Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: vanes and hines high output slip ons  (Read 9874 times)

+RO@D*R@GE+

• Full CVO Member
vanes and hines high output slip ons
« on: January 10, 2014, 11:48:29 PM »

anyone have them and do you like the sound ...how do they compare to CFR's or rinehart?
friend of mine has a 2 into 1 set up with them...they sound killer...not sure how these would sound with my DX fullsac header
Don't talk about it....Be about it!!!
2012 cvo road glide maple
Fullsac DX headers
CFR Mufflers
TTS tuner

krypto2011

• Senior CVO Member
Re: vanes and hines high output slip ons
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2014, 03:33:08 AM »

I replaced my CFR's with these. Well for about 15 minutes, I pulled them off and put my CFR's back on. They do sound good but no where near as throaty as CFR's. I boxed em up put them on eBay and lost $150.00 for 15 minutes of use. But I own a CVO so I have pissed away more $$ in less time on it I am sure!!!
2011 SESG Krypto/Black Diamond, SE 259e cams, SE 5.3 injectors, HPI 58mm throttle body, heads ported and polished, V&H power duals, CFR mufflers, SE race tuner, SE high flow air filter

owl893

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Autumn Haze
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2014, 06:02:54 AM »

I have a set installed along with the V&H Power Dual header.  V&H is a high quality manufacturer, the chrome is first rate and the fitment and instructions are clear and complete. The Hi-Output slips-ons are not "loud", but it is hard to quantify a sound in writing. They are louder than stock, about the same as the Rinehart's I had on my 2006 SG, but not so loud that I can't enjoy my music and not so loud that I need ear plugs if I ride all day on the highway.

If you want to piss off the neighbors, they are not loud enough. If you want to piss off your BSR they are not loud enough. But for me, they are loud enough, and I like the look, the chrome, and the V&H logo that sticks out past the bags. This will "date" me, but when I was a kid I wrenched a set of "glass pacs" on an old Chevy (my first car) they sound like that.

OWL 
1961 DUO GLIDE, 1979 FLH, 1999 FXDWG, 2001 FXSTS, 2003 FLHRCI, 2004 FLSTCI, 2005 FLHT, 2006 FLHXI, 2011 FLHXSE2

willyB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2014, 08:42:50 AM »

I have them and have run two different headers with them.

HO with V&H Dresser Duals = Loud as chit! Sound like a damn race car . Very annoying at cruise and even more sound torquing around on backroads.

HO with De-Catted Stock 2-1 Header = Deep Rumble, Quieter but still plenty loud enough. Love them but they can get on your nerves a bit cruising around backroads.

My brother has a built 103 (10.5-1 Pistons, SE Heads with work, Woods 777 Cam, 58 mm Throttle Body) with Reinhart true duals and I think their 4" mufflers. They are much quieter than my setup. Very nice at cruise. Not annoying at all but if you twist the throttle they sound awesome. Reinhart has a muscle car sound that's pretty cool. We switch bikes every now and then and it is a relief to ride in a little quiet every now and then. If I had ridden this setup before buying the HO's I "may" have gone this route.

By they way, his bike runs very strong. Not as much TQ down low as the 255's but it is not an issue at all. Plus, it "runs" anywhere from 0-100, cruising or ripping, backroad or highway, single or 2 up.

I've never "ridden" with CFR's and only heard them at idle or someone pulling away. They are deep and throaty, similar to my original HO setup. I would expect they would be very annoying after a while like my original setup.

I really bought the HO's because of the way they filled the extended bag slots.
GMR 577 Cams, S & S Lifters, S & S Pushrods, V&H Headers, Rinehart 4” Slipons, TTS Tuner, 12" Yaffee Monkey Bars, Color Matched Chopped Tour Pak (510 HP and 763 TQ +/-)

Fullsac Performance

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Never ride with a Halfsac! Insist on Fullsac Perf!
    • AZ

• Fullsac Performance
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2014, 09:43:53 AM »

anyone have them and do you like the sound ...how do they compare to CFR's or rinehart?
friend of mine has a 2 into 1 set up with them...they sound killer...not sure how these would sound with my DX fullsac header

The V+H Hi Outputs have a very deep thump to them for sure. But if bottom end power is important you may want to avoid them. The overly
large inner core gives a nice TQ dip at 2500. Your peak numbers will look fine, but the loss on the bottom is substantial.

