhaust change. Tony. I think you'll like the SPO's. If they're too loud, you're going to need to keep the stock ones. I haven't heard the D&D police Interceptors, they might be the only other alternative. But when I spoke to Dale, a very well versed guy at Millers in Daytona, he said they were louder than the SPO's. strohkr, you need to determine your own threshold for loudness to decide on the right muffler, but I'd change to True Duals at the same time for proper tunability. Hoist! 8)

PHAZE

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: '05 SEEG/'06 CUSE/'07 SERK/'09 SERG (ALL SOLD)
    • CVO2: '09 CVO Fat Bob Black Diamond/Fire Quartz (SOLD)
    • CVO3: '11.5 CVO Ultra Classic Twilight Blue/Candy Cobalt
« Reply #192 on: March 08, 2007, 10:58:24 PM »

Has anybody done the SERT, D&D Fatcats, and the K&N filter on an '07 110?  What kind of dyno numbers did this set up give you?  I did this on my '06 CUSE and was pleased with the results (with no additional engine mods).

twojay

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #193 on: March 08, 2007, 11:13:39 PM »

Has anybody done the SERT, D&D Fatcats, and the K&N filter on an '07 110?  What kind of dyno numbers did this set up give you?  I did this on my '06 CUSE and was pleased with the results (with no additional engine mods).
Phaze, I have the SERT, D and D Fatcats, and the Doherty power pak with their filter, but I haven't dyno'd it yet. Need to get a few more miles on it and then find a place to do the dyno as the local hd dealer does not have one. Our state rally is in April and may be able to get it done there. If I do it then or sooner I will post. Do you have the set up you referenced ? JJ

PHAZE

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: '05 SEEG/'06 CUSE/'07 SERK/'09 SERG (ALL SOLD)
    • CVO2: '09 CVO Fat Bob Black Diamond/Fire Quartz (SOLD)
    • CVO3: '11.5 CVO Ultra Classic Twilight Blue/Candy Cobalt
« Reply #194 on: March 08, 2007, 11:31:23 PM »

If you ever get up this way, I'd recommend Brian Rose at Bumpu H-D Memphis.  See thread http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php/topic,8706.0.html
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]

Page created in 0.172 seconds with 21 queries.