Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 229

Author Topic: CVO Pets  (Read 383172 times)

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
Re: CVO Pets
« Reply #705 on: December 17, 2007, 05:46:08 PM »

Kathy...so very sorry to hear about this... :'( :'(  Believe me, all you can do at this point is try and think about what a great life your dog had with you, and give yourself some time to get over the loss. Her pain is over now, and you did the right thing.  Let me know if there's anything I can do to help!

Terry
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Mrs Rooster

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rooster May Crow But The Hen Delivers The Goods!!
« Reply #706 on: December 17, 2007, 05:53:38 PM »

Kathy I am so sorry, it is never easy and to have to do that alone must have been terrible for you.
 Puppies are good for walks, puppy kisses, shredding newspaper, running through the yard with your underwear, pooping on the carpet when you have company that you were just bragging to about how successful potty training has been going.
Gotta-love-em they are so cute and when they are asleep they are sooo good.

We are never lost sometimes it just takes longer to get there.

Binx

• Hoist's BSR
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #707 on: December 17, 2007, 06:59:34 PM »

Oh so sorry for your loss. It is never an easy decision to make. Cherish the memories you have of your best friend. Our thoughts are with you.
wut?

Bubba

• 1K CVO Member
  • LIVE TO RIDE! RIDE TO EAT!

• CVO1: 2006 CUSE B/S
« Reply #708 on: December 17, 2007, 07:49:48 PM »

Boy I am no good at this.....

Kathy soooooo sorry for your lost, but you know that she is not in pain now.
God Bless you,

~bubba~
Any-day above ground is worth living so let's go riding!!!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #709 on: December 17, 2007, 10:17:15 PM »

Kathy, Brian, very very sorry guys.  There has been too much of this kind of thing lately.  The animals have all been loved and cared for to the very end.  But it's time for all of them just to play and be adorable. 

Kathy, I know that was a tough night.  Really sorry. 

megavolt17

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #710 on: December 18, 2007, 01:11:48 AM »

Wolf is sort of the gold and black colors my new Duracell.  Does that count as being CVO related?
Megavolt17

2008 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic Electra Glide (FLHTCUSE3)
105th Anniversary Crystal Copper and Black Onyx
HD High Intensity Discharge (HID) Dual Bulb Headlamp
HD Illuminated LED Windshield Molding Kit
HD Air Wing Tour-Pak Luggage Rack with Smoked Lens LED Rack Light
Küryakyn Panacea Blue Dot Smoked LED Taillights and Turn Signals
"Roll Your Own" SE Air Cleaner
SE Street Performance Touring Mufflers
SE Race Tuner
Traxxion AK-20 cartridges
Bitubo HD 300mm shocks

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #711 on: December 18, 2007, 02:35:29 AM »

Sorry to hear about your pup Kathy and Brian.  Our thoughts are with you, I know how tough it is.

I decided to wait when we lost our last boxer and see how it went.

Three days later we had a new pup in the house.  When/if it feels right you'll know.

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #712 on: December 18, 2007, 05:16:44 AM »

Like all, we're very sorry for your loss Kathy. Knowing it was the right thing to do helps - a little, but the pain is so real. Take time to grieve and in time the pain will fade. We luv them forever.

Spoiled!

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #713 on: December 18, 2007, 09:10:10 AM »

Thank you all so very much for all the heartfelt messages. I greatly appreciate it and it does make me feel a little better. She will be missed so much but as everyone has said, time will heal.

Too many of us have had to go through this, some of us more than once, in the last couple of months.

Kathy

Mr. We

• SEEG Meister
  • Elite CVO Member
  • DOM # 003

• CVO1: 04 B/B SEEG
    • CVO2: 05 Two-Tone Candy Cherry
    • CVO3: 04 FORD 4x4 Super Duty Turbo Diesel HD "Corporate Colors"
« Reply #714 on: December 18, 2007, 11:21:47 AM »

Kathy,

I am soooo sory that you had to go through this too. People say time will heal, boy it sure takes a lot to get a little. We lost our girl (17 yrs) just before Nelson and it is still raw, and reading all these recent stories keep it right up front.  :bigcry:

But every day is better than the last. As many have said here, I have to remind myself that these members of our families have a shorter lifespan than we do... We provided them many great opportunities and long, healthy lives... the love we shared will not fade away, but allows us to share in ways we never knew we could.
I miss my little girl very very much and I know that she was a very happy girl and that is how I still see her.
I am so sorry for your loss as I am for all those who have lost so much recently.
2 SEEG's, No Waiting!

