Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Power Vision Guage se up.  (Read 4576 times)

CVO2FIXUP

• 1K CVO Member
  • Canada Eh!!!
    • ON

• CVO1: 2010 CVO Ultra Classic Riptide Blue.
Power Vision Guage se up.
« on: April 26, 2014, 08:08:59 PM »

I have a question about the Power Vision.  You know in your gauge set up with the PV you can select 6 different parameters to monitor real time.  I chose gear selection, engine temp,  RPM.  Now I have 3 more slots and not sure what would be the most useful data to keep my eye on.  So what would you think would be worth while parameters to select? What do you guy's fill these slots with? Cheers.
I may be a head of cabbage, but I am ahead of you!!

Delta

• Full CVO Member
Re: Power Vision Guage se up.
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2014, 08:20:38 PM »

I monitor ET, Fuel Mileage, CLI front and rear, AFF front and rear. Sometime Spark Knock front and rear.

2011 FLHTCUSE6, Fullsac Sportpipe, Stock CVO Mufflers, Oil bypass vented, Power Vision

In Memory of Chappy

INDEPENDENT_1

• Superior Performance
  • Vendor
  • Senior CVO Member
  • independentmcshop.com
    • independentmcshop.com
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2014, 11:28:06 PM »

For tuning on the dyno, I use Engine Temp, Manifold Pressure, Throttle Position, Front Knock Retard, Rear Knock Retard and RPM.
Specializing in American V-Twin and Authorized Factory Pro 4 Gas Dyno Tuning!

independentmcshop.com

UAV Pilot

• Junior CVO Member
  • 2008 FLHTCUSE3
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2014, 11:59:08 PM »

RPM, Fuel Mileage, Gear, and the really really scary one......Temperature!
Better to Remain Silent and Thought a Fool, Than To Open One's Mouth and Remove All Doubt......Abraham Lincoln

Sarhan

• Still a Live
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2014, 03:14:52 AM »

Some of the parameters on PV requires wideband for accuracy reading
A short walk is tedious when no one walks with you, but a long journey is just like a few steps, when you walk with god & caring friends

BigLew55

• Elite CVO Member
    • IA

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2014, 08:15:09 AM »

You are aware that there are several pages that you can set up with different Guage packages, right?
Big Lew
IBA #595

05Train

• Mind is not for rent
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2014, 09:03:07 AM »

You are aware that there are several pages that you can set up with different Guage packages, right?
This.

My main 6-gauge setup is:

-ET
-MAP
- Spark retard (f)
- Spark retard (r)
- Knock count (f)
- Knock count (r)
The best you've had is the best you know.

CVO2FIXUP

• 1K CVO Member
  • Canada Eh!!!
    • ON

• CVO1: 2010 CVO Ultra Classic Riptide Blue.
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2014, 09:39:00 AM »

This.

My main 6-gauge setup is:

-ET
-MAP
- Spark retard (f)
- Spark retard (r)
- Knock count (f)
- Knock count (r)

OK, now we are getting to the meat of the matter.  I understand why you would want the obvious settings like fuel millage, RPM, temp.  But wha and how can the Knock,  Spark, and even manifold pressure settings be of any interest? What can I gain from knowing these parameters. Would love to have this info.

Will mount the unit on a new gas tank door from Kury.  Perfect place for it.
I may be a head of cabbage, but I am ahead of you!!

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2014, 09:45:28 AM »

OK, now we are getting to the meat of the matter.  I understand why you would want the obvious settings like fuel millage, RPM, temp.  But wha and how can the Knock,  Spark, and even manifold pressure settings be of any interest? What can I gain from knowing these parameters. Would love to have this info.

Will mount the unit on a new gas tank door from Kury.  Perfect place for it.

Yeah that's a good question? I would have never had any desire to monitor spark or manifold pressure...  :nixweiss:

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2014, 11:05:47 AM »

Since the bike already has a tachometer, I can't imagine why anyone would need another gauge indicating RPM.  Save that one for the guys with bikes that don't have tachs.

Are you just looking for ideas on how to play with your new toy, or do you really think you need all this data for some legitimate purpose?  It's bad enough that motorcycle companies are trying to catch up to the bad example set by the auto companies by adding a ton of distractions for the rider, but we also have the aftermarket adding to the distractions.  After reading all the data from the multiple pages of possible gauges on the PV, and then reviewing the data presented by the bike's gauges, and then reviewing the infotainment system, when does anyone actually pay attention to their riding?  You know, those semi-important things like looking out for those equally distracted cage drivers who may run you down at any time.  Btw, just because you have six "slots" on that main screen doesn't mean you have to fill them all.  Why not choose one or two that are really important to you, like head temp for instance, and not fill the screen with distracting extras?  Then a quick glance is all it would take to see the data you really want to be able to monitor.  You can always set up other gauges for occasional use on different screens if I understand how the system works.  IMHO the gauge feature may be handy if you are trying to diagnose a particular problem, but just setting up a bunch of gauges, many of which report data that you have no clue what it means and have no control over anyway, seems a bit excessive and OCD.

JMHO - Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

05Train

• Mind is not for rent
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2014, 12:39:30 PM »

Simple, I can see if I'm getting detonation and where it's happening (at what RPM and kPa), and if it's consistent.  I can then modify the timing curve if need be.  Once it finally warms up and I can finish tweaking it, I'll probably just take the thing off the bars, as there's no need for it.
The best you've had is the best you know.

Page created in 0.165 seconds with 21 queries.