Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: JES Wind Deflectors  (Read 2324 times)

05Train

• Mind is not for rent
  • Elite CVO Member
JES Wind Deflectors
« on: December 24, 2013, 03:07:09 PM »

In my quest to preserve my hearing and increase my long-distance touring comfort, I ordered a pair of black JES deflectors last Thursday....they showed up today.  Very easy installation (like less than 10 minutes from getting the tools out to putting them away).  I'm not 100% in love with the look, but they vanish pretty well with the black lowers.  If I ever black out the front end, they'll completely disappear.

It was snowing, so I only went for a quick 30 mile ride.  At 70mph with my Madstad in its usual position, it was dead quiet other than the motor.  Moving my arm around in front of me, there was a slight breeze, but not much.  The Madstad does a great job on its own quieting down the wind noise, but the deflectors finish the job.  They stop all the turbulent air coming up from under the gas tank and slamming into my head.  Without exaggeration, I bet I could light a paper match at speed without too much difficulty.....That's how still the air is now.

For $hits & giggles, I dropped the windshield down about an inch just to see what happened.  Still no buffeting, but I could hear smooth airflow over the top of the helmet.  Nice.  That'll be awesome in the summer when the helmet's vents are open.

Big winner here.

The best you've had is the best you know.

Page created in 0.115 seconds with 21 queries.