His 04 Black and Blue  :huepfenlol2:   Hers 05 Two Tone Candy Cherry  :cherry: Ours 04 F250 GR8 PNKN :pumpkin:

Spoiled!

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #715 on: December 18, 2007, 02:21:42 PM »

Kathy,

I am soooo sory that you had to go through this too. People say time will heal, boy it sure takes a lot to get a little. We lost our girl (17 yrs) just before Nelson and it is still raw, and reading all these recent stories keep it right up front.  :bigcry:

But every day is better than the last. As many have said here, I have to remind myself that these members of our families have a shorter lifespan than we do... We provided them many great opportunities and long, healthy lives... the love we shared will not fade away, but allows us to share in ways we never knew we could.
I miss my little girl very very much and I know that she was a very happy girl and that is how I still see her.
I am so sorry for your loss as I am for all those who have lost so much recently.

Thank you Jamey.

We've all been through this pain and as long as we have the four legged friends we will keep going through it because a house is just not a home without 'em.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #716 on: December 18, 2007, 03:04:52 PM »

Thank you Jamey.

We've all been through this pain and as long as we have the four legged friends we will keep going through it because a house is just not a home without 'em.

You are so right about that, Kathy.  There is nothing quite like coming home from a stressful day and having your four legged buddies greet you at the door, happy to see you, and expecting nothing more than a smile and a little lovin'.  It washes the day right away... :)
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

harleydiva

« Reply #717 on: December 18, 2007, 05:08:17 PM »

Well, some bad news on this end. I had to put my baby (dog) of 13 years to sleep Saturday night. We don't have any emergency vet hospitals around here so I had to take her up to Chesapeake (1.5 hours away). She was in extreme pain and I had no idea what was going on - it came on so sudden. She had lost a lot of weight the last six months and was feeble but still a very happy dog. I headed up to the hospital about 10 PM on Saturday, Brian was not home but I did talk to him and he said to definitely take her. I didn't know if we were even going to make it to the hospital. They took her right in and they did x-rays and found that her stomach was inflated and it was pushing all the other organs and it was starting to twist. I have been noticing her having a little different stance the last week or so but I didn't think anything of it because she wasn't feeling sick (not that I could tell). He said they would need to do emergency surgery to try and keep the stomach from twisting. I told him no, she was too old to undergo major surgery like that. I really don't know if she would have fully recovered. Also, the bill for the surgery was going to be between $2,000 and $4,000. If she was a puppy maybe but not with a dog her age.

She was a big part of my life and it is very hard right now to even be writing this. It was such a habit for me to take her out at certain times and take her for walks every night. Yesterday and today I just feel kind of lost. I know time will heal and I will never forget her. She sure as heck tried my patience alot and she knew that I was a push over but I still love her and always will.

Kathy

Kathy, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss.  :'(   I feel your pain.   You made the right decision, and she will always be in your heart.   

pumkinownerswife

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #718 on: December 18, 2007, 06:06:48 PM »

Well, some bad news on this end. I had to put my baby (dog) of 13 years to sleep Saturday night. We don't have any emergency vet hospitals around here so I had to take her up to Chesapeake (1.5 hours away). She was in extreme pain and I had no idea what was going on - it came on so sudden. She had lost a lot of weight the last six months and was feeble but still a very happy dog. I headed up to the hospital about 10 PM on Saturday, Brian was not home but I did talk to him and he said to definitely take her. I didn't know if we were even going to make it to the hospital. They took her right in and they did x-rays and found that her stomach was inflated and it was pushing all the other organs and it was starting to twist. I have been noticing her having a little different stance the last week or so but I didn't think anything of it because she wasn't feeling sick (not that I could tell). He said they would need to do emergency surgery to try and keep the stomach from twisting. I told him no, she was too old to undergo major surgery like that. I really don't know if she would have fully recovered. Also, the bill for the surgery was going to be between $2,000 and $4,000. If she was a puppy maybe but not with a dog her age.

She was a big part of my life and it is very hard right now to even be writing this. It was such a habit for me to take her out at certain times and take her for walks every night. Yesterday and today I just feel kind of lost. I know time will heal and I will never forget her. She sure as heck tried my patience alot and she knew that I was a push over but I still love her and always will.

[color=pink]Kathy, I am so sorry to hear this I just can't stand to hear anymore I feel your pain truly. I know you did the right thing. I have nothing more to say no advice because I know it just hurts.

So truly Sorry,

Helen
[/color]
« Last Edit: December 18, 2007, 06:09:00 PM by pumkinownerswife »

Spoiled!

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #719 on: December 19, 2007, 10:33:56 AM »

Thank you Helen. You are right, no more words need to be said.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 229

Page created in 0.181 seconds with 22 queries.