Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 229

Author Topic: CVO Pets  (Read 379774 times)

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
Re: CVO Pets
« Reply #1230 on: July 10, 2008, 09:25:50 AM »

Terry & Suzanne - Fine looking dog - love those border collie dispositions.  Of course can tell Matrix will not be spoiled  ::) and bet after a few weeks/months he adjusts very well to his new playmates & gets better manners.

Good of you to adopt/save a stray!

Very glad you did not decide to name him Keanu Reeves, but if he does come as he should when called as Matrix, Neo isn't such a bad name.   ;D
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Special_Ed

• 1K CVO Member
  • Member#2263 DSPP#136,543,099
    • CVO2: 05' VRSCSE - sold
« Reply #1231 on: July 10, 2008, 10:29:56 AM »

Terry & Suzanne - Fine looking dog - love those border collie dispositions.  Of course can tell Matrix will not be spoiled  ::) and bet after a few weeks/months he adjusts very well to his new playmates & gets better manners.

Very glad you did not decide to name him Keanu Reeves, but if he does come as he should when called as Matrix, Neo isn't such a bad name.   ;D

Thankfully it was Yaris!
"Looks like we got a date with Destiny and she's ordering the lobstah..."

Spoiled!

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #1232 on: July 10, 2008, 03:27:19 PM »

Matrix showed up at the Toyota dealership where I work last this past Saturday (thus the name).  He was dirty, but did not look sick.  Looked like he might have been in a dog fight.  It was hot as hades on the lot, so I got him some water in a coffee cup.  Later on, he got some chicken from a soft taco.  Stayed around all day long, got wet in a toad strangler of a rain storm, but by the end of the day, if I was outside, he was somewhere near me.  I just couldn't leave him in an empty car lot all night long by himself...guess he knew a sucker when he saw one.  He slept out in the kennel dog house in the backyard that night, then went to the vet to get checked out, bathed, and shots.  Got picked up Monday, and introduced to the other two dogs on my off day, Tuesday.  He's adjusting well, and is a real sweetie...he doesn't quite know what to do with Rider and Tango, as they just want to play with him, but by now, at least he's not scared of them like he was.  He's got a lot of Border Collie in him, though I don't think he's full blooded.  Looks like he's about 3 or 4 years old, judging by his teeth.  Will sit and lay down on command, but doesn't know his house manners yet.

I guess he's got a home now... ::)

He's one lucky pooch. He's a beautiful dog and you saved his life.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #1233 on: July 11, 2008, 12:05:47 AM »

A little double entendre never hurts, Mike.  Matrix is doing well...less fearful of the Aussies WFO dispositions (they are only a year old, and still full of themselves), has adopted without a hitch to the crate at night, is eating well.  Neutering will be the next step, but I want to get him back to full strength and disposition before I have that done.  He's marked every vertical object in the back yard thus far, but don't need him doing that in the house.  The neutering will help in that regard, plus a little training.  He's a smart guy, so adapting won't be a problem.  It might be a good thing for the other two heathens to be herded a bit... ;D  He's getting his healthy coat chewables every night, so should be in great shape in a short time.  Got to keep Borders busy, so Rider and Tango should be able to handle that job without an issue.  Rider is only 17lbs, but is like a 17lb concrete block, and tough as a pine knot, so no worries about dominance issues thus far.  I just have to maintain my Alpha status.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 12:10:59 AM by TCnBham »
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #1234 on: July 11, 2008, 09:51:46 AM »

A little double entendre never hurts, Mike.  Matrix is doing well...less fearful of the Aussies WFO dispositions (they are only a year old, and still full of themselves), has adopted without a hitch to the crate at night, is eating well.  Neutering will be the next step, but I want to get him back to full strength and disposition before I have that done.  He's marked every vertical object in the back yard thus far, but don't need him doing that in the house.  The neutering will help in that regard, plus a little training.  He's a smart guy, so adapting won't be a problem.  It might be a good thing for the other two heathens to be herded a bit... ;D  He's getting his healthy coat chewables every night, so should be in great shape in a short time.  Got to keep Borders busy, so Rider and Tango should be able to handle that job without an issue.  Rider is only 17lbs, but is like a 17lb concrete block, and tough as a pine knot, so no worries about dominance issues thus far.  I just have to maintain my Alpha status.

Terry,

Your post reminds me of back when I was raising bird dogs & a new one would upset the pack for a time.  From several years time & space, I miss those days.  At the time, it was a handful to keep order & your Alpha comment is the best way to do that.  Usually they could tell by body language who was boss.  You have a great dog there with Matrix - just needs some TLC.

harleydiva

« Reply #1235 on: July 11, 2008, 09:54:40 AM »

He definitely will have TLC --- Terry's Loving Care   :-*

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #1236 on: July 11, 2008, 10:01:30 AM »

;D ;D ;D

REGGAB

« Reply #1237 on: July 13, 2008, 12:00:34 PM »

Here's a couple pictures I took this morning.  Just picked up a new camera, since the old one croaked.  Annie Bea was filling her genetically ingrained "guard dog" role this morning........actually, that spot in the garage is her favorite when I'm out there.........and the Air Conditioner is running.   :)  Old Girl is gonna be 10 years old on 6 SEP, and she still acts like a puppy.

