Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Best exhaust for Touring Period????  (Read 10275 times)

evodistraction

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 SERK "Burgandy Blaze"
Re: Best exhaust for Touring Period????
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2013, 08:22:59 AM »

Thanks for the info! What would be some possible explanations for the miss-match? In your opinion does this decrease the value of the bike? (sorry for the hi-jack!)

Evo
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 08:24:39 AM by evodistraction »

Heatwave

• 1K CVO Member
  • ‘10 CVO Ultra 120/127 & ‘17 CVO LTD 140/151

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Limited (Garnet/Red) 128ci
    • CVO2: 2010 SE Ultra (Red/Slate)
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2013, 09:02:18 AM »

Thanks for the info! What would be some possible explanations for the miss-match? In your opinion does this decrease the value of the bike? (sorry for the hi-jack!)

Evo

Motor was blown and replaced. If it was replaced with a 120, it might increase value. If the engine is a stock replacement 110 from Harley that does not match in color the value has definitely gone down.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2013, 09:07:34 AM »

I checked out the e-bay add, and did not see anything in there about a tuner of any kind. In order to tune your bike you will need a tuner of some kind to interface the bike with a computer. Power Commander type tuners plug in to your bike and take over the control of your perimeters. Race Tuner from HD plugs in only during the tuning phase of the process and then is removed. So you have to ask the owner if the bike was ever dyno tuned? If he has any type of tuners that come with the bike, and most importantly ask him why the engine color does not match the rest of the parts!!  Like the primary and the tranny. All engine and tranny components on CVO bikes are that gray slate color, not black[/color]. ( at least on touring bikes anyways ) So good luck, live long and prosper. 

I think that's just a trick of lighting and angle.  If you scroll way down in the photos you eventually get to a close-up of the rocker cover and head that shows the color is granite, not black as it appears in some of the photos.

I agree, definitely quiz the seller about any tuning products.  If the bike has been tuned with a flash tuner (SEPST, TTS, Power Vision, etc.) they need to provide the vehicle communications interface (VCI).  If it has an add-on box of some sort, they need to disclose that as well.  

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2013, 10:59:19 AM »

Nice looking bike but I believe looking at the cut on the end of the pipe appears to be a Fat Cat not a Boarzilla unless they changed and now offer that cut on the Boarzilla. I have one on mine and it has a sort of side cut. Anyway the Fat Cat is better for the 110 as the Boarzilla is better for larger motors.

evodistraction

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 SERK "Burgandy Blaze"
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2013, 01:22:24 PM »

Just went and looked at the bike. The engine and cylinders are indeed black. The bike was purchased from Four Rivers HD in Paducah, KY. The dealer installed the pipe and apes. The owner didn't know why the engine was a different color and didn't know anything about the pipes being tuned. To be fair this guy is a dealer and bought the bike to re-sell. He said the guy he bought it from buys a new CVO every year, puts on 2K or so miles and then sells it to him. This is his 3rd CVO he has bought from the guy. Who knows what the real deal is, maybe this is straight up and maybe there is something fishy going on here. Hard to say. He is going to call the dealer Monday and ask for more info so I will let you all know what I find out. I have asked for documentation on the pipe install as well. I will also get him to confirm what style of pipes he has, I assume that they are Fat Cats based on the comments here. Thank all of you for your input, it's great to have such a large knowledge base to lean on!

Evo

Heatwave

• 1K CVO Member
  • ‘10 CVO Ultra 120/127 & ‘17 CVO LTD 140/151

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Limited (Garnet/Red) 128ci
    • CVO2: 2010 SE Ultra (Red/Slate)
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2013, 02:20:53 PM »

Just went and looked at the bike. The engine and cylinders are indeed black. The bike was purchased from Four Rivers HD in Paducah, KY. The dealer installed the pipe and apes. The owner didn't know why the engine was a different color and didn't know anything about the pipes being tuned. To be fair this guy is a dealer and bought the bike to re-sell. He said the guy he bought it from buys a new CVO every year, puts on 2K or so miles and then sells it to him. This is his 3rd CVO he has bought from the guy. Who knows what the real deal is, maybe this is straight up and maybe there is something fishy going on here. Hard to say. He is going to call the dealer Monday and ask for more info so I will let you all know what I find out. I have asked for documentation on the pipe install as well. I will also get him to confirm what style of pipes he has, I assume that they are Fat Cats based on the comments here. Thank all of you for your input, it's great to have such a large knowledge base to lean on!

Evo

Sounds like a lot of BS going on. If the engine is black, its been replaced.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2013, 07:49:01 PM »

Sounds like a lot of BS going on. If the engine is black, its been replaced.

If I remember correctly the Anniversary CVO came with a black engine and the regular CVO with granite  :nixweiss:.  The primary and trans in those photo's are definitely granite, not black, so if this is the original engine and it really is black, perhaps Harley screwed up and mixed the engine and the other parts during assembly.  Nothing would surprise me when it comes to Harley and their Quality (out-of) Control system. 

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 22 queries.