Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: FXR4 Service Manual - Don't Bother  (Read 1874 times)

killjoy

• Full CVO Member
FXR4 Service Manual - Don't Bother
« on: November 27, 2006, 12:00:01 PM »

I just picked up the FXR4 Service Manual (PN: 99480-00) from H-D for about $40.00.

Don't waste your time or money.

While it is called the "Official Factory Manual", it is a service manual supplement that does not contain any information pertaining to the following sections: ENGINE, FUEL SYSTEM, ELECTRIC STARTER, DRIVE, TRANSMISSION, or ELECTRICAL. Each of these (IMO, critical) sections of the service manual only state, "All 'Specific section' service procedures in the current FXR2/FXR3 service manual also refer to FXR4 motorcycles..." To be fair, it says Supplement on the top, but that was not legible on the H-D website where I got it.

In short, just buy the FXR2/FXR3 service manual, as there is nothing in this supplement to warrant the $40 price tag. Although, I haven't yet shelled the additional $40 for the 2/3 manual - could be that it just refers you to a more previous manual also!!

Guess I should've known there was a reason that Harley manuals are all sealed in plastic in the store and you can't read them before you buy them.
"... When all is said & done, more will be said than done."

killjoy

• Full CVO Member
Re: FXR4 Service Manual - Don't Bother
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2006, 03:15:45 PM »

Yep...just got mine in today...There ain't much there for $40.00 is there?...Not exactly what I had in mind when I ordered...... >:(

No, there sure isn't much there at all, and wasn't what I was looking for either.

Sorry I couldn't get this warning out to you before you wasted your money on it too. :-(
"... When all is said & done, more will be said than done."

RedFXR2

Re: FXR4 Service Manual - Don't Bother
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2006, 11:57:09 AM »

Hey, elvis.  About that picture.  You better wear a full coverage helmet because as young as you look, the cops will stop you before you get 2 miles from your house. ;D

Or...better keep an eye on the young guy--he looks like he's wondering how much fun it will be to hit fifth gear wide open.

Page created in 0.12 seconds with 21 queries.