Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 229

Author Topic: CVO Pets  (Read 382805 times)

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
Re: CVO Pets
« Reply #540 on: November 28, 2007, 09:39:43 AM »

Henry,

I misseed this earlier. Glad to here your pal is doing good. I gre up with Boxers and agree they are some of the best dogs to have. We've since moved to reduced-maintenance felines, but would love to get another Boxer someday.

Best of luck to Springer.

Did someone say ribs?

:indian_chief:

Spoiled!

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #541 on: November 28, 2007, 09:43:41 AM »

Kathy, I spoke with my vet he has had this most of his life but he most of the time gets better quick with the pills the give him not working yet but he is eating baby food now and drinking more I think he may turn it around I just don't want to put him through the tube feeding and IV"S they would like to do they leave them alone at night I just can't do that. I know this might not make any since to some but I treat him like I would want to be treated he is comfortable and not crying and he seems to be eating so for now I will just keep him home.

Helen

Well it sounds like he is getting the best care he can get - home with Mommy!  As long as he is eating something, I wouldn't want to put him through IVs and feeding tubes either - yuck!

I may have to break down and take one of my cats to the vet. She keeps pulling her hair out on the back end. I know it is allergies of some kind but I don't know from what. I've changed the cat food to Duck and Pea and she will only eat that if I mix in some canned food. I am mixing it with beef canned food -  no chicken. I've taken away the milk too - she really hates that. This has been going on for a while now. I've taken her to the vet before for it but they just gave her a shot that stopped her from being itchy for about 2 weeks - they said it was an allergy to something too. I read that most allergies in cats comes from food and to feed them something other than the normal stuff so I found this Duck/Pea mixture.

JesterDecor

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #542 on: November 28, 2007, 09:46:22 AM »

Thanks, Cheri.  That little guy ROCKS!  All Boxers are fantastic, but Springer is right up there with his sister.............who happens to be the very Best Boxer in the world, by the way.  Duly Loved.   :2vrolijk_21:

They are AWESOME dogs and thank you so much for sharing them. I tend to have puppy withdrawals from my babies on a road trip ya know!

I knew they had the best home ever when I offered to trade the bike for the dogs and got a resounding NO WAY from all of ya!  :P

Ken had all kinda possible scenarios for rides on our way back to the Clinton Inn! (is that kinda like sugar plums dancing in your head at Christmas??)  :huepfenlol2:

You have a great home and family. Yeah, the garage ain't too shabby either (do you know how much pressure I'm getting from Ken to have our garage be more like Henry's garage now??)  :nixweiss:

I STILL ain't gonna shine the g/fs' (yes, that IS plural now) chrome. PPPFFFTTTTTT!!
I like shiny stuff!

Spoiled!

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #543 on: November 28, 2007, 09:47:47 AM »

Henry,

I'm glad to hear that Springer is doing well after the surgery. We are thinking about you guys. He is one beautiful pup that is for sure!!

I had no idea that boxers are prone to cancer.

Kathy

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #544 on: November 28, 2007, 10:30:36 AM »

Hi Suzanne, Thanks so much.  He's doing very well this morning.  He ate his breakfast and went outside to make sure all is right in his world, then came back in.  Annie Bea is like a mother hen...........always checking on him.  He's still kindy loopy, but is getting his bounce back.  No limping.  I imagine that wound is gonna start itching, and that's when the lampshade will go on whether he likes it or not.

Best wishes to Springer and you guys for his full recovery.

As I have  said before we're on our 5th boxer now with Harley and Annie is getting up in years (10.5).

We too have had our share of breed issues and dealt with cancer in the older dogs.  Let's pray Springer beats it this round.

We have neighbors at the new joint that have 2 boxers as well, I need to get a pic of the four of them but we went for a walk this past weekend and got the dogs acquainted.  It doesn't take boxers too long to be friends, kind of luck CVOers that way :bananarock:

REGGAB

« Reply #545 on: November 28, 2007, 10:38:57 AM »

Henry,

I misseed this earlier. Glad to here your pal is doing good. I gre up with Boxers and agree they are some of the best dogs to have. We've since moved to reduced-maintenance felines, but would love to get another Boxer someday.

Best of luck to Springer.

Did someone say ribs?

:indian_chief:

Thanks, Chuck.  He's outside sprawled on the back porch soaking up the sun right now.

Yeah man!  Ribs!  Goooooooood!   :2vrolijk_21:

REGGAB

« Reply #546 on: November 28, 2007, 10:42:52 AM »

They are AWESOME dogs and thank you so much for sharing them. I tend to have puppy withdrawals from my babies on a road trip ya know!

I knew they had the best home ever when I offered to trade the bike for the dogs and got a resounding NO WAY from all of ya!  :P

Ken had all kinda possible scenarios for rides on our way back to the Clinton Inn! (is that kinda like sugar plums dancing in your head at Christmas??)  :huepfenlol2:

You have a great home and family. Yeah, the garage ain't too shabby either (do you know how much pressure I'm getting from Ken to have our garage be more like Henry's garage now??)  :nixweiss:

I STILL ain't gonna shine the g/fs' (yes, that IS plural now) chrome. PPPFFFTTTTTT!!

