Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Risers anyone?  (Read 1067 times)

California FatBoy

• FLHRSEI.ORG
Risers anyone?
« on: November 15, 2006, 05:32:07 AM »

I searched the site for information about risers, but didn't see any recommendations beyond fabricating your own. Does anyone know of any risers that will fit the 1 1/4" Beach bar handlebars? Even at 6'4",  my arms are fully extended, and I'd like to get a little bend back in my elbows.

This has turned into a nightmare for me. The bike has been in the local Harley dealership shop for 6 weeks. Their parts counter sold me some stock Harley risers, which the service folks said wouldn't work when they started looking at it. They looked all over the place and found a 6" curved riser, but when they got it, it had flanges that extened below the riser. They had a machine shop knock those off, but then the cables were too short. It took weeks to have custom clutch and brake cables made up. Then, they started to reassemble the bike and discovered that the handlebars with the new risers hit the dash/Speedo! Even if the risers had cleared the dash, the handlebars were now way too far back, and it's not a comfortable or safe riding position. A week later they have a different 1 1/4" handlebar for me that rises nicely by itself, without risers, but this handlebar lands my hands way too far back again. I had to refuse them. So now the bike is being put back to stock. The Harley folks have put in a lot of time and money for nothing, I've lost the last good riding weeks of the year for nothing, and none of us are happy at getting beaten on this.

I'd really like to find a 3 - 4" straight riser that fits the 1 1/4" handlebars. I think that would do it.

NE-Tacoma06Fatboy

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: Risers anyone?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2006, 05:59:09 PM »

good luck.    I had the same dilemma as you (wanting to change to a slightly higher riser) and gave up in the end.   I would start by looking at the 07 SE RKs as they have the higher bars and they too have the hydraulic clutch.

aabokla

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2006, 08:35:50 PM »

Although not a 3-4 inch riser the highest i could find and what i am using on my SEFB. http://www.jpcycles.com/productgroup.aspx?GID=9D9EFB6E-7210-4C5B-AFD5-D385F7F38DFF&search=riser&store=Harley&page=1

Still need something which will pull the bars back about an inch, but this works for me right now.

fatboyse2

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2006, 09:12:43 PM »

Check this thread out:  http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1130355658

Page created in 0.196 seconds with 22 queries.