Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 229

Author Topic: CVO Pets  (Read 383169 times)

harleydiva

Re: CVO Pets
« Reply #690 on: December 13, 2007, 01:37:11 PM »

Terry, Diva and Helen,

So sorry about your recent losses.  Can't say enough about how much our furry kids mean to us, needless to say, I understand.  You choose your friends not your family, but when it comes to our pets, they are the family we choose. 

Thanks Craig.  It's been hard, but we're really enjoying the pitter patter of little furry feet.  The babies are so much fun and are bringing lots of smiles to our faces.  You're right, you do choose your friends, not your family, and what better family to have than our pets.  Unconditional love, can't get any better.   :2vrolijk_21:

harleydiva

« Reply #691 on: December 13, 2007, 01:38:25 PM »

Diva, please understand I don't mean this to make fun in any way.  I'm just trying to build a scenario or image with my tiny little brain and just can't seem to do it.  How in the world does this happen?  If I need to do something in the garage to make sure Lincoln can't rush to amputation I'd like to know what it is.  For the life of me I just can't figure out what happened though.

Don, I am awaiting a reply from my sister ... told her that inquiring CVO pet owner minds want to know just how KK's accident happened.  Stay tuned. 

harleydiva

« Reply #692 on: December 13, 2007, 07:55:44 PM »

Diva, please understand I don't mean this to make fun in any way.  I'm just trying to build a scenario or image with my tiny little brain and just can't seem to do it.  How in the world does this happen?  If I need to do something in the garage to make sure Lincoln can't rush to amputation I'd like to know what it is.  For the life of me I just can't figure out what happened though.

My sister sent a reply to my e-mail entitled "Inquiring Minds Want to Know".  They have no clue how the accident happened.  There is not enough room for KK to sit anywhere near the door when closed, yet his blood is on top of the door about 3" in from the rail.  He may have been sitting on the inside opener unit and jumped in the track of the door as it approached him.  However, this would have put the blood stain on the outside of the door rather than the inside.

KK always wanted to be an inside cat, but his "dad" would not allow it.  My sister would sneak KK into the house when her husband was not there.  For the most part, he spent cold days in the garage or exploring outside during nice weather. 

KK is recovering nicely and will go home from the vet tomorrow.   :)  Now KK will be an inside cat.   :)  I guess he decided it was worth using 1 of his 9 lives to accomplish same.  KK rules.   :2vrolijk_21:

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #693 on: December 14, 2007, 11:03:28 AM »

Because so many here have shown such devotion to their pets, and provide such great homes for their 4-legged "kids", I'm going to throw this out there for anyone who might be looking for a great addition to their family...

The breeder I got the two pups from has one more pup available...like mine, he is almost 6 months old, so is all but housetrained, and about as large as he will get.  The breed is Australian Terrier...Google it and you will find information on the breed.  For anyone who is looking for a small (18lb, 11" at the shoulder), tough, people oriented, easy to care for (little grooming) dog, this breed cannot be beat.  I've had at least one in the house for the past 20 years, and can't imagine life without one of these guys in the house.  This is not a fru-fru dog, despite it's small size...they were ratters, snake killers, and companions for Australian farmers, and were developed to work catching vermin around the farm all day, then live in the house at night.  Not yappy dogs, but will let you know when something's not right.  Fearless.  The males do not typically do well with other male dogs, especially if they are not neutered. 

This little guy is named Cowboy...he has the potential to be a champion show dog, if anyone was interested in doing that, otherwise, the breeder requires that he be neutered.  Either way, he'd make a great family pet.  Great with children, and just generally a very friendly breed, unlike some of the other Terriers.  They are not inexpensive, but well bred animals rarely are.  If interested, shoot me a PM and I'll get you in touch with the breeder...she lives in Wyoming, but the pup can be flown out of Denver...in many cases, non stop.  She is very particular about who she sells to, but is looking for a loving home for this last pup.  If not, she will show him beginning in February.

Here's a couple of pics of Cowboy...the hair is just starting to grow out...they get some extra length around the neck, top of the head, and around the legs...the body stays short.  A brush and a quick combing once every week or so is all the grooming required, and they do not shed.

Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #694 on: December 14, 2007, 11:05:19 AM »

Another, when he was a bit younger...

TTS Mastertune

JesterDecor

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #695 on: December 14, 2007, 11:08:54 AM »

He is just precious Terry!! Ken has already reached his quota with the 4 dogs we currently have or I would certainly love to have that baby in my home!!

Just look at those eyes and that face!!  :)
I like shiny stuff!

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #696 on: December 14, 2007, 11:24:23 AM »

He is just precious Terry!! Ken has already reached his quota with the 4 dogs we currently have or I would certainly love to have that baby in my home!!

Just look at those eyes and that face!!  :)

The great thing about them, Cheri, is that they are tough enough to be a man's dog, but sweet/gentle at the same time with their people, and will love the women in the house just as much.

