Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 09 Stardust Silver color code  (Read 1775 times)

cahdbiker

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4
09 Stardust Silver color code
« on: January 28, 2014, 02:05:46 AM »

HI Everyone, I have decided that Black Helmets are too hot after my last ride to Arkansas and back. At a rest stop the top of  my helmet was so hot I could not put my finger on it and hold it there. So, I went to my local auto body supply shop and they gave me the attached color code to match my 09 Stardust Silver, which they will mix and put in a spray can for you. When you are ready to use it you push a button on the bottom of the can and shake it up to add hardner and your are all set. The downside is that by the time you buy the paint, and prep supplies you will be looking at over $50.00 plus your labor. I went the cheap route and used Rust-Oleum Metallic Silver part no: 7271 I also used their light grey primer part no: 2081, and then their clear coat part no:7701. (total around $18.00 bucks ) It is not a perfect match, but it is so close you really need to stare at it to tell the difference. Besides, I never had a helmet that didn't get scratched sooner or later. Please find paint code attached. I will also attach a picture of painted helmets baking in sun before being polished in another post since I can't seem to attach more than one picture per post. I know this is a long post and will only help a few people, but I thought it was worth the time for those of us who are tired of wearing black helmets that attract heat. CAHDBIKER

2009 SEUC just south of Point Mugu Ventura County, Ca.

cahdbiker

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4
Re: 09 Stardust Silver color code
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 02:10:28 AM »

Picture of Helmets painted with Rust-Oleum Metallic part no: 7271. CAHDBIKER

2009 SEUC just south of Point Mugu Ventura County, Ca.

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 22 queries.