SG
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 09:45:31 AM by Fullsac Perf »
Steve@fullsac.com  www.fullsac.com
Never argue with idiots. They will beat you with experience.

tlr

• Elite CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2022 SERG
    • CVO2: 2019 SERG, 2015 SESG, 2012 SESG
    • CVO3: 2009 SERG
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2014, 02:29:10 PM »

i have had them on 3 different bikes.  2 were CVO's so a 110 and now have them on a 2014 SGS.  for the most part with the V&H Power Duals.  I have also had the 2.25 Fullsac's with a stock decatted header.  As has been said and I agree, these are deep and throaty, deeper than the Rineharts but about as loud.  I personally like the V&H HO's better due to the deeper spund.  They are louder for sure from the Fullsac's.  The only complaint i have is that after 2-3 hours on the hiway, the noise does get to you (V&H's).  I have put in some earplugs on long rides.  The quality of the chrome is very nice, never had an issue with header or slip-on's.  Hope that helps.

kustomhd66

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2014, 10:19:57 PM »

The V+H Hi Outputs have a very deep thump to them for sure. But if bottom end power is important you may want to avoid them. The overly
large inner core gives a nice TQ dip at 2500. Your peak numbers will look fine, but the loss on the bottom is substantial.

SG

Steve
How about this. Fullsac cores and V&H Hi Outputs?
Thank You
Kustomhd66

FLHTCUSE7
124" S&S,crank, flywheel, cylinders and HC pistons
Ported CVO Heads
594 Feuling gear cams and lifters
SE billet cam support plate & high volume oil pump
Fullsac Perfocrmance DX pipe
Fuel Moto E series Slip Ons
ThunderMaxx
944 Progressive Suspension
Barnett Scorpion Lock-up clutch & basket
Hayden primary tensioner
Truck Lite phase 7

Fullsac Performance

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • AZ

• Fullsac Performance
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2014, 11:01:59 PM »

SG

Steve
How about this. Fullsac cores and V&H Hi Outputs?

I have done custom 2.25s in more than a few sets. Fixes the TQ and quiets them down at the same time.

SG

BigTrouble

• Melissa's Trouble

• CVO1: 2013 Road King-Crushed Sapphire
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2014, 08:37:08 AM »

I put them on my Road King along with the power duals and the SE racing tuner.  They are louder than stock, even my slightly modified stock, but not obnoxious.  Definitely a deeper rumble.  I noticed the first weekend riding that I was setting off some car alarms as I rumbled by  ;D

And by changing out the headers the heat output dropped substantially and made it more comfortable riding in warm weather.

Here's a video I made: 

jpdchicago

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHRSE 2014
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2014, 04:14:32 PM »

I have done custom 2.25s in more than a few sets. Fixes the TQ and quiets them down at the same time.

SG

Any Chicagoland dealers install Fullsac system? First dealer I went to had no knowledge of the brand. Second one told me it would void my 7 year warranty. Recommended de-catted headers with V&H

Fullsac Performance

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • AZ

• Fullsac Performance
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2014, 09:31:28 AM »

Any Chicagoland dealers install Fullsac system? First dealer I went to had no knowledge of the brand. Second one told me it would void my 7 year warranty. Recommended de-catted headers with V&H

That second dealer is pretty funny! lol.. A Liar too.

SG

SERK3

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 FLHRSE3
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2014, 10:10:46 AM »

I have changed out 4 complete exhaust systems on my 07 SERK the last time i went with the V&H HI-OUTPUTS, Like everyone else as said they have a deep throaty sound, When i first installed them, Yes i did loose some low end but much stronger on top, so what had happened they made the bike run rich, After tweaking the Thunder-Max with Auto Tune the low end is back.

Bottom line, If i bought a new bike today the first two things i would change to is the Thunder-Max and the HI-OUTPUTS.  :2vrolijk_21:

07 SCREAMIN EAGLE ROAD KING, RAZOR RED WITH GOLD FLAMES
V&H DUALS WITH HI-OUTPUT SLIP-ONS, ZIPPERS THUNDER MAX w/AUTOTUNE, NESS BIG SUCKER, LED TURN AND BRAKE LIGHTS. FARING, HARD BAGS & KING TOUR PAK.
LIVE EASY, RIDE HARD

Badger Mike

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2017 Indian Jack Daniels Edition Chieftan
    • CVO3: 2019 CVO Road Glide
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2014, 05:34:15 PM »

Just had my bike up to Fuel Moto to have it tuned.  You can look at the dyno sheet on the "124 is in" post on the engine section of the site.  I have the True Dual Headers and the HO slip on's.  There is a pronounced loss of low end torque on the low end of the Dyno with these mufflers.  I have not had a chance to ride here in WI yet, so I'm not sure how much I'm going to notice it on a S&S 124 motor, we'll have to see.

I have had the exhaust on the bike since I bought it in 2010, and they look as good today as they did when they were put on excellent quality.

They have gotten louder as the years have gone by, almost to the point where I'm considering if they have become too loud, if there is such a thing ;)
The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, those are really good days.

Page created in 0.174 seconds with 21 queries.