Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 229

Author Topic: CVO Pets  (Read 383094 times)

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
Re: CVO Pets
« Reply #570 on: November 28, 2007, 03:36:24 PM »

When I die, I wanna be re-incarnated as JesterDecor's dog.
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #571 on: November 28, 2007, 03:40:04 PM »

Yea, the three rotties are mine, my sons, and one of his friends, all from the same litter, the one with the wife is my older daughters, named Talon. we have had Rotties since 1981. We also have two scotties! So I have three dogs in my house. Whats That old redneck joke, if there are more dogs in your house than people your a redneck!

Scotties and Rotties! I like that! :2vrolijk_21: ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #572 on: November 28, 2007, 05:09:17 PM »

Yea, the three rotties are mine, my sons, and one of his friends, all from the same litter, the one with the wife is my older daughters, named Talon. we have had Rotties since 1981. We also have two scotties! So I have three dogs in my house. Whats That old redneck joke, if there are more dogs in your house than people your a redneck!

One of those Scotties has got to be female?  Male Terriers don't typically do well with another male Terrier.  Very nice dogs...all of them!!
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Spoiled!

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #573 on: November 28, 2007, 08:02:31 PM »

Man, I can hardly handle the one dog we have and she's 13+ yrs old, no way could I do three. They are all beautiful dogs though. You all should be very proud parents.

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #574 on: November 28, 2007, 09:31:14 PM »

One of those Scotties has got to be female?  Male Terriers don't typically do well with another male Terrier.  Very nice dogs...all of them!!

The terriers rule the house. When the other dogs are over the chase the others around, and steal all their toys. Thia was a toy horse that was on the grandkids swing that broke, I took it off and the dogs thought it was a toy!

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #575 on: November 28, 2007, 09:42:18 PM »

Man, I can hardly handle the one dog we have and she's 13+ yrs old, no way could I do three. They are all beautiful dogs though. You all should be very proud parents.

Not sure about three, yes I am NOT.

But two are easier than one, I do know that.  They take care of a lot of the energy from each other and burn it off playing and sleeping.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2007, 12:07:14 AM by Rjob749 »

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #576 on: November 29, 2007, 07:28:42 PM »

Hey BAGGER backwards, how's the pooch?  :nixweiss:

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #577 on: November 29, 2007, 07:33:08 PM »

When I die, I wanna be re-incarnated as JesterDecor's dog.
:huepfenlol2: you all ready are, you just dont know it.  :huepfenlol2:
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

REGGAB

« Reply #578 on: November 29, 2007, 07:49:36 PM »

Hey BAGGER backwards, how's the pooch?  :nixweiss:

Springer is doing great.  Dropped him off at Boxer daycare this morning.  Whenever we board the Boxers, we take them to a vet in south Huntsville.  Their boarding facilities are so nice............and quiet, without all that barking one usually experiences.  They have themed suites, and Annie Bea and Springer really like it there.  We'd like to do all their vet care at that place..............and we may yet go that route, but it is quite a long way (20 miles) from our home.  Fortunately it's close to Redstone Arsenal.  Anyway, the vet tech mentioned that Springer tried to pay too much attention to his incision, so they put a bandage on it, and he left it alone.  Still, it eased my mind knowing someone was looking after him, which made work alot more tolerable.  He's at home right now.  He's in my study with me.  He'll go back to daycare tomorrow, and we might put him in daycare next week until his stitches come out.  He's getting his bounce back.  Thanks for asking.

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #579 on: November 29, 2007, 08:01:15 PM »

Springer is doing great.  Dropped him off at Boxer daycare this morning.  Whenever we board the Boxers, we take them to a vet in south Huntsville.  Their boarding facilities are so nice............and quiet, without all that barking one usually experiences.  They have themed suites, and Annie Bea and Springer really like it there.  We'd like to do all their vet care at that place..............and we may yet go that route, but it is quite a long way (20 miles) from our home.  Fortunately it's close to Redstone Arsenal.  Anyway, the vet tech mentioned that Springer tried to pay too much attention to his incision, so they put a bandage on it, and he left it alone.  Still, it eased my mind knowing someone was looking after him, which made work alot more tolerable.  He's at home right now.  He's in my study with me.  He'll go back to daycare tomorrow, and we might put him in daycare next week until his stitches come out.  He's getting his bounce back.  Thanks for asking.
Your welcome, got a soft spot for man's best friend. If you have your vets clearance, try to exploit his need to be curious a little more while he's healing!! Thier sniffer records an immeasurable amount of data that can be very distracting. Good Luck!!!

UglyJohn

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #580 on: November 30, 2007, 06:21:16 PM »

Ok, here's my two weird pets. I've got two cats, but one is eating dinner and this cat named Spice, is catching a nap with his favorite lab, Ebony. By the way the cat is 32lbs plus and takes $hit from no dog in the neighborhood. Several have found out the hard way.  :huepfenlol2:
Ugly John
« Last Edit: November 30, 2007, 06:24:44 PM by UglyJohn »
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #581 on: December 01, 2007, 12:55:40 AM »

