Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Lifted Trucks  (Read 5421 times)

deldago

• Elite CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2
Re: Lifted Trucks
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2014, 12:14:50 PM »

(Puts on flame retardant suit) You know why they are building new F150's out of aluminum, so there is 700 less pounds to push off the road! And heated tailgates so your hands don't get cold in the winter!
T-MAN 117 kit

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2014, 12:16:44 PM »

Where are my Ford Bros., I can't fight this battle alone!! :drink:

No battle.  I have had Ford trucks since 1998 without a single issue.  Have never "lifted."  Here is my 2013 Ruby Red Metallic Limited,  Twin turbo ecoboost v-6,  All LED lighting (HID headlamps),  Recon tail, 3d brake and side mirror lenses,  Boost-Bar Lower Grill; Line-X bed and wheel well liner
Reus Audio sound system.  

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: '12 Ruby/Typhoon SG
    • CVO2: '15 Superior Blue FLD Switchback
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2014, 12:26:21 PM »

At work, the company has Fords exclusively...a couple hundred in total. The shop I work out of has 7......we only have 5 ...sometimes 6.....that are not in the shop at any given time. These are '12s and '13s. Blower motors, plugged heater cores, a couple transmissions, lotsa brake issues, faulty radio, head gasket, tire pressure monitors, wiper controls...., .....but, Ford sells a 1/2 ton to Suncor for $1.99 (maybe slightly exaggerated) and has on-site service for scheduled and minor service.
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." Socrates

owl893

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Autumn Haze
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2014, 12:58:20 PM »

it's a little hard to score right now, but I think Ford is behind 8-4..........bottom of the 7th.  C'mon Jimmy another pep talk might help..... :orange: :bananarock: :mango:

OWL
1961 DUO GLIDE, 1979 FLH, 1999 FXDWG, 2001 FXSTS, 2003 FLHRCI, 2004 FLSTCI, 2005 FLHT, 2006 FLHXI, 2011 FLHXSE2

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2014, 04:34:31 PM »

it's a little hard to score right now, but I think Ford is behind 8-4..........bottom of the 7th.  C'mon Jimmy another pep talk might help..... :orange: :bananarock: :mango:

OWL

Me thinks it fell on deaf ears  :wall:
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2014, 04:36:07 PM »

Me thinks it fell on deaf ears  :wall:
If it's any condolence, that damn 6.0 Powerchoke is what killed it.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6 - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2001 FLSTFI - non CVO, but really cool
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2014, 06:56:05 PM »

Me thinks it fell on deaf ears  :wall:

It's ok Jimmy, I'll stand in the corner with you.. ;)

The company I work for uses Ford vehicles exclusively and we have a LOT of them, the regional office I work out of has about 15 of the F250 Superduty and we do NOT baby these things. They are taken off road regularly, they tow occasionally, we do our own snow removal with them - driveways(yes a whole bunch of 'em) and several large parking lots - every storm. Heck the one I drive daily is darn near permanently loaded right up close to the 10,000 Lb GVWR with equipment and tools between the back half of the extended cab and the 3 large toolboxes bolted in the bed. Only 3 of these have required extended down time for repair in recent memory. We also have 6 of the 150's and they have also been good to us. All of these are 2010 model or newer since we only keep 'em 5 years or 100k(usually) per the terms of a corporate lease.

The biggest P.O.S. we got is the 2013 Fusion we have...but that ain't a truck
"The solutions are all simple....after you have arrived at them."     - Robert M. Pirsig

WildWes72

• Git-R-Done....
  • Full CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: CVO Breakout
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2014, 06:59:49 PM »

All you FORD haters, Ford was the only one that never took the Bail-Out!!!!! That's right GM, Government Motors!!!!! :o
2014 CVO Breakout, Sedona
V&H 2-into-2 BCM Baffels
High Comp 10.5: 259 cam
Dynojet PV/Autotune Pro

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: flhxse
    • CVO2: flhtcuse5
    • CVO3: flhtcuse6
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2014, 07:06:40 PM »

this in time may need to be moved from the humorous section into the umm is there a serious section.

krypto2011

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2014, 07:10:24 PM »

