Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Spark Plug Wires  (Read 2951 times)

efurlong

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MA

Spark Plug Wires
« on: April 04, 2014, 11:26:54 AM »

Hi, is there a currently available (pre cut) black Screaming Eagle spark plug wire set that'll fit an fxr4? Or, is there anybody that might have an NOS pair of SE wires for sale?
What do you guys reccomend for plugs & wires...I was thinking about the SE double platinum plug 32187-10.
Thanks in advance.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: Spark Plug Wires
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2014, 11:58:23 AM »

Hi, is there a currently available (pre cut) black Screaming Eagle spark plug wire set that'll fit an fxr4? Or, is there anybody that might have an NOS pair of SE wires for sale?
What do you guys reccomend for plugs & wires...I was thinking about the SE double platinum plug 32187-10.
Thanks in advance.

Unless you plan to run that same set of plugs for 50,000 miles, I'd suggest running the standard plugs.  Platinum electrodes last longer, but they don't have any short term performance advantage, especially if you change plugs every 5,000 to 10,000 miles like most folks.

As for SE wires, the only kits in the catalog that claim to fit are universal kits, where you have to cut the wire and install the terminals and boots yourself.  I'd suggest trying one of the aftermarket places like J&P, Drag Specialties, etc..  Here's a link to what J&P lists for your bike:

http://www.jpcycles.com/2000-harley-davidson-super-glide-3rd-edition-fxr4/spark-plugs/exact-fit

Jerry

Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

efurlong

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MA

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2014, 12:43:51 PM »

Thanks for the info & link.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2014, 02:33:56 PM »

I dug out an old SE catalog from '06 and looked up wires for FXR's, came up with this number:

32090-98    Harley-Davidson® Screamin’ Eagle® Terminated Plug Wire Kit, 8mm Black

If you prefer H-D parts over aftermarket, see if the dealers in your area have this kit.  It still shows as a good number at the one dealership I checked online (Surdyke).

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

efurlong

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MA

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2014, 03:19:31 PM »

Jerry, thanks for the tip...I just checek Surdyke, sure enough they're there. So, I just called my local dealer Monty's in West Bridgewater, MA. They had them & I snagged them. Ted

Page created in 0.301 seconds with 21 queries.