Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Fullsac questions  (Read 13897 times)

jaysails

Re: Fullsac questions
« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2014, 09:21:24 AM »

SBB
Sorry I didn't get back with you earlier.  Thanks so much for the offer.  Wish I was closer.
After a 3,500 mile ride with the Fullsac headpipe and stock mufflers, I decided I would change out the baffles. At first I wasn't sure if I wanted to go 1.75 or 2 inch, but after reading the above posts, I think I'll go with the 2 inch.
Be safe. jay

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #46 on: July 22, 2014, 09:50:03 AM »

SBB
Sorry I didn't get back with you earlier.  Thanks so much for the offer.  Wish I was closer.
After a 3,500 mile ride with the Fullsac headpipe and stock mufflers, I decided I would change out the baffles. At first I wasn't sure if I wanted to go 1.75 or 2 inch, but after reading the above posts, I think I'll go with the 2 inch.
Be safe. jay

Jay

Both my 110's use the 2" baffles.
I have installed probably 10 sets of 2's for other people and everyone has liked them.
If you were closer I would install for you.

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #47 on: July 22, 2014, 09:53:30 AM »

What advantage does Fullsac have over the V&H X-Pipe? Do I understand correctly that the cores mentioned in the different sizes go into the stock mufflers? Would the 2.0 sound much more than the stock system?

One last comment about sound. I am over the loud touring ideology. I like my CVO Fatbob nice and loud with the Propipe but all that glorious sound becomes annoying noise for me after a day or two. JMHO. BTW my hearing is already poor I can't afford to hear the wife any less. :D
This may be the most powerful answer ;D

+RO@D*R@GE+

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2014, 12:33:23 PM »

Yellowbird..I put the 2.5 cores in. Nice deep sound but not as loud as my SD 2.25's...the 2.25's are more aggressive and louder when you whack it. but I like the sound of the 2.5 nice  and deep better then Rineharts I think
if they ever come out with a 2.5 SD it would be the best sound ever you would have that deep sound with an aggressive sound when you whack it or full out .....better then any thing on the market for  a slip on ...... may compete with the CFR's!!!

« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 05:05:33 AM by +RO@D*R@GE+ »
Don't talk about it....Be about it!!!
2012 cvo road glide maple
Fullsac DX headers
CFR Mufflers
TTS tuner

YELLOWBIRD

• Elite CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2009 CVO ROADGLIDE
« Reply #49 on: July 30, 2014, 07:54:14 AM »

Yellowbird..I put the 2.5 cores in. Nice deep sound but not as loud as my SD 2.25's...the 2.25's are more aggressive and louder when you whack it. but I like the sound of the 2.5 nice  and deep better then Rineharts I think
if they ever come out with a 2.5 SD it would be the best sound ever you would have that deep sound with an aggressive sound when you whack it or full out .....better then any thing on the market for  a slip on ...... may compete with the CFR's!!!

:2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

YB
2009 SCREAMIN' EAGLE CVO ROAD GLIDE FLTRSE3 117" PRO RACE
(1 OF ONLY 369 US) "LAST YEAR OF THE HAND BUILT"

jaysails

« Reply #50 on: August 02, 2014, 11:35:42 PM »

SBB
Question for you. Got the 2" baffles, and finally got the right side stock baffle out (with a dremmel, and a hastle). Anyway, there was basically no packing around the stock muffler.  Just maybe a couple of inches around the front. Kind of looked like it had just disintegrated.  Just wondered if you usually put the packing in, or if you have had this happen before.  Haven't started on the other muffler yet.  Thinking maybe I should order some stuffing from Full Sac?  thanks-jay

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #51 on: August 03, 2014, 10:50:03 AM »

SBB
Question for you. Got the 2" baffles, and finally got the right side stock baffle out (with a dremmel, and a hastle). Anyway, there was basically no packing around the stock muffler.  Just maybe a couple of inches around the front. Kind of looked like it had just disintegrated.  Just wondered if you usually put the packing in, or if you have had this happen before.  Haven't started on the other muffler yet.  Thinking maybe I should order some stuffing from Full Sac?  thanks-jay

Jay

Most of the bikes I install baffles in are typically low mileage bikes. They range from 10 miles to 5,000.
I'm not sure why there was no or very little packing on yours with 3400 miles on it

Also have the blue, and 3,400 miles trouble free.

Check out this thread for some good information,
http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=88064.msg1171981#msg1171981

Also check out this link to the screens,
http://fullsac.com/product/2006-2014-cvo-power-core/

To answer your question most of the baffles I install I install without the packing.
Unfortunately I just threw away maybe 10 blankets of insulation I took out of stock pipes.
I'm sure Steve can help you, he's that kind of guy!

Also, read this thread,
http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=79401.0
If you have the time to wait there is no substitute for having the right tools to get the job done.
Good luck in getting it done.

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Classic Beast

• Elite CVO Member
    • BC

• Bob McImages
« Reply #52 on: August 15, 2014, 05:27:28 AM »

does anyone know how the fullsac would compare to the RB racing black hole 2-1 I have one of those pipes on my 127 with the 2" primary's it seems to be a great pipe nice sound, good increase in power, they also make a Black hole with 1 3/4" primary's for smaller motors which I am thinking of getting for the Road Glide or would the fullsac be better?
2012 Road glide ultra 103
DD7 Baker, S&S 570, Fulsac DX, 2"
SE CNC heads 58mm throttle body
95 FLSTN
127" Ultima
DD6 Baker
3 X PM 6 piston calipers
S&S Clutch
Lindal Ceramic discs
RB Black Hole pipe
Thunderstar mags
6 gal tanks
Custom Chrome front end
Rear chain drive
150WW Avon Venom rear tire
2009 Cadillac CTS-V

wachuko

• Dr. Pending Projects
  • Elite CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2014 Road King CVO in Tribal Orange and Galatic Black - Gone
    • CVO2: 2012 Road Glide Custom CVO in Candy Cobalt-Twilight Blue - Gone
« Reply #53 on: September 02, 2014, 02:02:38 PM »

Glad that I came across this thread... I had done the 2" cores in my RGC and was trying to decide if I do 2 or 2.25 on the RK.  Looks like I wil go with the 2" cores again but get the screens this time, to hold the packing material in place.

I kept the FuelMoto ceramic coated headpipe, so that will go in as well... I need to order the license for my PV as well...

:2vrolijk_21:
Ride Safe!
Wachuko

2016 Softail Slim S
2014 Road King CVO in Tribal Orange and Galatic Black with Aztec Shadow graphics. Gone!

wachuko

• Dr. Pending Projects
  • Elite CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2014 Road King CVO in Tribal Orange and Galatic Black - Gone
    • CVO2: 2012 Road Glide Custom CVO in Candy Cobalt-Twilight Blue - Gone
« Reply #54 on: September 08, 2014, 03:15:55 PM »

Order finally placed...  :orange:
Ride Safe!
Wachuko

2016 Softail Slim S
2014 Road King CVO in Tribal Orange and Galatic Black with Aztec Shadow graphics. Gone!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 21 queries.