I was kind of sad when ford stopped making the 6.0 liter. I have made multiple house payments rebuilding those things!!! Up until 2003 I would have never bought any other diesel truck. Unfortunately with the introduction of the 6.0 liter power stroke, I will never buy another ford diesel again.
2011 SESG Krypto/Black Diamond, SE 259e cams, SE 5.3 injectors, HPI 58mm throttle body, heads ported and polished, V&H power duals, CFR mufflers, SE race tuner, SE high flow air filter

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2014, 07:28:43 PM »

I was kind of sad when ford stopped making the 6.0 liter. I have made multiple house payments rebuilding those things!!! Up until 2003 I would have never bought any other diesel truck. Unfortunately with the introduction of the 6.0 liter power stroke, I will never buy another ford diesel again.
I had a '99 F250 with the 7.3 in it. Great truck. Never an issue. Got rid of the wife and horses and didn't need it anymore.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2014, 07:36:06 PM »

You guys do realize that the 6.0 Powerstroke was a Navistar (International Harvester) engine, right?  And that Ford threw Navistar out due to the many problems with that engine.  The last time I worked in a truck assembly plant we were still installing the 7.3L Navistar, and overall it was a pretty reliable engine.  The change to the 6.0L was a circle jerk from the very beginning, despite lofty claims and promises from the Navistar folks.  Ford lost a fortune on those engines thanks to warranty costs, vehicle buy-backs, and lost customers.  I think where we screwed up was in the initial purchasing decision to go with Navistar in the first place, as opposed to a good company like Cummins.  I can only hope that the morons in purchasing who made that decision eventually got fired, but I doubt it.

Anyhow, while the other guys like to bash FoMoCo while ignoring all the fiasco's their favorite brands put out over the years, they still can't BS everyone about one thing.  The F-Series trucks have been the number one selling brand in the USA for over 30 years and still going strong.  As an employee I got special pricing on vehicles, and the same was true of my Dad and other relatives who worked for GM.  While all those relatives bought GM cars, over half of them including my Dad and father-in-law bought Ford trucks through me even though they could get discounts on GM trucks on their own.  And not just once, but several times. 

Jerry

Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2014, 08:15:49 PM »

You guys do realize that the 6.0 Powerstroke was a Navistar (International Harvester) engine, right?  And that Ford threw Navistar out due to the many problems with that engine.  The last time I worked in a truck assembly plant we were still installing the 7.3L Navistar, and overall it was a pretty reliable engine.  The change to the 6.0L was a circle jerk from the very beginning, despite lofty claims and promises from the Navistar folks.  Ford lost a fortune on those engines thanks to warranty costs, vehicle buy-backs, and lost customers.  I think where we screwed up was in the initial purchasing decision to go with Navistar in the first place, as opposed to a good company like Cummins.  I can only hope that the morons in purchasing who made that decision eventually got fired, but I doubt it.

Anyhow, while the other guys like to bash FoMoCo while ignoring all the fiasco's their favorite brands put out over the years, they still can't BS everyone about one thing.  The F-Series trucks have been the number one selling brand in the USA for over 30 years and still going strong.  As an employee I got special pricing on vehicles, and the same was true of my Dad and other relatives who worked for GM.  While all those relatives bought GM cars, over half of them including my Dad and father-in-law bought Ford trucks through me even though they could get discounts on GM trucks on their own.  And not just once, but several times. 

Jerry

Jerry

As has been discussed the 6.0 PS was not a great option. What years before the 6.0 and what years after the 6.0 are good?

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2014, 08:34:44 PM »

Jerry

As has been discussed the 6.0 PS was not a great option. What years before the 6.0 and what years after the 6.0 are good?

SBB

Find an older one with the 7.3 or the new 6.7 is a nice option. Biggest problem with the 6.0 was stretching the head bolts causing blown head gaskets. Whole cab of the truck needs to be removed to get the heads off. Now an unmodded or unabused 6.0 was not really a bad engine. But then again, how many people actually leave their power plants stock in a diesel truck?

deldago

• Elite CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2014, 08:45:07 PM »

Find an older one with the 7.3 or the new 6.7 is a nice option. Biggest problem with the 6.0 was stretching the head bolts causing blown head gaskets. Whole cab of the truck needs to be removed to get the heads off. Now an unmodded or unabused 6.0 was not really a bad engine. But then again, how many people actually leave their power plants stock in a diesel truck?
About as many of us that leave our 110's alone! ;D
T-MAN 117 kit
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.194 seconds with 21 queries.