TTS Mastertune

harleydiva

« Reply #697 on: December 14, 2007, 11:45:14 AM »

The Aussie Terriers are wonderful pets.  Rider and Tango are asleep at my feet.   :)   They are very loving but tough as nails.  These little guys are house trained, crate trained, and delightful. 

I'm sure that Cowboy is also house trained, crate trained, and delightful as he is their sibling.  There's no doubt that their breeder cares a lot about her animals and goes to great lengths to make sure they are well trained.

Rider and Tango were shipped non stop from Denver to us in Alabama and showed no signs of trauma from riding in the plane.  They were happy to see us at the airport, and they acted as if they knew us already.  So, Cowboy would make a wonderful Christmas gift and could be shipped to you.   :)

harleydiva

« Reply #698 on: December 14, 2007, 03:18:56 PM »

My sister sent a reply to my e-mail entitled "Inquiring Minds Want to Know".  They have no clue how the accident happened.  There is not enough room for KK to sit anywhere near the door when closed, yet his blood is on top of the door about 3" in from the rail.  He may have been sitting on the inside opener unit and jumped in the track of the door as it approached him.  However, this would have put the blood stain on the outside of the door rather than the inside.

KK always wanted to be an inside cat, but his "dad" would not allow it.  My sister would sneak KK into the house when her husband was not there.  For the most part, he spent cold days in the garage or exploring outside during nice weather. 

KK is recovering nicely and will go home from the vet tomorrow.   :)  Now KK will be an inside cat.   :)  I guess he decided it was worth using 1 of his 9 lives to accomplish same.  KK rules.   :2vrolijk_21:

Update on KK.  He's at home, inside, loving his new bed and litter box, and is hobbling around my sister's office on 3 1/4 paws.   Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrfect!   :2vrolijk_21:       

JesterDecor

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #699 on: December 14, 2007, 03:26:59 PM »

Update on KK.  He's at home, inside, loving his new bed and litter box, and is hobbling around my sister's office on 3 1/4 paws.   Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrfect!   :2vrolijk_21:       

Figure it's a male cat. Guys will do about anything to get their own way eh??

That's sweet news Diva!! Very glad to hear about the happy inside cat!
I like shiny stuff!

harleydiva

« Reply #700 on: December 15, 2007, 01:31:32 AM »

Figure it's a male cat. Guys will do about anything to get their own way eh??

That's sweet news Diva!! Very glad to hear about the happy inside cat!

You are right JD! 

My sister is so happy to have her cat inside.  Now if she could just get her husband to live in the garage.   ;)

Muley

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLTRUSE Red
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 Black
« Reply #701 on: December 16, 2007, 10:46:04 PM »

We have way to many pets. I haven't seen one of these yet so I'll show off mine. I usually need to have a few drinks first but here goes.

Spoiled!

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #702 on: December 17, 2007, 04:51:46 PM »

Well, some bad news on this end. I had to put my baby (dog) of 13 years to sleep Saturday night. We don't have any emergency vet hospitals around here so I had to take her up to Chesapeake (1.5 hours away). She was in extreme pain and I had no idea what was going on - it came on so sudden. She had lost a lot of weight the last six months and was feeble but still a very happy dog. I headed up to the hospital about 10 PM on Saturday, Brian was not home but I did talk to him and he said to definitely take her. I didn't know if we were even going to make it to the hospital. They took her right in and they did x-rays and found that her stomach was inflated and it was pushing all the other organs and it was starting to twist. I have been noticing her having a little different stance the last week or so but I didn't think anything of it because she wasn't feeling sick (not that I could tell). He said they would need to do emergency surgery to try and keep the stomach from twisting. I told him no, she was too old to undergo major surgery like that. I really don't know if she would have fully recovered. Also, the bill for the surgery was going to be between $2,000 and $4,000. If she was a puppy maybe but not with a dog her age.

She was a big part of my life and it is very hard right now to even be writing this. It was such a habit for me to take her out at certain times and take her for walks every night. Yesterday and today I just feel kind of lost. I know time will heal and I will never forget her. She sure as heck tried my patience alot and she knew that I was a push over but I still love her and always will.

Kathy

JesterDecor

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #703 on: December 17, 2007, 05:14:05 PM »

aawwww *HUGS* ...Kathy

I'm SO very sorry to hear about your loss. You have my heartfelt condolences on the loss on not only your sweet dog but such a long-term best friend! I'm so sorry that you had to make such a tough decision. Whenever I've had a dog pass on I just imagine them running in a field of flowers chasing butterflies!!

May your heart heal from the pain and stay full of great memories!

cheri
I like shiny stuff!

ggraves427

• Senior CVO Member
  • It's a clean machine.
« Reply #704 on: December 17, 2007, 05:32:36 PM »

That unconditional love is hard to part with. Bless you.
2004 B&B, SEEG, Power Commander, S&S dual runner to single bore Tuned Air Induction System , D&D Performance 2 into 1 with fake left side, spoiler lights, LED lights, air horns, front fender spear, chopped tour box, in dash oil temp. guage
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 229

Page created in 0.192 seconds with 22 queries.