Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New Fullsac 2.5 cores  (Read 1198 times)

+RO@D*R@GE+

• Full CVO Member
New Fullsac 2.5 cores
« on: May 14, 2014, 06:23:24 AM »

So I have the fullsac 2.25 SD cores but see that fullsac has done away with the SD's and went to 2.5 cores ....does anyone know if the 2.5's are louder then the 2.25 SD? and if I switched would I have to re map or the map I have will be fine.
would like to to know if the 2.5's are louder and deeper.
thanks for the help

also I noticed on the fullsac site ...they don't have the stage one / stage two setups anymore ...can't remember what cams were recommended for the stage 2.....I'm hoping steve from Fullsac can help. he's always posting on here LOL
thanks everyone
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 06:38:11 AM by +RO@D*R@GE+ »
Don't talk about it....Be about it!!!
2012 cvo road glide maple
Fullsac DX headers
CFR Mufflers
TTS tuner

YELLOWBIRD

• Elite CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2009 CVO ROADGLIDE
Re: New Fullsac 2.5 cores
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2014, 08:12:56 AM »

I had the 2.25" on my bike before they came out with the 2.25" SDs. As soon as Steve posted that he had the 2.5" Power Cores, I jumped on them.

At idle, they sound louder, cranking on the right hand, they are louder, at cruising speed they are louder.

I am very happy so far, and have only been through 3 tanks of gas so far. So I am sure within time like all the other CVO power cores, they will be even a bit louder!

My wife even notice that they were louder! She did mention a tad bit of "ear ringing" after our last ride. But that okay because I am keeping my 2.25" baffles and swapping them out for when we travel on vacation.

YB
2009 SCREAMIN' EAGLE CVO ROAD GLIDE FLTRSE3 117" PRO RACE
(1 OF ONLY 369 US) "LAST YEAR OF THE HAND BUILT"

+RO@D*R@GE+

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2014, 08:28:12 AM »

did you have to re map going to 2.5? I wouldn't think so but just checking....do you know if you lost any HP or torque going with that large a core? ....my 2.25 SD's are pretty loud wish I could here them both
Fullsac DX headers
CFR Mufflers
TTS tuner

YELLOWBIRD

• Elite CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2009 CVO ROADGLIDE
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2014, 08:38:58 AM »

Sorry forgot to respond to that. No remap needed. And no, my butt dyno feels the same.

Steve did mention that on smaller engine bikes like a 96" it would not work as well. But on bigger motors like a 110" and up, you wouldn't have any problems.

Also as for the Sleeper stage II kit, he recommends the Andrew 54H cams. I do have the Sleeper Stage II kit installed, and they do make a difference in sound and performance. I must admit they do the job pretty darn well!

Lotta great cams to choose from out there, if I didn't already have the Andrews cams sitting on my self waiting, i would have went with a Tman, GMR, or the KUR. 24 cam.

Good thing is, with your forum discount and even without their pretty darn inexpensive price wise for parts.

YB
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 08:46:10 AM by YELLOWBIRD »
2009 SCREAMIN' EAGLE CVO ROAD GLIDE FLTRSE3 117" PRO RACE
(1 OF ONLY 369 US) "LAST YEAR OF THE HAND BUILT"

Fullsac Performance

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Never ride with a Halfsac! Insist on Fullsac Perf!
    • AZ

• Fullsac Performance
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2014, 09:29:03 AM »

Yellowbirds info is the best so far. The 2.5 is the loudest yet. Very Deep rumble. But they will soften up the TQ below 3K. Depending on the rider it may go completely unnoticed as was the case with Killani, or you may notice it immediately if your used to rolling it on hard right from the start. Killani's bike still made 116 peak TQ, but it lost TQ everywhere below 3K. She still had the biggest smile on here face ever after her test ride. Its all about your riding style and how you stack your priorities. Sound is a biggie for a whole lot of Harley owners. Maybe I'm finally getting it? It's only taken me ten years to push my personal preferences aside and build what people have been wanting all along.
I must be a slow learner. :nixweiss: :nervous: :coolblue: :2vrolijk_21: :drummer:

Steve@fullsac.com
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 09:32:03 AM by Fullsac Performance »
Steve@fullsac.com  www.fullsac.com
Never argue with idiots. They will beat you with experience.

+RO@D*R@GE+

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2014, 10:46:04 AM »

so they are deeper and Louder then the SD's good to know...thanks for all the info....when I do the cams. I may switch out to the 2.5's
I saw on a early post that the Tmann cams give great torque numbers maybe going that route with the 2.5s may be the way to go
Fullsac DX headers
CFR Mufflers
TTS tuner

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 21 queries.