Now I'm blushing.  Thanks!!!!!!!  Those pupz are pretty special.  I can't imagine not having them.  And as for your garage, Cheri............Ken has to make it that way.  The garage and my study are the only two spots in my house that a truly mine, so I keep 'em the way I want.  Well...........I 'spose you could help him.   ;D  Nah.............let him do it.   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

REGGAB

« Reply #547 on: November 28, 2007, 10:50:43 AM »

Henry,

I'm glad to hear that Springer is doing well after the surgery. We are thinking about you guys. He is one beautiful pup that is for sure!!

I had no idea that boxers are prone to cancer.

Kathy

Hi Kathy.  Thank you so much.  Springer is quite the gentleman.  Yep, Boxers are tumor factories.  The Boxer parent is constantly looking for whatever may happen when it comes to cancer.  The two we have now and our dearly departed Sassy Girl have all had some form of cancer.  Sassy had a slew of hystiocytomas excised, and cancer eventually killed her just before her eigth birthday.  Annie Bea has had a few hystios, two mass cells and two carcinomas removed.  3 years ago this month a veterinary oncologist at Auburn gave her no more than six months...................wait, she just flew around the yard at light speed.  Not bad for a 9.5 year old who has survived cancer within close proximity to her lymph system, who has arthritis, and who is very sensitive to what she eats.  Lotsa love and vigilant care, but they return everything.........................tenfold and better.

REGGAB

« Reply #548 on: November 28, 2007, 10:51:55 AM »

Best wishes to Springer and you guys for his full recovery.

As I have  said before we're on our 5th boxer now with Harley and Annie is getting up in years (10.5).

We too have had our share of breed issues and dealt with cancer in the older dogs.  Let's pray Springer beats it this round.

We have neighbors at the new joint that have 2 boxers as well, I need to get a pic of the four of them but we went for a walk this past weekend and got the dogs acquainted.  It doesn't take boxers too long to be friends, kind of luck CVOers that way :bananarock:

Thanks Roger.  You're a Boxer parent.  You know the deal.  They're VERY special creatures.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #549 on: November 28, 2007, 10:57:01 AM »

Thanks Roger.  You're a Boxer parent.  You know the deal.  They're VERY special creatures.

Very true, not many dogs are more people oriented than a boxer.

REGGAB

« Reply #550 on: November 28, 2007, 11:23:19 AM »

Get this thing OFF OF ME RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!

He HATES it, but there's not much we can do about that.  Without it, he'll worry over his incision, possibility rip out the stitches..........and nothing good will come from that.  He hates wearing it, pants, trembles, paws at it, it gets caught on everything, and when it does he wigs out.  I could just stay home until he heals...........but that isn't feasable.  It is likely he'll spend the next few working days in daycare, since this lampshade thing is breaking my heart..........

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #551 on: November 28, 2007, 11:26:33 AM »

Henry, why does the wound site have to stay exposed?  Could it be wrapped instead? 

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #552 on: November 28, 2007, 11:27:58 AM »

Get this thing OFF OF ME RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!

Those things never worked with either of mine that have had it.  When Annie had acl surgery she had big stitches too and we ultimately wrapped it in some gauze and taped it.  She left that alone much better and then we just kept it out to air when home.  Worked out fine.

REGGAB

« Reply #553 on: November 28, 2007, 11:32:50 AM »

Henry, why does the wound site have to stay exposed?  Could it be wrapped instead? 

Vet gave him back to us like that.  He says Springer will remove the bandage............and he will.  He isn't doing anything other than licking the wound site..........right now..............but I fear he may gnaw the stitches out, and the wound is about two inches long due to the very wide margins, which were taken during the tumor excision.  The wound isn't draining, and looks really good.  Need to keep it that way.  Never mind the mess.  I can clean that up.  It's the possible blood loss, infection....................................................don't want to think about it.  Boxer daycare for the rest of the week for Mr. Springer.

JesterDecor

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #554 on: November 28, 2007, 11:33:42 AM »

The garage and my study are the only two spots in my house that a truly mine, so I keep 'em the way I want.  Well...........I 'spose you could help him.   ;D  Nah.............let him do it.   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Well, I suppose I should be honored he "let's" me park my SUV in "his" garage then??  :huepfenlol2:

Help him?? He's fixing to put an intercom system in there since he spends so much time out there. He asked if I knew the one more thing he needed. (minds out of the gutter people) as he was lovingly admiring the "g/fs", ONE more bike. I said...uuhhh... a divorce??  :P  :huepfenlol2: I think he's about as rurnt as yer boxers Henry!!
I like shiny stuff!
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 229

Page created in 0.191 seconds with 22 queries.