Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 229

Author Topic: CVO Pets  (Read 379912 times)

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
Re: CVO Pets
« Reply #495 on: November 18, 2007, 06:54:57 AM »

That's a fine looking Rooster. :2vrolijk_21:

Agreed, a fine lookin cock bird  :banana:

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #496 on: November 18, 2007, 07:18:47 AM »

...Please keep my boy in your thoughts and prayers as he has surgery on 27 November to excise this cancer....
Will do Henry.  We had our poor Dezeri operated on in 2003 - 28 places where they removed lumps - the big one was on the wind pipe, had to be scraped to get the nasty off of it.  That surgery was extensive, but she was up in a few hours begging to come back home.  I took 15 days off work to be with her as she recuperated.  She never wanted to be far from us either.  That event, that could have been the put her to sleep event, gave her another four great years. 

I know that now there is such a thing as pet insurance, we'd never heard of it before this event.  Do you have this for your pets?

REGGAB

« Reply #497 on: November 18, 2007, 07:25:45 AM »

Will do Henry.  We had our poor Dezeri operated on in 2003 - 28 places where they removed lumps - the big one was on the wind pipe, had to be scraped to get the nasty off of it.  That surgery was extensive, but she was up in a few hours begging to come back home.  I took 15 days off work to be with her as she recuperated.  She never wanted to be far from us either.  That event, that could have been the put her to sleep event, gave her another four great years. 

I know that now there is such a thing as pet insurance, we'd never heard of it before this event.  Do you have this for your pets?

We do on Springer.  Got it for him the day he came to us.  Tried to get it for Annie Bea, but she had already been through one bout, so is not insurable.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #498 on: November 18, 2007, 07:52:58 AM »

Henry...I will keep Springer in my thoughts as he gets this taken care of and recovers.  If you need anything, just let me know.  Terry
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

REGGAB

« Reply #499 on: November 18, 2007, 08:09:43 AM »

Henry...I will keep Springer in my thoughts as he gets this taken care of and recovers.  If you need anything, just let me know.  Terry

Thanks, Terry.   :2vrolijk_21:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #500 on: November 18, 2007, 11:52:33 AM »

Sorry to read of Springer's problem Henry.  All my best wishes for effective treatment and a happy dog. 

What you wrote jives with what a buddy once told me.  He's a vet here and one evening started this litany of what was most common for different types of animals.  Don't remember any of it until the end.  He said something that "and with Boxers, even if they just have a runny nose, you assume cancer until proven otherwise, it's part of the breed."

Got to be a little scary with those dogs knowing it is so likely.  Good luck Springer :2vrolijk_21: .

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #501 on: November 18, 2007, 12:34:16 PM »

Well, since little Nell is gone now, and both us and my Greyhound, Shug, are missing her presence in the house so terribly, I decided to begin a search for a new household buddy.  I have had two or three dogs around for the last 20+ years...the dogs seem happier with others of their kind, or like Don, another household pet, even if different species.  They are social animals, after all, just like us.

Sooooo, in my search, I found this little guy, and knew it was meant to be when I saw his face and name.  His name is Rider... :2vrolijk_21:....Redhawk Midnight Rider to be exact.  One of my favorite songs by The Allman Brothers is Midnight Rider.  He's five months old, so not an itty bitty baby, had all shots, microchipped, and from genetically tested champion parents.  The Australian Terrier is not a common breed here in the states, so the only reliable sources are breeders who show their dogs and have limited breeding.  Usually, there is a waiting list one has to get on before pups are even born.  They are not inexpensive pups for that reason.  A great breed though, with a fiesty, sturdy temperment...not frufru dogs at all, and are serious vermin killers.  Squirrels, snakes...any small animal is not safe with one of these guys around, unless it is a part of your family.

So I just had to get him...he is from Wyoming, and will be shipped from Denver on November 30th, arriving in Atlanta less than 3 hours later on a direct flight in a conditioned/pressurized cargo area on Frontier Airlines.  We are really excited about the new addition, and Shug will have somebody to look after and stop looking around the house for Nell.

Here's a pic of Rider....

