Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Re: Its Official  (Read 10980 times)

CVOMOE!!

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • BC

Re: Its Official
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2006, 12:07:08 AM »

Welcome to the site from another newbie.  Won't be for long though. Good choice on the bike though.  Chrome, pipes, and more chrome.

Cheers and beers.

CVOMOE
2005 FLHTCSE2 - Banana - Sold
Freedom Tru-duals
Power Commander
Dyno tuned
Now a 107" with Cycle Shack exhaust and Race Tuner
2007 BMW1200GS - What a hoot - Sold May 2010
2011 Triumph Tiger 800 - Sold
2011 Kawasaki KLR 650 - Sold
2009 Kawasaki KLR 650 - Sold
2013 Yamaha Super Tenere - Sold
2014 Yamaha XT250 - Sold
2014 BMW F800GS - Sold
2014 Kawasaki KLX 351
2017 Triumph Explorer 1200
2017 Harley Ultra Classic Ltd

HDDOCFL

• 1K CVO Member
  • Never Say Never
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2006, 05:14:26 AM »

Going to back out of the bike and deal after all this I feel bad. Talked to the owner that traded it in and found that the bike was damaged , all cosmetic but damaged just the same. Feel over in a trailer and took out the right side of the bike, The dealer repaired it with all new parts but I do not feel right about this bike now. They replaced the fairing inner and outer, tank, front fender, saddle bag right side and tour pack, and a bunch of other stuff, bars, mirror, grip, lever. Just dont feel right to me even thougth its looks like brand new, I know the damage was done. The dealer did tell me they had to fix a few things, but the owner got into more detail. Back into the closet I guess for now. Thanks to everyone here for all the kind words of welcome and lists of things to do to it.  Thanks Again Doc.

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2006, 09:59:27 AM »

Going to back out of the bike and deal after all this I feel bad. Talked to the owner that traded it in and found that the bike was damaged , all cosmetic but damaged just the same. Feel over in a trailer and took out the right side of the bike, The dealer repaired it with all new parts but I do not feel right about this bike now. They replaced the fairing inner and outer, tank, front fender, saddle bag right side and tour pack, and a bunch of other stuff, bars, mirror, grip, lever. Just dont feel right to me even thougth its looks like brand new, I know the damage was done. The dealer did tell me they had to fix a few things, but the owner got into more detail. Back into the closet I guess for now. Thanks to everyone here for all the kind words of welcome and lists of things to do to it.

hogasm

« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2006, 10:25:44 AM »

Doc, of course it is your choice but I think I might make another pass at the dealer. From what you have written, there was no frame or mechanical damage of any kind. Tin, plastic and shinny things are easily replaced and if your run back at them with the knowledge you have now, offer a lower bid with an extended warranty thrown in. Sounds to me that bike could be bought right and could be a hell of a deal.

Don't let cosmetic damaged goods change your mind. Heck by the time you get through customizing it you will probably have replaced more parts than they did. Check to make sure that the frame was not damaged, as long as it has a clean title and not a salvage one then I would do as MJZ said. Offer less money and an extended warranty.

Hogasm

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2006, 10:35:26 AM »

MJZ and Hogasm are giving you good advice.  Heck - I wish I could get new plastic parts at the expense of someone else. You have the chance to get virtually a brand new bike for a very good price.  I would reconsider.  There is nothing wrong with getting replaced tins.......... This is a good thing.  Good luck with your choice.  ;)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2006, 04:40:00 PM »

Going to back out of the bike and deal after all this I feel bad. Talked to the owner that traded it in and found that the bike was damaged , all cosmetic but damaged just the same......  Thanks Again Doc.
Doc,
It is your choice, and your money. But I ditto what all has been said about still getting this bike. If your concern is the damage make it worth your while in the deal in regards to purchasing it (lower price and extended warranty). There is NO WAY not to have imperfections on these scooters (if you plan on riding it). Things are going to happen.... you are going to get scratch here, a ding there, a piece broken here, a piece replaced here it is inevitable.

I would be more concerned that the parts replaced were OEM correct pieces for the bike. If they are then work a deal, get the bike, and ride it like you stole it (which after you negotiate the price my hope is this will be the feeling you get... you stole it).

To find a bike with the low mileage as this one has is rare thing.

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

HDDOCFL

• 1K CVO Member
  • Never Say Never
« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2006, 08:33:25 AM »

Thanks people but bought a 07 RG yesterday at the same dealer, will be some time before I buy another bike . So back on the sidelines for now. Thanks to all  Doc.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2006, 09:31:54 AM »

Thanks people but bought a 07 RG yesterday at the same dealer, will be some time before I buy another bike . So back on the sidelines for now. Thanks to all
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.153 seconds with 21 queries.