Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Author Topic: 1000 Mile Service - Pay the dealer or not to do this service?  (Read 16547 times)

dkl032

• ID

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
Re: 1000 Mile Service - Pay the dealer or not to do this service?
« Reply #60 on: May 20, 2014, 11:12:43 AM »

do it yourself!!  learn a little about your bike, you will be glad you did.  then take the $$ you save and buy a nice accessory.
2014 CVO Limited | V&H Power Duals and Monster Ovals | 117 Kit | SE 285 Cams | Dyno Tuned | Rekluse Clutch | Wild One 578 Bars | Floorboard Extensions | Freedom Wind Shield | Airwing LED Light | Custom Dynamics LED Turn Signals and Triple Play/Tour Pak Strobe | LED Fog Lights | FOBO TPMS | Shorty Antennas | Tour Pak Relocator, Wall, Lid Organizer, Ultra Brace | Saddlebag Wall Organizer | Backrest Organizer | Adjustable Passenger Footpegs | Hog Trough Drink Holder | Windshield Pouch | Ohlins

RonandJanet

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #61 on: May 20, 2014, 12:55:47 PM »

A quick update on the Speed-o replacement.  The dealer got the part and installed it in 2.0 hours. Everything now works perfectly!   

I do agree with what everyone says that it is good to work on your bike. At the least do the basic things.  You learn more about your bike and you may identify potencial issues earlier.

Nano

• FL

• CVO1: 2016 FLHTKSE - Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue
« Reply #62 on: May 23, 2014, 11:08:26 AM »

Going to have dealer do 1k service.  Final dyno tune done then (already paid for).  Hoping for improved gas mileage and a little more power.
Nano

2016 FLHTKSE:
V&H Power Duals Header
Tab 4" All Chrome BAM Sticks
TTS Dyno Tuned

Dr.D

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SEDFB Sunrise Yellow and Black Quartz
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited silver/orange
    • CVO3: 2015 Indian Vintage Custom 57 Chevy Blue
« Reply #63 on: June 09, 2014, 01:05:13 PM »

Just had the 1K service done and paid nothing as agreed at the purchase. I do not WANT to work on my bike. I do prefer to do the cleaning and detailing myself because I know my technique is superior to theirs. BTW when I traded the old bike they asked about the service record and I was able to show all service done at another dealer.

I would recommend any one purchasing a new bike to get all the numbers down and then leverage the 1K service at the dealer cost as the last concession "just to make you feel good". ;)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 21 queries.