Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Service manuals  (Read 3951 times)

lh4x4

Re: Service manuals
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2014, 07:32:05 PM »

www.kutterharleyonline.com is a discount dealer with great service. Around 20% off, free shipping over $99 order and if your not a Wisconsin resident. You will need the model year service manual and the CVO supplement for your model.   

hdaliaconis

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2017 CVO Ultra Limited - 2013 FLHTCUSE8 (Traded)

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Ultra
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2014, 07:52:58 PM »

This is what I do.  I purchased the full set of the 5 manuals for my bike from my local dealer.  I then found an archival, off-site copy of the official HD Digital Technician service manual in PDF.  I created a notebook and print out pages I need to work on my bike and place them in plastic sleeves in the notebook.  That way I keep my full service manual somewhat clean and have the information I use all the time at hand when working on the bike.  This way it is always easy to find the information I use most.

I will also download the PDF files to my iPad so if I am ever on the road I will have the service and electrical manual with me is something goes wrong (I know that rarely happens with HD products).  I wish I could find the parts manual in PDF and as a bonus would like the CVO specific manuals too.

While I could just photocopy the pages I need (this is fair use) it is just so much to print them out.

:oops: :nixweiss:

Could you expand on what you got with the Digital Technician Service Manual.  What is it and how does it relate to the service manuals that I have?
Do it now!

charles05663

• 1K CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 - Petunia
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2014, 08:24:20 PM »

Could you expand on what you got with the Digital Technician Service Manual.  What is it and how does it relate to the service manuals that I have?

They are simply PDF versions of the printed service manuals.  The nice thing about them is they are indexed and searchable.

And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
Matthew 4:19

http://www.thefishermenministry.net/

Q:  What is the USA's number one export to China?
A:  Trash!  They loved our high quality trash. (not any longer).

Stolen technology and Jobs!

hdaliaconis

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2017 CVO Ultra Limited - 2013 FLHTCUSE8 (Traded)

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Ultra
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2014, 08:43:33 PM »

They are simply PDF versions of the printed service manuals.  The nice thing about them is they are indexed and searchable.

:)
Do it now!

rjorgens

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2014, 10:32:31 PM »

x100  Buy the parts manual also and you don't have to rely on anyone to look up a part for you.  Plus, like Jerry said, the breakdown of an assembly is in much more detail than the service manual.
I own a parts manual but if I'd have know of this site before hand I probably wouldn't have bought it.   http://www.shopronniesharleydavidson.com/OEMpartfinder.htm
Rick

streetglider96

« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2014, 12:11:36 PM »

I got the the Service manual for my Electra glide on CD off of ebay.
Works great.

Paid about $15

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2014, 07:19:31 PM »

I own a parts manual but if I'd have know of this site before hand I probably wouldn't have bought it.   http://www.shopronniesharleydavidson.com/OEMpartfinder.htm

if you had a 2013 or newer, you still would have bought it.  ronnies doesn't have the newer bikes loaded.

try this one, they do:  http://www.granitestateharleystore.com/OEMpartfinder.htm
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.137 seconds with 21 queries.