Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 229

Author Topic: CVO Pets  (Read 379785 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: CVO Pets
« Reply #675 on: December 10, 2007, 10:51:55 PM »

So sad to hear of Terry&Suzanne's and Dave&Helen's losses.

Here is my nieces 8 month old Sheltie (Riley) and my 8 year old daughters 4 month old Goldendoodle (Kate) at Thanksgiving the first time they met.   

Bob, there are SO many "----doodle" or "----poodle" variants out there.  Hear people explain that they just love poodles or something and the mixes are just oh so cute.  Never having been a big poodle fan myself I always just took as meaning that girl poodle dogs are easy and will screw anything.... ???

Mr. We

• SEEG Meister
  • Elite CVO Member
  • DOM # 003

• CVO1: 04 B/B SEEG
    • CVO2: 05 Two-Tone Candy Cherry
    • CVO3: 04 FORD 4x4 Super Duty Turbo Diesel HD "Corporate Colors"
« Reply #676 on: December 11, 2007, 06:53:17 AM »

I too am not a real fan of the poodle... but I believe a lot of this is attributed to the dander issue as poodles are one of the few breeds without.
Maggie Mae is quite lonely since Dezeri passed this last summer and I keep the annoyance level high with Candy by talking about a new friend for Maggie. Anyone here ever had a Min-Pin? I have only seen one (personally) before and it had no idea that I was the bigger of the two of us.
By the way Boatman, that labradoodle whatever is a cute one, 4 shore!  :2vrolijk_21:
2 SEEG's, No Waiting!

His 04 Black and Blue  :huepfenlol2:   Hers 05 Two Tone Candy Cherry  :cherry: Ours 04 F250 GR8 PNKN :pumpkin:

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #677 on: December 11, 2007, 08:31:54 AM »

I too am not a real fan of the poodle... but I believe a lot of this is attributed to the dander issue as poodles are one of the few breeds without.
Maggie Mae is quite lonely since Dezeri passed this last summer and I keep the annoyance level high with Candy by talking about a new friend for Maggie. Anyone here ever had a Min-Pin? I have only seen one (personally) before and it had no idea that I was the bigger of the two of us.
By the way Boatman, that labradoodle whatever is a cute one, 4 shore!  :2vrolijk_21:

OK Jamie, great handle.....you'll have to keep the avatar for awhile so we make the connection :2vrolijk_21: :bananarock: :bananarock:

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #678 on: December 11, 2007, 08:36:17 AM »

The mom was a golden retriever and the dad was a miniature poodle.  The dad didn't even get any satisfaction as she was artificailly insemenated.  Both the parents are supposed to be smart breeds and with the no/low shed we figured we would try something different.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #679 on: December 11, 2007, 10:14:57 AM »

Have never had a min-pin, but a friend of mine at work has two of them, and loves the breed.  They are fiesty and strong willed, like some of the Terriers.  Manchester Terriers are similar in nature and to some extent, appearance.  A good one will cost a few bucks...buy from a reputable breeder, not just a backyard breeder, and definitely not from a pet store.

One of the best house dogs in the world is a Greyhound, and there are lots of them looking for good homes after retiring from the track.  They are sweet, gentle animals, and absolute couch potatoes....VERY laid back.  Already crate trained, housebroken, neutered/spayed, all shots, teeth cleaned, etc...Generally, you get them anywhere from 2 years old to 5 years old, depending on if they liked to race.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Mr. We

• SEEG Meister
  • Elite CVO Member
  • DOM # 003

« Reply #680 on: December 11, 2007, 11:10:34 AM »

All our girls came from shelters... I guess that is why I really can't tell what I will end up with, as I never know who will be waiting for me! :2vrolijk_21:
2 SEEG's, No Waiting!

His 04 Black and Blue  :huepfenlol2:   Hers 05 Two Tone Candy Cherry  :cherry: Ours 04 F250 GR8 PNKN :pumpkin:

harleydiva

« Reply #681 on: December 11, 2007, 07:43:24 PM »

Well my Bobbie is gone I had to put him down today, I am very sad and it hurts but he in not in pain anymore that's what matters. I will never forget that ball of fur.

