Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: LED extra lighting  (Read 1221 times)

Kilaani

• Scarlett - The Bike On Fire
  • Elite CVO Member
  • CVOH! My Scarlett built 3-13-12, & arrived 6-1-12
LED extra lighting
« on: January 23, 2014, 05:03:47 PM »

What kind? Brightest? Best? Cost? I would love to just get red. I know that some have 7 different colors, but I don't need that. I want to brighten up the ground around me, wheel wells, engine, all that pretty chrome! There is another CVO member that I have met locally that has a really cool blue setup on his '07 Blue FLTCUSE or whatever ultra Classic kind of ride.

I searched back to September but didn't see anything about LED lighting systems. HD has an aftermarket one, but...eh. The guy on the forum HD-Dude (who owns Metal Dragon) has the 2005 Cherry "obsession" pictures on his avatar; that's exactly the kind of look I would love.

It's my last mod. Really. Until there's something else, like the Legend thing. :)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 05:11:40 PM by Kilaani »
My first & last CVO, Scarlett, arrived 6-1-12. I always remember my mom while riding.  She had smarts with a spirit of independence & adventure. "You Gotta LIVE!", was her motto; her favorite color red, and she loved BLING.

T-Hawk

• Civil Engineering Tech, US Air Force (Ret)
  • Senior CVO Member
  • "Sheila" My Big Tank Lady
    • AK

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6
    • CVO2: 20?? FXDWG?
Re: LED extra lighting
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 01:50:32 PM »

I have the Custom Dynamics "MagicFLEX" strips in blue on my 2011 SECU and the blue really pops.

My son liked it so much he wanted the same thing for his 2010 Fatbob, only in Red.  So we ordered some and the Red Pops pretty good too.

I used their kit description as a guide to ordering, and then just ordered the individual pieces I figured I'd need and actually use.

It's been awhile since I put them on myself, but I think I put a 12" strip under the gas tank on either side... a 3" or 6" strip under the engine heat guards at the saddle... and a 6" or 9" strip inside the Saddlebag fillers... and one 12" strip under the tourpak.

These strips are flexible as far as being able to conform to a flat/curved surface... but you can not create an "S" with these particular strips.  Custom Dynamics does however make a set that are flexible in any direction, but I'm not sure if they use the same 3M method of adhesion.

For my son's Fatbob, we did the same with the Tank... found a little niche where we could direct some light from under the saddle, and then place some on the inside of the rear fender.

Now, compared side by side to the blue, the Red doesn't really stand out... but by themselves without any other distractions, they definitely stand out.  Especially at night... when you'd most likely be using them anyways   8)
"Catching a Hornet inside your jacket at 65mph will more than double your vocabulary"
Tailgunner "Gunships"
Crusher True Duals
Barnett Carbon Fiber Performance Clutch
TTS Master Tune
CustomDynamics LED

T-Hawk

• Senior CVO Member
    • AK

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2014, 01:55:50 PM »

Here's a pic of my 2011 SECU inside a mall for a bike show...
"Catching a Hornet inside your jacket at 65mph will more than double your vocabulary"
Tailgunner "Gunships"
Crusher True Duals
TTS Master Tune
CustomDynamics LED

T-Hawk

• Senior CVO Member
    • AK

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2014, 01:57:18 PM »

Here's a pic of my Son's 2010 Fatbob in the dark garage...
Tailgunner "Gunships"
Crusher True Duals
TTS Master Tune
CustomDynamics LED

Kilaani

• Scarlett - The Bike On Fire
  • Elite CVO Member
  • CVOH! My Scarlett built 3-13-12, & arrived 6-1-12
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2014, 05:38:37 PM »

:cucumber:
Here's a pic of my Son's 2010 Fatbob in the dark garage...

Wow, way cool!
My first & last CVO, Scarlett, arrived 6-1-12. I always remember my mom while riding.  She had smarts with a spirit of independence & adventure. "You Gotta LIVE!", was her motto; her favorite color red, and she loved BLING.

Page created in 0.25 seconds with 22 queries.