Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Coin and museum stuff  (Read 2793 times)

FLHTCUSE7

Coin and museum stuff
« on: November 22, 2013, 10:51:09 PM »

Got my museum stuff and the coin today.

What the heck do I want this stuff for  :nixweiss:

Going for target practice tomorrow, coin will be a good target  :2vrolijk_21:

dahsen

• Elite CVO Member
    • QC

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Breakout Sedona Sand
Re: Coin and museum stuff
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2013, 11:49:06 PM »

You want that stuff just to get more....... Owner....

:nixweiss:

FLHTCUSE7

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2013, 11:57:39 PM »

I really don't see a reason for HD to send this "junk" besides hoping to sell Museum memberships  :nixweiss:

I was not in love with the gold key either but at least it had a function.

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2013, 07:14:04 AM »

You are right on!!! I got a gold key and have used it one time, to send to a vendor to make locking lowers. I love my scooter and through thick & thin (cause I'm kinda slo) have ridden Harley's most of my life. Keep the damn trinkets & put the money in R&D
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

dlaws01

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulltion

• CVO1: 105th Anniversary FXSTSSE2
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2013, 09:39:49 AM »

I really don't see a reason for HD to send this "junk" besides hoping to sell Museum memberships  :nixweiss:

I was not in love with the gold key either but at least it had a function.

I've used my "gold" key from day one.  I figured "why not"  otherwise it'll just be thrown in some drawer.  What I can't understand is why someone would buy one on fleabay?
What would make somebody want a key that doesn't fit anything they have?   :nixweiss:
Jesus is Lord

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2013, 12:10:38 PM »

Seems a shame to destroy something that a member here might want, you could send it to them as a gift........

As the old saying goes, "one man's trash is another's treasure".

Being older I don't want a bunch of dust collector trinkets and would appreciate H-D spending on bike design versus design/manufacturing time and dollars on stuff like this. Yet I can also see someone who always wanted a CVO keeping the collectable as a hope or dream to one day own one or maybe for an older person who left motorcycling wanting something to "remember the good old days".
Gold keys have been converted into necklace pendants so some may buy for that reason?
So I try not to bad mouth someone for wanting collectables, whether they are coins, keys, patches, t-shirts, or diecast models etc.

FLHTCUSE7

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2013, 01:58:58 PM »

No intentions to badmouth anyone  :nixweiss:

To each his own, I really don't care what people collect and why, I its make them happy good for them. My point is I really don't want this to me junk. I am sure they hope to sell a few more museum memberships with this, what other reason for this package?

Seems a shame to destroy something that a member here might want, you could send it to them as a gift........

As the old saying goes, "one man's trash is another's treasure".

Being older I don't want a bunch of dust collector trinkets and would appreciate H-D spending on bike design versus design/manufacturing time and dollars on stuff like this. Yet I can also see someone who always wanted a CVO keeping the collectable as a hope or dream to one day own one or maybe for an older person who left motorcycling wanting something to "remember the good old days".
Gold keys have been converted into necklace pendants so some may buy for that reason?
So I try not to bad mouth someone for wanting collectables, whether they are coins, keys, patches, t-shirts, or diecast models etc.

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2013, 06:29:19 PM »

I agree with you about the increased museum memberships.  Some might even say it's just another swig of the H-D "Kool-Aid" and it keeps the enthusiasm going.  I'm sure they realized the gold key was not used for much by most owners so they wanted to shake things up somewhat and can say they upped the usefulness and cost of the benefit package for CVO owners. I too will probably never see the museum but if I had free passes I would pass them on to members here. Otherwise let H-D keep them and give me cash back....(I know that would never happen).  :huepfenlol2:

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2013, 07:38:44 PM »

since it is already a museum membership, i don't see how it's a ploy to sell more of them...  i  doubt that most people are going to automatically renew their membership in one year when it expires.  i live in la, getting up to milwaukee isn't something that happens to me a lot, and if i wanted to go to the museum then, i would pay the daily rate to get in.

now having said that, i think the coin and the dogtags are kinda cool.  after spending 21 years in the army, i have collected quite a few challenge coins throughout my career and this is just one more to add to my collection.

as mentioned in the other museum/gold coin thread, i have 6 passes and 1 audio pass that i'm willing to pass on to whoever can use them.  took me 52 years to get to milwaukee the first time, i doubt that i'll make it before dec next year :D
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 21 queries.