REGGAB

« Reply #1238 on: July 13, 2008, 12:03:12 PM »

Other side.  She's gettin' old.  Her muzzle used to be black with just a little white blaze.  Such a Good Girl!

REGGAB

« Reply #1239 on: July 13, 2008, 12:31:21 PM »

Congratulations on the new Baby, Terry and Suzanne!  Matrix looks like a fine, young, Gentleman.  I'm certain he is integrating well into Casa Crain, and his Brothers and Sister will no doubt show and teach him the house rules, with Mr. Toby as the overseer.  Best Blessings to the six of you.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #1240 on: July 13, 2008, 07:42:08 PM »

Henry,

Annie Bea is one happy dog!  Getting on up there in years for a larger breed. 

Our Sophie has her favorite "cool spots" & during the day, she goes from one to the next in "her" house.

REGGAB

« Reply #1241 on: July 13, 2008, 09:07:47 PM »

Henry,

Annie Bea is one happy dog!  Getting on up there in years for a larger breed. 

Our Sophie has her favorite "cool spots" & during the day, she goes from one to the next in "her" house.

Mike,
Thank you!  We've had her since she was no bigger than a loaf a bread...........7.5 weeks, and have known her since whelp day.  Her Dam, named Missy, passed from cancer three years ago at 9.  I have lost contact with her Sire's parent, Apache, but he would be 13 now, if my math is correct.  We never submitted Annie Bea's registration, since we never planned to show or breed her.  There's enough homeless pupz in the world without us adding to the problem.  She was spayed at 5.5 months.  She has survived cancer three times.  She slipped her lead when she was 1.5, got hit by a truck, and survived that............after I rushed her to the vet and got stopped for doing 105mph enroute.  She is the best Boxer we've had of the four with which we've been Blessed.  She's slowed......................alot..................but she still acts like a puppy.  She attacks the leaf blower, and loves to play and wrestle with Springer.
I know each day with her is a Blessing after all she has survived.  I'm very thankful for that, and each day I thank God for giving Renea and me the honor of caring for one of God's TRUE angels.  She's a big Girl, but she'll always be Mommy's and Daddy's Little Angel.

BIGDOG

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM#9.51 and a half .3
« Reply #1242 on: July 13, 2008, 09:59:49 PM »

Mike,
Thank you!  We've had her since she was no bigger than a loaf a bread...........7.5 weeks, and have known her since whelp day.  Her Dam, named Missy, passed from cancer three years ago at 9.  I have lost contact with her Sire's parent, Apache, but he would be 13 now, if my math is correct.  We never submitted Annie Bea's registration, since we never planned to show or breed her.  There's enough homeless pupz in the world without us adding to the problem.  She was spayed at 5.5 months.  She has survived cancer three times.  She slipped her lead when she was 1.5, got hit by a truck, and survived that............after I rushed her to the vet and got stopped for doing 105mph enroute.  She is the best Boxer we've had of the four with which we've been Blessed.  She's slowed......................alot..................but she still acts like a puppy.  She attacks the leaf blower, and loves to play and wrestle with Springer.
I know each day with her is a Blessing after all she has survived.  I'm very thankful for that, and each day I thank God for giving Renea and me the honor of caring for one of God's TRUE angels.  She's a big Girl, but she'll always be Mommy's and Daddy's Little Angel.
There is something special about a dog , and she is quite good looking . I have heard it said that there is no place in heaven for animals , I don't believe it to be true and if it is then I'm not going there if invited . I have a number of loved animals I am waiting to see again.   :)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 09:28:09 AM by BIGDOG »
If your not liven on the edge , your taking up to much space!

REGGAB

« Reply #1243 on: July 13, 2008, 10:07:28 PM »

There is something special about a dog , and she is quite good looking . I have heard it said that there is no place in heaven for animals , I don't believe it to be true and if it is then I'm not going there if invited . I have a number of love animals I am waiting to see again.   :)

Thank you so much.  We think alike.  All doGs go to heaven.   I'm convinced of that, even if I can't prove it.   :2vrolijk_21:  :)

SEULTRA

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's all about riding ...
« Reply #1244 on: July 13, 2008, 10:14:48 PM »

Thank you so much.  We think alike.  All doGs go to heaven.   I'm convinced of that, even if I can't prove it.   :2vrolijk_21:  :)

My favorite quote - "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went" - Will Rogers
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 229

Page created in 0.193 seconds with 22 queries.