• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '01 FXDWG2 RED 103 6sp
    • CVO2: '05 FLHTCSE2 CHERRY
    • CVO3: '09 FLTRSE3 YELLOW 117/DD7
Re: Fp3
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2014, 04:16:01 PM »

My compare comment wasn't toward you.
Sorry!

I'd wait until the new Maximus from Techno Research to come out.
"I've read dozens of books about heros and crooks, and learned much from both of their styles"

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2014, 04:52:23 PM »

Change things! ..........who would do that   ;D

So how often have you changed components that require a new tune after is was done properly for the changes you had at the time? Most people only change there bikes a few times over the life of the engine. Sure, there are a few of us that love to play around but we are the exceptions to the rule, not the norm.

Just talked with a customer today that tuned his bike back in '05 and wanted to check his tune after all this time because he read the internet and was told he needed to. I asked him how is it running and his answer was great. So I asked why mess with it then, his answer was the guys on the internet said because fuel has changed it has to be redone.
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

FlaHeatWave

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2014, 05:36:48 PM »

In my OP, (which had the title changed and turned over to someone else that posted 5 hrs. later, by the moderator?)

I just wondered if Bluetooth was the way everyone was headed.

And I liked the idea to be able to monitor functions / change parameters with the iPhone, as I already use it for Nav, Music, and Communication.

Steve has explained that Bluetooth doesn't have sufficient transfer rates, and I learned something...

Since we are jumping right into a 117" the only reason for me to retune the '09 is a cam or muffler change.

'Just not in any hurry to put this bike on a dyno...
"I've read dozens of books about heros and crooks, and learned much from both of their styles"

Hilly13

« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2014, 08:06:01 PM »

Yes it's good to know Bluetooth won't cut it....

Steve, I'm a tinkerer, three different cams, cube increases, compression increase, TB change, 5 different tunes when I finish this one, I do it because I can and I like it  :P

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2014, 08:23:57 PM »

Yes it's good to know Bluetooth won't cut it....

Steve, I'm a tinkerer, three different cams, cube increases, compression increase, TB change, 5 different tunes when I finish this one, I do it because I can and I like it  :P

But are you the Norm? I'm in the process of doing 30 cam changes and tunes right now to the same bike! Once done, then I switch to another bike and do it all over again. I can tell you without a doubt there is no way in hell I want to try looking at cell phone size display to do the tuning. My old eyes have a hard enough time with a 11" display there is no way I would even do it with a 2" x 3" display which is what cell phones today have. I've play here with a 7" PC based tablet that has window on it and doing a Vtune with that size display is about all the smaller I would want to use.

Bluetooth is fine for lots of slow transfer rate and when it doesn't matter about speed but for any real time high speed data it just doesn't cut it. Believe me we have invested a large amount of time into looking at all these things and I wish there was a simple answer but IMHO by the time your get something of a reasonable size to be able to read your up to a 7" display. Look at HD's new (2014) radio's and there touch screens ended up in the same size range! I'm sure if they felt a smaller display would have done the job, thats what we would have gotten!
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

FlaHeatWave

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2014, 11:23:17 PM »

But are you the Norm? I'm in the process of doing 30 cam changes and tunes right now to the same bike! Once done, then I switch to another bike and do it all over again. I can tell you without a doubt there is no way in hell I want to try looking at cell phone size display to do the tuning. My old eyes have a hard enough time with a 11" display there is no way I would even do it with a 2" x 3" display which is what cell phones today have. I've play here with a 7" PC based tablet that has window on it and doing a Vtune with that size display is about all the smaller I would want to use.

Bluetooth is fine for lots of slow transfer rate and when it doesn't matter about speed but for any real time high speed data it just doesn't cut it. Believe me we have invested a large amount of time into looking at all these things and I wish there was a simple answer but IMHO by the time your get something of a reasonable size to be able to read your up to a 7" display. Look at HD's new (2014) radio's and there touch screens ended up in the same size range! I'm sure if they felt a smaller display would have done the job, thats what we would have gotten!

What tablet do you use???

Hilly13

« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2014, 02:59:31 AM »

Dunno about Steve but I use a 10" dell tablet mounted on my handle bars, makes it real easy to fill a TTS histogram, no I guess I'm not the norm  :-\

jpdchicago

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHRSE 2014
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2014, 03:04:00 PM »

Just ordered V&H Power Duals, Monster rounds and Fp3 for my 2014 CVO Road King. I have dresser duals and Monster rounds on my 2003 road king classic and love the sound. Decided to go to Power duals this time for more low end.
That MP3 came in just in time for me...
I will let everyone know how it goes.

jpdchicago

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2014, 03:05:08 PM »

I mean FP3

harleymojoman

« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2014, 12:32:56 PM »

Was very interested however, I have a complete RUSH exhaust system & head pipe. Nothing offered but their brands for the tuning questions at this time . . . . . . . . .
I think they should have delayed introduction until they could offer alternative brands. :coolblue:

BigLew55

• Elite CVO Member
    • IA

« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2014, 03:34:24 PM »

I downloaded the app. It has a demo mode that can help you look through many of the features.  My initial opinion is that they need some time to further develop it's capabilities. Tuning aside, if it doesn't give you a speedometer calibration option, it's not likely going to make my list.

Still, I will be watching as they will probably be releasing upgrades as time passes.
Big Lew
IBA #595

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2014, 03:50:52 PM »

The real purpose of the various Fuel Pak iterations is to help sell exhaust systems, as well as add some extra profit of course.  The previous Fuel Paks had the same limitation in that they had a database of suggested settings for various bikes with their own brand of exhaust systems, but not much if anything for other brands.  From the little information I can find on the Fuel Pak 3, this still looks like it's mostly just like the previous versions in that you use a canned map they provide based on bike model and their exhaust systems.  They do imply that this version will retain closed loop capabilities, which is much better than the add-on boxes that just bypass the O2 sensors and run open loop all the time.

Time will tell if it's truly a useful tool or if it's just one more piggyback device with the added gimmick of a visual interface.  You would think for the suggested price they would at least include a screen versus making you use your smart phone.  I don't expect many people will bother after the initial gee whiz wears off; how often do you really need to study the simple data this thing will display?  Personally, I'm of the opinion that it is best to get the most capable system in the first place, get the bike tuned properly, and then leave it alone until you make changes to the build that require a new tune.  It is not necessary or even wise to constantly be screwing with the tune if you retain closed loop operation.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

jpdchicago

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2014, 12:55:15 AM »

It does not look like the maps are available for CVOs yet. Shows on their site "maps coming soon for cvo models.
Sent email to V&H to find out when...

jpdchicago

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2014, 12:26:00 AM »

Got my answer from V&H.
Maps for CVOs will not be available until May 1st. Could be earlier but,supposedly, ran into problems mapping 110 engines.
IMHO they should have waited to release the whole system until all bugs were fixed...

Timusa

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: Deep Sherwood Pearl 2014 FLHRSE6
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2014, 11:13:33 AM »

Even on their web site they state that the FP3 is only good for "light" modifications, like exhaust and intake.
Cam changes, headwork and larger displacement engines are not covered.
I will stick to my Power Vision for now.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Page created in 0.165 seconds with 21 queries.