Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 229

Author Topic: CVO Pets  (Read 379877 times)

Spoiled!

• Elite CVO Member
Re: CVO Pets
« Reply #615 on: December 03, 2007, 04:45:11 PM »

Got to go see Shug this afternoon...they have an IV taped to his leg to give him the fluids, so he had a clear lamp shade on to keep from licking that.  He was glad to see me, and I got to take him out to their play area outside and spend a little time with him.  He is feeling much better!!  Got a little sparkle in his eyes, is almost fully hydrated, they gave him 1/2 can of food yesterday which he gobbled down, had a bit easier time with it coming out the other end yesterday.  Ate this morning, and not gone again as of 4 PM, which is a good sign that things have slowed down in his digestion a bit.  They are feeding small quatities to ensure he keeps it down.  He ate while I was there, and did so like he used to, so things are looking better.  Waiting on the blood work to come back from Texas, and he's not back yet, so he's going to spend a couple of more days there.  He was much more perky today though, so things are looking up...hope he can process the little bit of calories he's getting now.

Great news!! 

Spoiled!

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #616 on: December 03, 2007, 04:50:22 PM »

Boy, I wish that I was responsible enough to have a CVO Dog. But alas-----------I am not.
I do however have a CVO CAT. Purebred Black Cat. And his name is Red. Check him ou he is one Badass.
Bud

He's a beauty! Dogs are too much like children, I've learned that the hard way.

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #617 on: December 03, 2007, 05:58:07 PM »

Harley and Annie's Great Adventure

As many of you know I built a house in the mountains and have been spending weekends there.

On Saturday we decided to run to town (5 miles) for some shopping and to pick up my venison from the butcher.

We left the dogs in their kennel area (laundry room slash dog run) and off we went.  The truck was outside the garage we piled in and off we went.  We spent a couple of hours running the errands and then returned to the house.

It had been snowing all day and we got a few inches while we were gone.

Nearing the house Cindy specualted that the dogs would be in the house at large or the garage since we have lever handled doors and "Harley" the smart SOB is a master escape artist.  We chuckled about it until we hit the driveway and saw the garage door was left open on our departure. 

Yep, no dogs, Harley and Annie were on the lamb.  Crap, the chinese fire drill commeced.  Check the house in case they were there, NOT.  OK start tracking, pretty easy in the snow, I followed the meanderings of the two dogs all over the property but they always returned to the perimeter of the house.  I worked my way around it eventually surmising they must have gone down the driveway.

Imagine our panic (bad dog parents) thining of the two convicts escaped into the winter cold of 20 degrees, unfamiliar with the surroundings, hungry coyotes prowling the night woods, oh yeah, Cindy had all the scenarios going through her head.

In the meantime we have called security, the clubhouse, the neighbors across the fairway who have two boxers along with constantly calling the dogs anmes and whistling.

After what seemed like an etenity (15 minutes) we decided to mount up and hit the roads calling and driving to look for them.  Cindy needed to go in and get her cell phone.

She entered through the open garage door to be greeted by Annie coming out of the house.  I saw her and went to the door and called for Harley, sure enough here he came.

About that time my phone rang and it was security calling to say they saw the dogs in our driveway.  Wow, that was pretty good, they were out driving around looking for the dogs and in fact when we heard from the neighbor across the fairway, security had been there to tell them about the missing pair of convicts.

A happy ending to and adventurous day for the two boxers.  Needless to say, they had such an exciting time when I got up this morning nearly 72 hours later they were still snoozing and had little interest in food or water.

No telling how long they were out there, but it must have been awhile.

« Last Edit: December 03, 2007, 06:00:07 PM by Rjob749 »

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #618 on: December 03, 2007, 06:22:20 PM »

Harley and Annie's Great Adventure

As many of you know I built a house in the mountains and have been spending weekends there.

On Saturday we decided to run to town (5 miles) for some shopping and to pick up my venison from the butcher.

We left the dogs in their kennel area (laundry room slash dog run) and off we went.  The truck was outside the garage we piled in and off we went.  We spent a couple of hours running the errands and then returned to the house.

It had been snowing all day and we got a few inches while we were gone.

Nearing the house Cindy specualted that the dogs would be in the house at large or the garage since we have lever handled doors and "Harley" the smart SOB is a master escape artist.  We chuckled about it until we hit the driveway and saw the garage door was left open on our departure. 

Yep, no dogs, Harley and Annie were on the lamb.  Crap, the chinese fire drill commeced.  Check the house in case they were there, NOT.  OK start tracking, pretty easy in the snow, I followed the meanderings of the two dogs all over the property but they always returned to the perimeter of the house.  I worked my way around it eventually surmising they must have gone down the driveway.

