Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  All

Author Topic: REPLACEMENT THROTTLE BODIES  (Read 12643 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: REPLACEMENT THROTTLE BODIES
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2006, 06:52:48 PM »

Just curious. Has anyone used the S&S Single Bore Throttle Body Kit show on D&D's website? It's 2-1/16 Bore , new manifold, injectors and best of all; S&S freeflow A/C assembly. Will it retain cruise control?

And same questions using HD SE Pro 50mm Throttle Body Kit, PN 29623-05.

Does the SERK have maps for these changes?

I'm thinking about my out of Warranty Upgrade Wish List already.

Thanks everyone. Hoist!
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

skyglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE (concord)
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2006, 07:35:20 PM »

HD 50mm #29623-05 will retain cruise control.

Will need custom map.

I just purchased the Kruyakyn 57mm with larger injectors with cruise.

Also getting some head work done and some larger Andrews gear drive cams and oil pump for my 110"

These 110s are so flat and restrictive from factory.

Already have a custom map but will need to tweak a bit after all the work is done.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2006, 08:40:44 PM »

[highlight]Just curious. Has anyone used the S&S Single Bore Throttle Body Kit show on D&D's website? It's 2-1/16 Bore , new manifold, injectors and best of all; S&S freeflow A/C assembly. Will it retain cruise control?[/highlight]

And same questions using HD SE Pro 50mm Throttle Body Kit, PN 29623-05.

Does the SERK have maps for these changes?

I'm thinking about my out of Warranty Upgrade Wish List already.

Thanks everyone. Hoist!
Hoist,

According to the S&S catalog, the dual bore TB requires an adapter for cruise control, but the single bore system does not.
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

geezerglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • New Geezerglide
    • AB

« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2006, 10:56:42 PM »

skycuse2,

I aso have the Kuraykyn WT 57mm Throttle Body. It seems so far you and I are the only ones, I am using DTT 6.63 injectors. This setup is on a JIMs 120 with reworked heads. S&S 640G cams.

Runs great in city and on the highway, getting 45 - 48 mpg.

geezerglide
« Last Edit: December 02, 2006, 10:57:46 PM by geezerglide »

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2006, 02:29:16 AM »

Hoist,

According to the S&S catalog, the dual bore TB requires an adapter for cruise control, but the single bore system does not.

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2006, 10:36:27 PM »

................................................. [highlight]I'm trying to figure out, TB wise, if the stock 46mm and injectors are adequate for the 110" when a hot rod top end is done (head work, pistons, cams, oil pump, lifters, etc.). [/highlight]If the cheaper stock '07 stroker flywheel assembly can handle it, this motor should be able to be set up like the Zippers 113" (HD offers 113" barrels for the 110" cases without boring) or close to it leaving it 110" using the right parts. No bottom end or splitting the cases would make this job no more difficult than an 88" to 95" conversion.
......................................... Later Hoist!
Hoist,

That's a question I've wondered about also, since H-D reduced the flow rate of the injectors for the '06 and later bikes (4.22 gm/sec '05 and earlier, 3.91 gm/sec '06 and later).

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2006, 10:48:29 PM »

Hoist,

That's a question I've wondered about also, since H-D reduced the flow rate of the injectors for the '06 and later bikes (4.22 gm/sec '05 and earlier, 3.91 gm/sec '06 and later).

Jerry

Jerry

I can tell you it's not adequate for a 120. And that's experience speaking not hearsay.
The Jims rep recommends a 51mm carb or a 53 mm TB if motor is stock and a 56mm TB if modified.

[smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

geezerglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • New Geezerglide
    • AB

« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2006, 01:35:30 AM »

Jerry,

As Silver & Black says, if you go modified JIMs 120, change to larger TB and injectors.

Originally had stock injectors and TB, HP was 118 TQ was 120. Some tuning with the SERT, change to Kurayakyn 57mm TB and 6.63 injectors, now 131 HP and 134 TQ.

geezerglide

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2006, 08:00:48 AM »

I just had this conversation last night with a friend who just got out of a class at HD. Electronic engine control class. It was very interesting how the size of the injectors has changed. Geezer you found out and it worked very well for you as it would for most of us with modified motors. He told me a lot of bikes in the warm and drier climates almost need to change injectors to keep from roaching a motor. That is where the bulletin for the injector change came from.

Also IMHO the 110 motors will need no more than a 54 mm throttle body and that may be a little to large. I saw where Kitz posted a dyno sheet on the 113 build and he stated the bike had a 50mm throttle body. I do think that statement was wrong as I think that was one of  Punkin's dyno runs. Also the numbers were off by a few when Bobby had finished with A/F adjustments. No timing was changed but the funny thing is the bike actually has a 54mm throttle body on it. The throttle response is great on the bike also the bike has the stock 2004 SE injectors. Which I think were the same for all models for that year as well.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2006, 09:02:34 AM »

Mikey,

Have you asked Kitz / Danny if they have put the larger injectors on your bike just to see?

Since you will have the auto tune have you even thought of tinkering with the idea of the larger injectors on the 113?

HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2006, 10:33:11 AM »

Hoist,

[highlight]That's a question I've wondered about also, since H-D reduced the flow rate of the injectors for the '06 and later bikes (4.22 gm/sec '05 and earlier, 3.91 gm/sec '06 and later).[/highlight]

Jerry

Are you folks saying that the stock 46mm TB on the 110" engines is probably adequate and would only require larger injectors, on most 110" applications? Or if a larger TB is required, Would the HD SE 27623-05 TB be appropriate? This SE TB also comes with larger injectors. For A/C, pipe and cam changes only, maybe these injectors would work well with the stock 46mm TB? Does the SERT have maps for TB/injector changes? Thanks, Hoist!

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2006, 11:18:22 AM »

Harry the injectors are stock and the TB is 54 mm to my knowledge. I did not ask but in conversation I think we did discuss injectors. They were to remain stock for the Thunder Max map.

Hoist I would say the stock TB is not enough. For the minor mods I would go with a 50mm and when you get into the motor such as  cams, heads,ect then I would go to a 54mm.

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2006, 11:37:33 AM »

Harry the injectors are stock and the TB is 54 mm to my knowledge. I did not ask but in conversation I think we did discuss injectors. They were to remain stock for the Thunder Max map.

[highlight]Hoist I would say the stock TB is not enough. For the minor mods I would go with a 50mm and when you get into the motor such as

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2006, 11:56:52 AM »

Do you know if changing to the larger SE injectors only would help any, keeping the stock 46mm TB for A/C, pipes and SERT change only, then change TB while doing the motor work (warranty issues again)? Thanks, Hoist!

Hoist, not trying to knock any particular idea.  But I am always concerned about engine and control system upgrades that are just eased into as suggested here.  Systems are so interrelated with relatively limited control ranges that it's just too easy to not just get no real gain but actually cause a loss in performance and/or economy.  It's just so important to get things that will play together and do the job completely to make them do so.  If warranty is such an overarching concern or fear than it might be best to wait until the warranty has expired.  If the desire is there to really liven it up a bit, however, you might just have to damn the warranty and full speed ahead.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #44 on: December 04, 2006, 12:29:54 PM »

Hoist, not trying to knock any particular idea.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  All

Page created in 0.198 seconds with 22 queries.