You guys say a little doggie prayer for my buddy Shug (my Greyhound)... :'( :'(  This all started back just before MV...one night he lost control/balance of the rear of his body, and was falling into stuff for an hour or so.  Took him to the vet the next day, and couldn't find anything wrong with him other than his ears were a little dirty, so gave him antibiotics for that.  He then got diarrhea, so back to the vet...said the meds might have caused the problem, so put him on a bland diet, with some more meds aimed at his intestinal tract.  Didn't help.  Went back, and found he had whipworms and hookworms, so medicated him for that.  He got to feeling a little better, then relapsed, so another round of meds for the worms.  It's now just before the North Georgia trip, during which Nell (my 11 year old Aussie) had a seizure, went into a near diabetic coma (she was on insulin twice a day), found a tumor, and had to put her down.  Many tears shed, and Shug was very upset over all of that...still had diarrhea.  Still eating well and drinking water.  Back to the vet for some more meds, holistic intestinal tract treatment.  Did not work.  Meanwhile, he's losing weight and getting depressed...you can see it in his eyes.  So, since my niece works for a large group of vets here, took him there Tuesday.  Still had the whipworms...must have gotten reinfected with the eggs somehow...so another round of meds and more bland I/D canned food.  He's down from 90 lbs to 70 at this point, and is showing signs of dehydration...stops eating.  Gave him a subcutaneous injection of fluids.  I tried everything...his favorite treats, three kinds of food.  Keep in mind, this is a dog who would nearly knock you down for his breakfast and supper every day.  I even cooked him some chicken breasts and white rice...he ate a small handfull of chicken, and only if I fed it to him by hand.

Meanwhile, I've made arrangements (back a couple of weeks ago) to get the two puppies...to have them for us, but also to get Shug some company again, as it was obvious part of the problem was him losing his little buddy, Nell.  This morning, I took Shug back to the new vet, desperate for them to get his fluids back up and force feed him, if necessary, while doing more tests to see what is causing the as yet unchecked intestinal problems.  He got IV fluids all day, and I thought it best to leave him at the vet, since the new pups have arrived. I've scrubbed the porch/deck with Lysol, washed all bedding, toys, cleaned carpets...everything but nuke the backyard.  More extensive blood work is being conducted to see if his pancreas is functioning properly (initial tests proved that it was), getting his fluids back up, and feeding him whatever he will eat.  More fluids tomorrow, and hopefully some better news by tomorrow afternoon.  He lost 7 more pounds since Tuesday!!  I'm afraid I'm going to lose him to whatever the f#@K has gotten hold of his gut.  These vets are some of the best in B'ham (including my old vet of 20 years), and they are stumped. Can only treat the symtoms, you know. Next step if the blood comes back negative (no bacterial infection, and pancreas/liver functions seem normal...protein is low, but what do you expect?), is sonar to see if there's anything in there.  My gut feeling is that his system is so screwed up at this point, he's lost all the good bacteria that's supposed to be there...vets are taking radical steps to slow his digestive tract down, as everything is just running through him like a dose of salts.  Poor guy...it's killing me.  I've been up at least two times every night with him for the past three weeks, so I'm lacking sleep myself, but he has to go during the middle of the night, and all I can do is listen to what's going on out in the yard when he goes to the bathroom, and it ain't a good sound.

My niece spent some time with Shug this afternoon, and assures me they are doing everything possible...there are six vets at this clinic, so lots of expertise to draw on.

So, ya'll wish me luck, and pull for Shug to make it through this and get his strength back so he can bond with the new members of the family.  I have been assured by the vets that whatever it is, there is no danger of the pups catching it (not viral), unless they get the whips from the yard.  Leaves have covered most of the areas Shug uses, so hopefully that won't happen.

On a bright note, the new Aussies are awesome!!  Wide ass open, and beautiful puppies of 5 months.  Littermates, and Tango (the female) will probably end up a show dog...that's another story though.  Rider, the male (soon to be neutered), reminds me so much of my first Aussie, Sundancer (Sunny), he's got to be the reincarnate.  There's a lot of common ancestry, so he's got Sunny's sweet but tough as a pine knot, spirit.  And Tango, the female, takes no chit from Rider...she's a fiesty little girl.  Pictures will follow this weekend sometime...

TTS Mastertune

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #582 on: December 01, 2007, 01:05:50 AM »

Crap.  Hate reading all that is happening with poor Shug.  Feeling bad that long and still no firm handle on what it is or getting it better.  TC, hope this latest session at the vets helps him turn the corner back toward wellness.  There's not much that looks sadder than face of a friendly dog that feels bad.  They don't understand what's going on and why we can't make it better.  Always makes me sad. 

Good luck with Shug at the vets.  Write more after he comes home this weekend.  Get a little rest yourself.

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #583 on: December 01, 2007, 01:12:53 AM »

Crap.  Hate reading all that is happening with poor Shug.  Feeling bad that long and still no firm handle on what it is or getting it better.  TC, hope this latest session at the vets helps him turn the corner back toward wellness.  There's not much that looks sadder than face of a friendly dog that feels bad.  They don't understand what's going on and why we can't make it better.  Always makes me sad. 

Good luck with Shug at the vets.  Write more after he comes home this weekend.  Get a little rest yourself.

Thanks, Don...you met Shug, so you know the light in his eyes, and throughout all of this, he's not lost that until this latest slide back.  Sticks to me like glue since Nell left us though, so that is part of it.  There's a lot more going on upstairs in these guys than a lot of people give them credit for.  Main thing now is to get him hydrated and get as many calories in him as quickly as possible.  Will update as the weekend progresses.

TTS Mastertune

Tbone

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2009 FLTRSE3
    • CVO3: 2013 FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #584 on: December 01, 2007, 05:35:36 AM »

Terry, sorry to hear about Shug, I hadn't realized he'd been sick too.  I hope everything's ok with him and he'll feel better soon.  He'll need to be at his best with the new kids around!  ;D  Looking forward to seeing the pics of the new kids.

Bob
2014 FLHTKSE Stardust Silver/Autumn Sunset
2013 FLHTCUSE8 Anniversary
2009 FLTRSE3 Orange/Black
2008 FLHTCUSE3 Anniversary
2003 FLHRCI Silver/Black
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 229

Page created in 0.204 seconds with 22 queries.