Imagine our panic (bad dog parents) thining of the two convicts escaped into the winter cold of 20 degrees, unfamiliar with the surroundings, hungry coyotes prowling the night woods, oh yeah, Cindy had all the scenarios going through her head.

In the meantime we have called security, the clubhouse, the neighbors across the fairway who have two boxers along with constantly calling the dogs anmes and whistling.

After what seemed like an etenity (15 minutes) we decided to mount up and hit the roads calling and driving to look for them.  Cindy needed to go in and get her cell phone.

She entered through the open garage door to be greeted by Annie coming out of the house.  I saw her and went to the door and called for Harley, sure enough here he came.

About that time my phone rang and it was security calling to say they saw the dogs in our driveway.  Wow, that was pretty good, they were out driving around looking for the dogs and in fact when we heard from the neighbor across the fairway, security had been there to tell them about the missing pair of convicts.

A happy ending to and adventurous day for the two boxers.  Needless to say, they had such an exciting time when I got up this morning nearly 72 hours later they were still snoozing and had little interest in food or water.

No telling how long they were out there, but it must have been awhile.

BIG adventure for your two "kids"!!  But it's not at all funny at the time, when you're in sheer panic mode, dry mouth, lump in your throat, and thinking the absolute worst.  Glad things turned out well, and the Boxers got to do a little exploration with no harm to themselves.  Bet that won't happen again... ;)
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #619 on: December 03, 2007, 06:49:31 PM »

BIG adventure for your two "kids"!!  But it's not at all funny at the time, when you're in sheer panic mode, dry mouth, lump in your throat, and thinking the absolute worst.  Glad things turned out well, and the Boxers got to do a little exploration with no harm to themselves.  Bet that won't happen again... ;)

Not only will we remember to close the door to the garage, we are doing key padded deadbolts on the doors that would let them out of the kennel area.

Geez, but I do think they had a great time.  Fortunately the few times we had them over there we had taken walks to familiarize them with the way home and around.  The three feet of snow didn't hurt either, they aren't really snow dogs so I think their adventures kept them mostly to the plowed roads.

deucerider

« Reply #620 on: December 03, 2007, 08:37:24 PM »

my shepherd thinks he is human.

Spoiled!

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #621 on: December 05, 2007, 01:52:17 PM »

What is the latest on Shug and Springer?

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #622 on: December 05, 2007, 02:53:25 PM »

What is the latest on Shug and Springer?

Kathy...you are a dear for asking... :)  Unfortunately, I'm sorry to say that Shug has stayed in the hospital/vet since I took him in last Friday AM.  Although he is eating, he has lost nearly 30 lbs since this began.  What we do know at this point is that the problem is the small intestine...blood work came back OK, B-12 is lacking, so that is being given now.  Bacterial overgrowth has been curtailed through meds.  IV hydration was successful, but now he's off that and is having to drink a TON of water just to stay hydrated.  His quality of life is degrading rapidly...he has not been suffering with any pain or anything, but he is literally skin and bone.  The only diagnostics left to try are invasive ones, and at this point I don't think it would do any good but confirm what I already know in the back of my mind, but do not want to think about.  I have a practical side to me, and also have limits financially, which I have already exceeded, so I cannot keep doing things for more than a couple of days longer, if that long. 

I would never had set the wheels in motion to get the new pups had I known this was going to drag on...just assumed it would long since be cured, and the other dogs around would actually make him feel better, as he missed Nell.  Now, he's not even well enough to come home and meet his new buddies.

It's cold here now (for us), so Shug cannot stay outside all day any longer while he is having these episodes, and being inside is not an option for obvious reasons. The poor guy is embarrassed by the whole thing, even though I have never fussed at him...this dog NEVER, EVER had accidents in the house.  Quality of his life, and of his environment, must be considered.  A very hard decision will have to be made by me tomorrow if things do not improve... :bigcry: :bigcry:  Breaks my heart just thinking about it...

TREAT ME KINDLY

Treat me kindly, my beloved friend,
For no heart in all the world is more
grateful for kindness than the loving
heart of me.
Do not break my spirit with a stick,
For though I should lick your hand
between blows, your patience and
understanding will more quickly
teach me the things you would
have me learn.

Speak to me often, For your voice is
the world's sweetest music, as you must
know by the fierce wagging of my tail
when your footsteps fall upon my ears.

Please take me inside when it is cold
and wet, For I am a domesticated
animal, no longer accustomed to the
bitter elements. I ask no greater glory
than the privilege of sitting at your
feet beside the hearth.

Keep my pan filled with water, for I
cannot tell you when I suffer thirst.
Feed me clean food that I may stay well,
to romp and play and do your bidding,
to walk by your side, and stand ready,
willing and able to protect you with
my life, should your life be in danger.

