Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Breakout Solo seat and pillion on 09 FXSTSSE3??  (Read 3327 times)

springer-57

Breakout Solo seat and pillion on 09 FXSTSSE3??
« on: November 24, 2013, 07:17:57 PM »

Was wondering if anyone had tried putting a Sundowner Solo and pillion from a 2013 Breakout onto an 09 FXSTSSE3?? Frames and tires look alot the same and was wondering if these items will fit.Gotta get something better than the stock seat.

redbeard719

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE converted to FLTRXSE
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTSCI
Re: Breakout Solo seat and pillion on 09 FXSTSSE3??
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 10:55:31 AM »

The Breakout uses the two bolt mounting option on the rear fender - there are two studs that come through the rear fender from underneath (they're actually part the wire management for the brakes/turns).  The BO seat has a plate attached to the back that sits over the studs and then bolts on.

The FXSTSSE3 just uses the center seat nut/threaded insert in the fender.

If you're looking for an improvement over stock, check out Danny Gray seats.  They offer a solo and a two up option.  I've got their solo seat, and it's quite an improvement and much more comfortable than the stock seat.

springer-57

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 11:09:38 AM »

Thanks for the info.WE have a Danny Gray weekday xl seat at the present time.I love the seat but the passenger says its way too firm..Anyways if I use the two bolt bracket system the sundowner seat and pillion has they will fit our 09 FXSTSSE3?? thanks for now.

rockinred

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2013, 08:09:37 AM »

fish eye... I agree... the Danny Gray option for our bike is great.  What I was hoping for is a fit because breakouts are on the move and lots of vendors will be doing lots of options for the breakout seat.  Right now we are very limited with options. 

redbeard719

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE converted to FLTRXSE
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTSCI
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2013, 10:00:12 AM »

fish eye... I agree... the Danny Gray option for our bike is great.  What I was hoping for is a fit because breakouts are on the move and lots of vendors will be doing lots of options for the breakout seat.  Right now we are very limited with options. 

You bring up a good point - the Breakout is on the rise and seems to be getting more popular.

That said, I priced out a rear fender swap - it's about $780 in parts from the online discount shops, plus paint.  That's not including turn signals or any other needed wiring/lights....

It's something I'm still considering, along with converting to a cable clutch and running a La Briola Jockey Shift.  I think I have too much time on my hands!

rockinred

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2013, 08:48:27 PM »

You bring up a good point - the Breakout is on the rise and seems to be getting more popular.

That said, I priced out a rear fender swap - it's about $780 in parts from the online discount shops, plus paint.  That's not including turn signals or any other needed wiring/lights....

It's something I'm still considering, along with converting to a cable clutch and running a La Briola Jockey Shift.  I think I have too much time on my hands!

Wow! That would be a sweet set up though.  I say go for it... ha.  but I'm not known for giving rational advice on bike mods.    :P

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 21 queries.