Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fuel Management for Stage 1  (Read 1633 times)

owenwyss

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Road Glide Custom
    • CVO2: 2008 CVO Dyna
Fuel Management for Stage 1
« on: January 08, 2014, 10:55:23 AM »

I'm considering exhaust for my 2013 CVO Road Glide and believe I have it narrowed down to the one... Rinehart Racing Xtreme True Duals 4″ Mufflers.  I'm looking for something throaty and semi-loud.  Does anyone have any thoughts? 

Also, and more importantly, what is the fuel management/auto-tuner of choice for everyone in their stage 1 kits? 

Thanks,
Owen

ffltjeff

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHTCUSE8
    • NE

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE8
Re: Fuel Management for Stage 1
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2014, 11:29:25 AM »

If you do any long distace touring you may find that set up a bit loud after a few hundred miles. 
2013 FLHTCUSE8
V&H Power Duals, V&H Monster Ovals, SERT
Progressive 444 shocks, Progressive Cartridge Fork Kit
Windsplitter windshield

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2014, 12:08:13 PM »

I'm considering exhaust for my 2013 CVO Road Glide and believe I have it narrowed down to the one... Rinehart Racing Xtreme True Duals 4″ Mufflers.  I'm looking for something throaty and semi-loud.  Does anyone have any thoughts? 

Also, and more importantly, what is the fuel management/auto-tuner of choice for everyone in their stage 1 kits? 

Thanks,
Owen

I can't offer any opinion on the exhaust, other than to listen to some of your possible choices in person.  Riding alongside and behind someone with the pipes you're thinking about is about the best way I can think of to get a decent idea of whether a particular pipe will suit your needs in terms of sound level. 

As for tuning, there is no simple answer to that question either.  Just search through all the tuning threads on this site alone and you will find there are as many opinions as there are products and riders.  The best advice I can give you is to stick to one of the "flash" tuning solutions that load a new map to the factory ECM, as opposed to the piggyback (add-on) devices.  TTS, SEPST, Power Vision, etc. are good choices, but before you start buying tuning solutions I'd suggest you first decide if you want to have the bike professionally tuned, if you plan to do it yourself, or if you just want to load a canned map and call it done.  If you want a professional tune, spend your time finding a fully qualified professional tuner (don't just assume your local dealer has such a thing) versus worrying about which device or solution you should buy.  Once you find that pro, let him help you decide on which tuning system to use.

JMHO - Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

FLTRI

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2014, 02:13:58 PM »

Words taken right out my mouth!
Excellent advice Jerry!
Bob

YELLOWBIRD

• Elite CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2009 CVO ROADGLIDE
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2014, 07:45:16 AM »

For most,

Steve at Fullsac is a one stop shop for everything you are asking/looking for!

YB
2009 SCREAMIN' EAGLE CVO ROAD GLIDE FLTRSE3 117" PRO RACE
(1 OF ONLY 369 US) "LAST YEAR OF THE HAND BUILT"

05Train

• Mind is not for rent
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2014, 08:56:16 AM »

I can't offer any opinion on the exhaust, other than to listen to some of your possible choices in person.  Riding alongside and behind someone with the pipes you're thinking about is about the best way I can think of to get a decent idea of whether a particular pipe will suit your needs in terms of sound level. 

As for tuning, there is no simple answer to that question either.  Just search through all the tuning threads on this site alone and you will find there are as many opinions as there are products and riders.  The best advice I can give you is to stick to one of the "flash" tuning solutions that load a new map to the factory ECM, as opposed to the piggyback (add-on) devices.  TTS, SEPST, Power Vision, etc. are good choices, but before you start buying tuning solutions I'd suggest you first decide if you want to have the bike professionally tuned, if you plan to do it yourself, or if you just want to load a canned map and call it done.  If you want a professional tune, spend your time finding a fully qualified professional tuner (don't just assume your local dealer has such a thing) versus worrying about which device or solution you should buy.  Once you find that pro, let him help you decide on which tuning system to use.

JMHO - Jerry
Excellent advice.

I've had very good results self-tuning with both the TTS and the Powervision.  I think the PV is far easier to use, but you truly can't go wrong with either one.
The best you've had is the best you know.

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2014, 09:10:56 AM »

For most,

Steve at Fullsac is a one stop shop for everything you are asking/looking for!

YB

:2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:
HOGMIKE

old_dirt

• Banned
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2014, 03:49:11 PM »

Get a TTS and come spring... there is this guy in Ashland...... that could tune the bike.

Page created in 0.22 seconds with 22 queries.