And, my friend, when I am very old, and
I no longer enjoy good health, hearing
and good sight, do not make heroic
efforts to keep me going.

I am not having fun. Please see that my
trusting life is taken gently. I shall
leave this earth knowing with the last
breath I drew, that my fate was always
safest in your hand.

--- By Beth Norman Harris 1968 ---

Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

JesterDecor

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #623 on: December 05, 2007, 03:06:32 PM »

My heart goes out to you as tears sting my eyes Terry. If Shug isn't gonna make it, may it be swift and painless to Shug and you as well. Continued prayers for her to bounce back as a miracle regardless!! *HUGS*

cheri
I like shiny stuff!

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #624 on: December 05, 2007, 03:35:42 PM »

Kathy...you are a dear for asking... :)  Unfortunately, I'm sorry to say that Shug has stayed in the hospital/vet since I took him in last Friday AM.  Although he is eating, he has lost nearly 30 lbs since this began.  What we do know at this point is that the problem is the small intestine...blood work came back OK, B-12 is lacking, so that is being given now.  Bacterial overgrowth has been curtailed through meds.  IV hydration was successful, but now he's off that and is having to drink a TON of water just to stay hydrated.  His quality of life is degrading rapidly...he has not been suffering with any pain or anything, but he is literally skin and bone.  The only diagnostics left to try are invasive ones, and at this point I don't think it would do any good but confirm what I already know in the back of my mind, but do not want to think about.  I have a practical side to me, and also have limits financially, which I have already exceeded, so I cannot keep doing things for more than a couple of days longer, if that long. 

I would never had set the wheels in motion to get the new pups had I known this was going to drag on...just assumed it would long since be cured, and the other dogs around would actually make him feel better, as he missed Nell.  Now, he's not even well enough to come home and meet his new buddies.

It's cold here now (for us), so Shug cannot stay outside all day any longer while he is having these episodes, and being inside is not an option for obvious reasons. The poor guy is embarrassed by the whole thing, even though I have never fussed at him...this dog NEVER, EVER had accidents in the house.  Quality of his life, and of his environment, must be considered.  A very hard decision will have to be made by me tomorrow if things do not improve... :bigcry: :bigcry:  Breaks my heart just thinking about it...

Hi TC,

I have a Rott who had some serious plumbing problems that were volcanic in nature. My vet sent me to Cornell University in Ithica NY which is a renowned vet school in an attempt to find his problem. They did several tests which included a scope which revealed what they termed an "intestinal disease". We thought we too were going to lose him but the hot shots at Cornell were able to save him. If you PM  me with your email I will scan and send you the medicals from the college in the event it may help.

Anyway, I'm real sorry to hear about your pooch. Try to keep your head up.

Howie

Tbone

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2009 FLTRSE3
    • CVO3: 2013 FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #625 on: December 05, 2007, 04:16:39 PM »

Terry,
I'm sorry to hear that Shug isn't getting better.  I thought after reading about your weekend visit things were looking up.  I heard differently after Ilene talked to Suzanne.  I'm really sorry buddy, I know it's killing you.
Bob
2014 FLHTKSE Stardust Silver/Autumn Sunset
2013 FLHTCUSE8 Anniversary
2009 FLTRSE3 Orange/Black
2008 FLHTCUSE3 Anniversary
2003 FLHRCI Silver/Black

ggraves427

• Senior CVO Member
  • It's a clean machine.
« Reply #626 on: December 05, 2007, 05:44:31 PM »

My Dachshund of 14 yrs recently died in my arms. Your poem brought a tear to my eye.  Bless you and your dog.
2004 B&B, SEEG, Power Commander, S&S dual runner to single bore Tuned Air Induction System , D&D Performance 2 into 1 with fake left side, spoiler lights, LED lights, air horns, front fender spear, chopped tour box, in dash oil temp. guage

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #627 on: December 05, 2007, 06:19:01 PM »

TC;

Shortly we will be where you are w/ our Goldie. We're so sorry for your collective suffering and wish only the best for you and yours. We all know that eventually we heal but it sure sucks getting there.

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #628 on: December 05, 2007, 09:55:00 PM »

Hey Terry, I'm so sorry to hear about Shug. As I got caught up on this thread it brought back memories of my ole buddy ole pal "Bear". It just hurts me to think what your going thru. Bless ya Bro!

JR

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #629 on: December 05, 2007, 10:02:19 PM »

Terry & Suzanne,

Very, very sorry to read about your Shug.  We went through this twice last year, and frankly, it still tears me up.  Saw a cute little King Charles Spaniel at the Techmount place today and it reminded me of my beloved brit, even though it looked nothing like him.  The mannerisms I suppose.  Not anything anybody ever wants to go through.  Thoughts are with you.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 229

Page created in 0.382 seconds with 22 queries.