Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bored...any thoughts?  (Read 1614 times)

Rio

• 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra Rio Ember/Black
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Nick
Bored...any thoughts?
« on: April 14, 2014, 01:20:19 PM »

Its been awhile since I've done anything with my bike.  I currently have the TTS Mastertune, Kerker Stout mufflers with the Fullsac head pipe, Andrews 31t sprocket.  I can't find a good tuner around here that is familiar with TTS, not sure where to go without having to turn it into a weekend trip.  Local shop that I have heard good things about likes working with ThunderMax.  I had the TMax on two other bikes and I had great success.  This bike I bought with 1,600 miles on it and it had the Fullsac stage 1 already set up.  I removed the stock cans with the 2.25 baffles and went with the Kerkers.  The Andrews Sprocket was already on the bike or I would have probably passed on that?  I was going to have this place install the TMax and create a base map tune.  I was also considering Andrews 57h cams?
Full Sac X-Pipe,
Full Sac 2.25 cores
TTS Mastertune
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 94 Shocks
Andrews 30t sprocket
Wind Splitter Windscreen

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
Re: Bored...any thoughts?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2014, 01:45:06 PM »

Personally, I would never install a replacement ECM on a bike I own.  Reasons? The Delphi ECM works just fine. It is 100% certain that if you replace it, any warranty is null and void. If you travel and have any kind of problem on the road, finding a place that knows anything about the TMax is going to be extremely difficult, at best....there's just not many shops out there that are familiar with it, and historically, good customer support has been spotty. I would venture to say that virtually 0% of HD dealers would even touch the bike for diagnostics that required interfacing with the ECM. Whatever the problem, if it involves operation of the engine, fuel management, electrical/electronic systems, etc., any HD shop is going to blame it on the Tmax.

Have you contacted Steve Cole about finding a qualified shop to tune with the TTS?  How is the bike running currently? Problems?
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

DaBigNuttedMan

• Steered & Geared by DaBigNuttedMan
  • Elite CVO Member
  • No Skool Straight F Fuc_ PowerCustom PypeDaShi_

• CVO1: 2011 RoadGlide Ultra Screamin Eagle
    • CVO2: 1969 Rupp Roadster chromed up Shriner Special
    • CVO3: Grasshopper 725 w/48" snothrower
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 06:43:12 PM »

I put a tmax on my ol'ladys trike 04 ultra classic added 02 sensors, I'm told if there ever a problem un plug it and plug the Delphi in and it will run, so we keep the Delphi on the bike, I asked do I have to mount it or at least mouse up a ground wire to the case? was told nope just un plug and stuff the Delphi under the side cover. of course this would only limp it home it wont be set up for the cams throttle body exhaust etc etc. wouldn't want to make it work hard lite load only and it would set trouble codes as well.  of course the warranty is always a problem if its a problem.

I'm not telling you to go tmax though, the newer ones with autotune are supposed to be better than the old ones, I'm lucky to have a friend to barter with who knows tmax well and I got it for cost almost half of what they want for it. We don't regret it,though it was a little quirky at first.   PM me I'll tell ya what I know of how its gone for us with the tmax deal and we don't regret it...............Randy
Life begins just outside your comfort zone and you havent lived until you push a full dress harley on a hot day up a grade because your low mile twincam fell apart, and your convinced it's to bitchen to leave it there.           Ugh pardon me but do you have any beer?

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2014, 07:04:42 PM »

Put some stretched bags on the thing and call it a day 8)

Well,,,,, you didn't really specify in which direction you are bored with it. You might have subtley hinted about engine mods.  ::)
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

willyB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2014, 07:32:02 PM »

Ask Doc on this site. He's the TTS king here and he put me in touch with a great tuner in St. Louis. I'm sure he's got a lead on one in your area.

I put GMR's 577's in an I really like them. I think the 57's hit better in the higher rpm range.

If you're bored you could spend 4 hours cleaning every little nook and cranny. ;D
GMR 577 Cams, S & S Lifters, S & S Pushrods, V&H Headers, Rinehart 4” Slipons, TTS Tuner, 12" Yaffee Monkey Bars, Color Matched Chopped Tour Pak (510 HP and 763 TQ +/-)

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2014, 09:23:15 PM »

Ask Doc on this site. He's the TTS king here and he put me in touch with a great tuner in St. Louis. I'm sure he's got a lead on one in your area.

I put GMR's 577's in an I really like them. I think the 57's hit better in the higher rpm range.

If you're bored you could spend 4 hours cleaning every little nook and cranny. ;D
c'mon willy, you know 4 hours are barely enough time to clean the battery area and behind the side covers on these bikes. ;)
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

Rio

• 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra Rio Ember/Black
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Nick
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2014, 09:00:57 AM »

Personally, I would never install a replacement ECM on a bike I own.  Reasons? The Delphi ECM works just fine. It is 100% certain that if you replace it, any warranty is null and void. If you travel and have any kind of problem on the road, finding a place that knows anything about the TMax is going to be extremely difficult, at best....there's just not many shops out there that are familiar with it, and historically, good customer support has been spotty. I would venture to say that virtually 0% of HD dealers would even touch the bike for diagnostics that required interfacing with the ECM. Whatever the problem, if it involves operation of the engine, fuel management, electrical/electronic systems, etc., any HD shop is going to blame it on the Tmax.

Have you contacted Steve Cole about finding a qualified shop to tune with the TTS?  How is the bike running currently? Problems?

There was a guy from Ohio that tuned with TTS.  He's about 2 hours away, I could take a weekend ride and schedule him on a Saturday.  I haven't seen him on the site since last summer so who knows?  I would like to try and find out if anyone knows anything about him?  He was part of some pretty deep tuning conversations :nixweiss:
Full Sac X-Pipe,
Full Sac 2.25 cores
TTS Mastertune
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 94 Shocks
Andrews 30t sprocket
Wind Splitter Windscreen

DaBigNuttedMan

• Steered & Geared by DaBigNuttedMan
  • Elite CVO Member
  • No Skool Straight F Fuc_ PowerCustom PypeDaShi_

• CVO1: 2011 RoadGlide Ultra Screamin Eagle
    • CVO2: 1969 Rupp Roadster chromed up Shriner Special
    • CVO3: Grasshopper 725 w/48" snothrower
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2014, 06:41:42 PM »

I'm sorry I just reread your original post Rio, some how I missed the part where you already used tmax twice, my bad I'll shutup  :2vrolijk_21:
Life begins just outside your comfort zone and you havent lived until you push a full dress harley on a hot day up a grade because your low mile twincam fell apart, and your convinced it's to bitchen to leave it there.           Ugh pardon me but do you have any beer?

Page created in 0.153 seconds with 22 queries.