Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Help, 07 SE has no sound  (Read 2099 times)

drl07se

Help, 07 SE has no sound
« on: November 26, 2006, 03:09:38 AM »

This may have been discussed somewhere here already but I'm new to the site and have not found anything. I have an 07 SERK. Love the bike but hate the sound or lack of sound I should say. All the HD's I have owned previously it was very simple to just slip on new mufflers. I am hearing that due to o2 sensers that this is not an option on the 07 models. What are you guys doing to get more sound out of the 07's? Any advise would be much appriciated!

JDOFLHRIDER

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
  • 2010 FLHTCUSE5 BURNT AMBER -HOT CITRUS
Re: Help, 07 SE has no sound
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2006, 05:02:41 PM »

IF YOU LOOK AROUND THIS SITE YOU WILL SEE GUYS ARE PUTTING SLIP ON MUFFLERS OR D+D FATCATS.ON MINE I'VE HAD KERKER MUFFLERS BUT SWITCHED TO THE D +D 'S .I HAD THE DEALER PUT A PRO TUNNER AND DYNO AND LOVED THE RESULTS.GOOD LUCK

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2006, 10:08:58 AM »

To make it louder as you ask ... Some have gone by way of the Slip-Ons, others have gone with the Rinehart True Duals, Vance Hines Headers with "name muffler here" and others with the D&D Fat Cats.  All below come with Bungs already in the pipes for 07 models.

Rinehart stock baffle is a 2 1/4 can go larger to a 2 1/2 or quieter to a 2 inch
Rinehart also has their 2 into 1 no falsie released.

Vance Hines offers you a variety and some cross over like Bassani Rage Mufflers

D&D is a 2 into 1 that can be bought with a Falsie 2 pipe and comes with a stock baffle from them.  This can be upgraded to a performance baffle and there is talk of a police baffle that is quieter.  I have not confirmed this.

There is also the Thunder Header which comes with bungs in it and a falsie can also be bought to go with this 2 into 1 pipe.   This is a good pipe only issues are blueing and chrome is fair over time probably the least desireable.

-harry
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2006, 08:46:05 PM »

If you want sound and adjustability,  go with Hookers.  best tuneability,  good sound (a little too loud for some,  but they work).  Check with you local tuner to see what the effects are on the '07 w/ O2 sensors......JMHO

_Beagle
What ever it is that somebody did that you didn't want done.....................I either did it or had something to do with it!!!

Ghost Rider

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM # WHORE

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Kermit
    • CVO2: 2015 Victory Ness Magnum #31 of 299
    • CVO3: 2013 Can-Am Spyder RTS
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2006, 10:16:57 AM »

drl,

I have had the same issue with my SERK.  I can't hear the bike at all once I get over 50mph.  I have decided that since I won't get much riding done in the next couple of months anyway, is to let the warm weather guys put new pipes on there bikes and get their feedback on what works best.  I definatly see some true duals, and some kind of fuel management system in my future.

WILL THE OCD NEVER END!!!  [smiley=confused5.gif]

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2006, 04:11:28 PM »

drl,

I have had the same issue with my SERK.
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 21 queries.