Helen

My sister just called to say that her cat was perched on their garage door when they came home, but they didn't see him.  The door severed part of his leg.  They rushed him to the vet and tomorrow morning will amputate his leg up to his hip.  Sure hope he makes it through surgery and that he has just used 1 of his 7 lives.  We don't know how old he is.  He just showed up at their house one day. 

Our family has had a lot of pet problems this month.  Nell and Shug, my daughter's dog has just been diagnosed with pancreatitis, he's 12, and now her cat.   :'(

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #682 on: December 11, 2007, 11:46:15 PM »

My sister just called to say that her cat was perched on their garage door when they came home 

The door severed part of his leg. 

Diva, please understand I don't mean this to make fun in any way.  I'm just trying to build a scenario or image with my tiny little brain and just can't seem to do it.  How in the world does this happen?  If I need to do something in the garage to make sure Lincoln can't rush to amputation I'd like to know what it is.  For the life of me I just can't figure out what happened though.

Spoiled!

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #683 on: December 12, 2007, 11:45:51 AM »

My sister just called to say that her cat was perched on their garage door when they came home, but they didn't see him.  The door severed part of his leg.  They rushed him to the vet and tomorrow morning will amputate his leg up to his hip.  Sure hope he makes it through surgery and that he has just used 1 of his 7 lives.  We don't know how old he is.  He just showed up at their house one day. 

Our family has had a lot of pet problems this month.  Nell and Shug, my daughter's dog has just been diagnosed with pancreatitis, he's 12, and now her cat.   :'(

Wow! :o what a freak accident - poor kitty!

No, you all haven't had a good month with pets. My dog got pancreatitis too when she was about 11 and the vet told me if I  hadn't got her in when I did he wouldn't have been able to help her - it was terrible.  She couldn't even walk.

Keep us updated on the kitty.

harleydiva

« Reply #684 on: December 12, 2007, 06:20:07 PM »

Diva, please understand I don't mean this to make fun in any way.  I'm just trying to build a scenario or image with my tiny little brain and just can't seem to do it.  How in the world does this happen?  If I need to do something in the garage to make sure Lincoln can't rush to amputation I'd like to know what it is.  For the life of me I just can't figure out what happened though.

I had trouble visualizing it as well but know they have a garage door that lifts when they open it.  I'll tell my sister that inquiring minds want to know and will get details.  I just talked to her, and KK is out of surgery.  They amputated to the knee rather than the hip, he's sedated, resting well, and will go home from the hospital Friday.   :2vrolijk_21:

By the way, my sister also has a dog ... the dog and the cat (both males) are in love.   :confused5: 

litox

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 FLHTCSE
    • CVO2: 07 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCUSE
    • Tecnologia de Alto Desempeno
« Reply #685 on: December 12, 2007, 09:43:19 PM »

Here is Camila.

pumkinownerswife

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #686 on: December 13, 2007, 05:48:39 AM »

Good Morning, I wanted to Thank everyone for there post, It has been a hard week I really haven't felt much like talking or writing about my boy. And Diva I am happy to hear your sisters cat made it. I guess it will have to make some adjustments to life but my bet is it will do fine.

Helen

Mr. We

• SEEG Meister
  • Elite CVO Member
  • DOM # 003

« Reply #687 on: December 13, 2007, 06:07:41 AM »

...By the way, my sister also has a dog ... the dog and the cat (both males) are in love.   :confused5: 

Shouldn't that be moved to the Topic: Cat vomit and Dog puke?  :vrolijk_9:
2 SEEG's, No Waiting!

lilbear

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: '06 VRSCSE2 - Yellow & Silver
    • CVO2: '08 FLHRSE4 - Black & Silver
    • CVO3: '11 FLHXSE2 - Black & Orange
« Reply #688 on: December 13, 2007, 09:32:44 AM »

Terry, Diva and Helen,

So sorry about your recent losses.  Can't say enough about how much our furry kids mean to us, needless to say, I understand.  You choose your friends not your family, but when it comes to our pets, they are the family we choose. 

harleydiva

« Reply #689 on: December 13, 2007, 01:34:21 PM »

Shouldn't that be moved to the Topic: Cat vomit and Dog puke?  :vrolijk_9:

LOL  :D
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 229

Page created in 0.18 seconds with 22 queries.