Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: Rinehart or Fulsac?  (Read 5459 times)

CVO2FIXUP

• 1K CVO Member
  • Canada Eh!!!
    • ON

• CVO1: 2010 CVO Ultra Classic Riptide Blue.
Rinehart or Fulsac?
« on: February 25, 2014, 09:58:45 AM »

Mu bud just bought a 2011 CVO SG  On it, is a set of true dual V&H head pipes and stock cans!? So he was wondering what would be better. 4 inch Rinehart's, or the Fulsac 2 1/4 cores.  Which would be louder, and any performance difference? Thanx for the info.
I may be a head of cabbage, but I am ahead of you!!

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
Re: Rinehart or Fulsac?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2014, 10:11:30 AM »

Mu bud just bought a 2011 CVO SG  On it, is a set of true dual V&H head pipes and stock cans!? So he was wondering what would be better. 4 inch Rinehart's, or the Fulsac 2 1/4 cores.  Which would be louder, and any performance difference? Thanx for the info.

Better?
Louder?
Performance?
All pretty subjective IMHO, probably find someone with either muffler and compare what you buddy thinks HE likes best.
As far as performance, probably not much difference, at least that you can feel.
Comes down to looks mostly, and TONE of the mufflers, I have found the Fullsac conversion to be a little deeper tone that works for me on long rides. Just my personal observations.
Good luck.
 8)
HOGMIKE

willyB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2014, 12:40:53 PM »

Here in St. Louis I've never been able to actually hear what the Fullsacs sound like. On the other hand I've spent some time riding my brothers 103 with cams, heads, pistons, throttle body, Rinehart 4" slipons and Rinehart true duals.

Thought about buying Fullsacs from a cost standpoint but yesterday I bought he Rinehart 4" slipons from Eastern Performance Cycles for $495 No Tax, No Shipping. Going to stick them with a set of V&H duals I already have.

For me, being able to actually hear the Rineharts and after looking at the minor cost difference I felt more comfortable knowing what I was getting. Plus I didn't have to waste my time cutting out my stock mufflers and installing the new cores.

Then again pipe preference is like belly buttons. Every one has their own.  :)
GMR 577 Cams, S & S Lifters, S & S Pushrods, V&H Headers, Rinehart 4” Slipons, TTS Tuner, 12" Yaffee Monkey Bars, Color Matched Chopped Tour Pak (510 HP and 763 TQ +/-)

CowboyBagger

• 1K CVO Member
  • Standing on the Corner!
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: FLTRKSEANV Heritage paint
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2014, 10:39:42 PM »

I like Steve and Alice.  I don't know Mr. Rinehart. 

Cowboy

From an ocean tide, to an 8 second ride! Life is a ride, so make it a good one.

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2014, 11:10:29 PM »

Cowboy

:2vrolijk_21:
HOGMIKE

mike jesse

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2014, 11:32:01 PM »

Try the Kury Crushers/Crusher Mellows.
You won't be sorry.

tpseabird

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2014, 06:57:23 PM »

Cowboy

Same here. Started with the 2.0 cores w/x pipe and TTS and then stepped up to 2.25 cores. The sound is a deep rumble and the performance seems solid. I was also happy with the 2.0, but wanted to try the 2.25 cores and liked the sound better. Not sure I could tell a difference between the performance of the two. Used Steve's tune as well. Very happy!
Semper Paratus!

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2014, 09:32:13 PM »

Had Fullsac head pipes and V&H Monster Ovals on my '09 CUSE and then switched to Supertrapps. Thought I was happy with either. Then came the '13 SERK....had learned a little. Fullsac head pipes with 2 1/4 baffles in stock cans. Both have Steve's Maps and run great, the difference is SOUND!!! SERK makes CUSE sound like a old John Deere.
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2014, 01:00:55 AM »

I personally love the sound of Rinehart 4" muffs... I think they are some of the best-sounding pipes out there. But there is very little restriction and you do lose some low-end torque with them compared to the smaller baffles.

The Fullsac setup is excellent for all-around performance... but like any pipe, the bigger the cores, the less restriction and the more loss of low-end torque. You may not even notice it with the 110" engine on the street, though.

I would buy what you like, and get a competent tuner to tune it properly. Barring a really poor choice of components, a good tune is the biggest performance factor... even the best component mix can't perform if the tune isn't right.

Ken

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

tpb857

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2022 CVO Tri Glide
    • CVO2: 2016 CVO Street Glide (traded)
    • CVO3: 2014 CVO Limited (sold)
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2014, 05:27:00 AM »

I have the V & H Dresser Duals with the 4 in Rinehart slip ons.  I put the high flow baffles in the slip ons.  I thought the bike sounded great with the standard baffles, but wanted to see if I could get a little more volume.  I did get it with the high flow baffles.  I get a lot of compliments from other bikers on how the bike sounds.  I can't compare it to the Fullsac set up since I have never heard one.  I don't doubt that going with a less restrictive pipe causes a loss of some low end torque, but I can't remember how many HDs I have done this to and I could never tell a difference, including on my present bike.