TTS Mastertune

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #502 on: November 18, 2007, 12:39:31 PM »

Congrats Terry on finding a new "baby" for the house.  You're like us, we have to have two or three cats in the house all the time...they do keep each other company while we're away.
Cheers :2vrolijk_21:,
  :devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #503 on: November 18, 2007, 12:39:57 PM »

....and, so that I will have two nice dogs to carry me well into retirement, I got his littermate and baby sister.  Her name is Tango...full name is Redhawk Tiny Dancer, aka: Tango.  They are big buddies, seek each other out to play and sleep, and have been best buds since they were old enough to walk around on their own.  This pic was taken a few weeks ago, so she's grown a bit since then, but is a female, so smaller, and slightly smaller in bone structure, like most female dogs.

By the way...both will be neutered/spayed prior to 9 months age.  The breeders insist on this for their non show pups...you have to sign a contract and have this done before they will give you the AKC papers for registration.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2007, 12:47:50 PM by TCnBham »

TTS Mastertune

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #504 on: November 18, 2007, 12:42:40 PM »

This is a pic of their Dad, Marty.  He is from the same bloodline as Sunny, the Aussie I lost over 5 years ago...yet another connection in this relationship.  He lives in California.

TTS Mastertune

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #505 on: November 18, 2007, 12:45:33 PM »

TC, just looking at Rider's picture.  That face.  Those eyes.  That pup is going to be feisty :2vrolijk_21:

Can just see in his eyes he's already thinking "hmmm, wonder what sleeping Greyhound rear end tastes like?"

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #506 on: November 18, 2007, 12:52:16 PM »

TC, just looking at Rider's picture.  That face.  Those eyes.  That pup is going to be feisty :2vrolijk_21:

Can just see in his eyes he's already thinking "hmmm, wonder what sleeping Greyhound rear end tastes like?"

Yep, Shug is going to have his hands full with these two running around under his legs...he's got such a sweet nature though, I don't anticipate any problems, once the pecking order is established.

Sunny had that exact same face, and he was all Terrier...scared of nothing, and always "ready to go".  Rider looks like he's going to be fearless too...they are tough little dogs.

TTS Mastertune

REGGAB

« Reply #507 on: November 18, 2007, 02:28:56 PM »

Sorry to read of Springer's problem Henry.  All my best wishes for effective treatment and a happy dog. 

What you wrote jives with what a buddy once told me.  He's a vet here and one evening started this litany of what was most common for different types of animals.  Don't remember any of it until the end.  He said something that "and with Boxers, even if they just have a runny nose, you assume cancer until proven otherwise, it's part of the breed."

Got to be a little scary with those dogs knowing it is so likely.  Good luck Springer :2vrolijk_21: .

Thanks, Don.  Would love for you to meet Springer.  He is a fantastic Boxer.........a real prince!

Sooooooooooooooooooooo........everything else I've written doesn't jive?   :huepfenlol2:  Don, Renea and I have had at least two Boxers throughout our entire marriage, and I had at least one before.  In veterinary circles here in the southeast, Boxers are referred to as "tumor factories."  Everything from the benign hystiocytoma to the most malignant form of cancer.  Add to the cancers, Boxers have problems with hip dysplasia, cardiomyopathy, and spondylosis.  Annie Bea has that.  So, "Ever Vigilant" are the Boxer Parent's watchwords.

It is scary, Don, but for us.........Boxers fit.  There is no other animal that "does it" for us.  Renea and I believe "Boxers are Boxers; not Dogs."  So, as with any animal, adoption is a surefire setup for impending heartache.  And it does hurt when they leave us............but the time from their arrival to departure is so priceless........and very much a gift.  We love 'em.

Thanks again.

REGGAB

« Reply #508 on: November 18, 2007, 02:30:31 PM »

Yep, Shug is going to have his hands full with these two running around under his legs...he's got such a sweet nature though, I don't anticipate any problems, once the pecking order is established.

Sunny had that exact same face, and he was all Terrier...scared of nothing, and always "ready to go".  Rider looks like he's going to be fearless too...they are tough little dogs.

Awesome, Terry!!  Congratulations!  I'm certain Rider and Tango will jump right in and rule the roost.  We're so happy for you guys.  Best Blessings.

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #509 on: November 18, 2007, 03:39:00 PM »

...A great breed though, with a fiesty, sturdy temperment...not frufru dogs at all, and are serious vermin killers.  Squirrels, snakes...any small animal is not safe with one of these guys around, unless it is a part of your family....Here's a pic of Rider....

Now that is a face you just gotta love. 

Congrats on finding a roomate for Shug.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 229

Page created in 0.187 seconds with 22 queries.