BlackSpecial

• Old Leatherneck
    • OR

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2014, 06:42:12 AM »

Try the Kury Crushers/Crusher Mellows.
You won't be sorry.

+1.  Happy with mine behind the Jackpot 2-1-2 headpipe.
2014 FLHXS,561-1 cams,JWP heads,TTS,Ness a/c,Jackpot 2-1-2 pipe,Crushers

timo482

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2014, 06:59:51 AM »

quite a few years ago we had a 4 cy excavator with a detroit in it.

the operator complained and complained and threatened to quit because the excavator had "no power".

the mechanic had a idea - friday after the crew was done he took the mufflers off and installed some old ones where the inside was rusted completely away & gave the engine a bath

the next monday the operator was so happy! - it was fixed! told everybody they had installed a new engine and now it ran like it was supposed to!! he promised to keep working.

everybody else hated it, the cops hated it - turn the key one min before 7am and instant ticket, the neighbors hated it. you could not hold a conversation two blocks away. the joke around the company was that we had to move those mufflers around to what ever machine the guy was operating.

this fall i was running a volvo 480 - so quiet... about three times the actual power of that old insley without the headache and ringing ears.

i have found a lot of folks who directly link sound to power - for them all you need is a straight pipe and they are totally happy. the rest of us are looking for a couple of potato's to stick in the pipes.

to

D-N-D

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • PA

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE Limited / Moonlight Blue & Deep Sea Blue
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2014, 07:58:30 AM »

Check out Fulsac Stage 1 Kit ???  I'm very happy with it.
DND

HogRydr

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2014, 11:24:20 AM »

I have a 2013 Ultra and have had both Rinehart and Fullsac on it. From a performance aspect, the Fullsac set up for the 103" was much better than the Rineharts. As for sound, I could actually feel the rumble coming from the Rineharts. That was sweet while sitting still. Once on the road, the deep, bass rumble soon began to bother me. It made my ears ring and was a bit annoying. With the Fullsac's, great rumble while sitting still and excellent tone while riding. My opinion, go with the Fullsac set up. Great performance at a reasonable cost.

Fantozi

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2014, 01:07:53 PM »

Fullsac all the way !!!   

Everyone and their brother has Rinehart or Vance and Hines exhaust systems. Personally, I think the overpriced and are way too loud to enjoy a long ride.

The Fullsac 2-1-2 Pipes and cores fit perfect ! Performance and sound quality cannot be beat. Steve will stand by his products 100%

Thumbs down on the Jackpots.. (Horrible fit !)

This is my .02 so take it with a grain of salt.

willyB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2014, 04:39:47 PM »

Maybe when we comment on the sound quality of pipe selections we should be including our age as a relative data point.

By the way, I'm 51.

Right on the verge of stiff riding sports cars and 4-door cushy Cadillac's.  :D :D :D :D :D :D
GMR 577 Cams, S & S Lifters, S & S Pushrods, V&H Headers, Rinehart 4” Slipons, TTS Tuner, 12" Yaffee Monkey Bars, Color Matched Chopped Tour Pak (510 HP and 763 TQ +/-)

popsracing

• Full CVO Member
  • 2011 CVO Road Glide SE
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2014, 06:29:21 PM »

I'm with FANTOZI on this one...Seems like the majority have Rinehart or V&H systems and I'm not a fan...Went with Fullsac DX pipe, 2" cores and TTS with Steves custom tune and couldn't be happier....RIDE ON
2011 CVO FLHTRUSE
FULLSAC DX pipe W/2" baffles & TTS tuned
SoCal Tru-HID headlights
Easy Up center stand
Tour Pack Quick Detach Docking Kit Installed

IF YOUR GONNA BE A BEAR...BE A GRIZZLY

BlackSpecial

• Old Leatherneck
    • OR

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2014, 10:32:07 PM »

Thumbs down on the Jackpots.. (Horrible fit !)

Mine were a perfect fit. 
2014 FLHXS,561-1 cams,JWP heads,TTS,Ness a/c,Jackpot 2-1-2 pipe,Crushers

Kilaani

• Scarlett - The Bike On Fire
  • Elite CVO Member
  • CVOH! My Scarlett built 3-13-12, & arrived 6-1-12
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2014, 08:38:59 PM »

And now, you have the choice pf the 2.5 baffles with SG & Fullsac best of all worlds !!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My first & last CVO, Scarlett, arrived 6-1-12. I always remember my mom while riding.  She had smarts with a spirit of independence & adventure. "You Gotta LIVE!", was her motto; her favorite color red, and she loved BLING.

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2014, 09:38:23 PM »

Fullsac all the way !!!   

Everyone and their brother has Rinehart or Vance and Hines exhaust systems. Personally, I think the overpriced and are way too loud to enjoy a long ride.

I agree with this statement. Nothing like going with what everyone else is doing! I HATE rineharts, hate the sound, hate the look, hate that they are on 75% of the damn bikes I see! Fullsac is a great setup. Good luck with your choice.

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.2 seconds with 21 queries.