Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New CVO Limited  (Read 3929 times)

FinalShot

• 2015 CVO Limted
    • TX

New CVO Limited
« on: June 13, 2014, 09:20:59 PM »

Some of you might have read in my welcome note that I am seriously considering a 2015, or even a last run 2014, CVO Limited barring no changes, in late August. Currently, I am on a 2013 Ultra Classic that I purchased July 1, last year. I have upgraded the seat to the hammock, new shield with a recurve and a stage 1 with Ness A/C and Jackpot headers and slip-ons and run a PV for my tuning. the wife and I spend a lot of time riding, with her on her 14 Road King and I've racked up 26K miles in the 11 months. The usage isn't much different from other bikes I have owned in the past.

I've been reading the last few days and making many notes for the consideration.

For those of you that have a 14 CVO limited, what are your dislikes about the bike, or what do you think shouldn't have changed from one year to the next? I have plenty of reasons why I want to trade up, but I want to look at all the reasons...  For example, for our style, I don't like the limitation with waypoints on the GPS. I know that there are workarounds but comparing to my 665, I'm not sure I'd be happy anyways.  ;)

FLHTCUSE7

Re: New CVO Limited
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2014, 10:14:36 PM »

Went from a 2012 SEUC to the CVO limited. Real happy I did.  I like everything with the CVO Limited. The GPS is not an issue for me. If it was I buy a Garmin and bolt on. Not sure why some cry over it when the fix is so easy and cheap.

Biggest improvement is the ABS. HD had junk ABS before 2014, now they lead the pack.

Get one, you can't bring any money with you in the grave anyway. Have fun while you can.

Ohh yeah, you will get some that say wait till it's perfect, then buy one. That's the crowd that never buy but need an excuse why they don't. Probably same crowd that use a brick cellphone waiting for IPhone 18

AMEDD_SFC

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2014 CVO Limited
    • TX

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - The Big Red One
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2014, 10:58:54 PM »

The last "big" bike I road was my Dad's 75th anniversary Electra Glide many years ago.  I came from a 95 Fat Boy and an 85 FXRT as my last bikes.  (Still have the Sport Glide.)

All I can say is I was truly impressed.  For a big bike, it is nimble and very well-behaved.  All the gadgets were overwhelming at first, but I enjoy all that stuff now.  I started doing much more touring and long distance riding so I wanted a Limited or Road Glide.  I went to the dealer and fell in love with my CVO.  All I can say is that it is perfect for me.

Very comfortable and power to spare.  Besides, I like being "that guy".  Always getting the looks!  ;D

The new 2014 touring bikes are night and day from the older breed.

Regards,

Mark

Mark B.
SFC, USA (RET)

Ghost__Rider

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2014, 10:17:59 PM »

I've had mine since Feb, I like my bike very much. Brakes are awesome. But living in the Mississippi river region and rice producing region we have alot of bugs. I hate the bug catcher slot in the fairing. I've been riding a bagger for several years, and up until this bike I never got bugs in the face till this bike. After a night ride it's full of bug juices. Whoever came up with this didn't live in Southeast Missouri or Northeast Arkansas.
2017 CVO SG, Suburban Speed 130" kit, Fullsac Stainless DXpipe, 2" Fullsac Cores,2014 CVO Limited, Fullsac DXpipe, Fullsac 2 1/4"CVO cores, TTS Matertune w/Fullsac Custom Map, Andrews 54 Cams. Spank You Very Much!!!
2012 Street Glide, 107cu.in./.625 T-Man cams, SE Pro CNC ported Heads, 10.8 Comp., 58mm ThrottleBody, 5.3inj, D&D Borzilla 2in1 Exhaust

MDW

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CO

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2014, 12:13:56 PM »

I had a 2013 Ultra Limited and traded it in for the 2014 CVO Limited.  The new changes are very nice.  The vent in the fairing does reduce - not eliminate - head buffeting through the equalization of the pressure.  The linked breaks are very nice.  The power is much better and I upgraded the exhaust to V&H Power Duals with Monster Ovals and K&N plus SE Tuner; the cat heat was too much for my liking.  The Boom Audio is a big improvement and with 75 watts per channel you get plenty of sound.  I really like to new headlights - much brighter.  Overall very happy with the bike.  Happy hunting.
Mike
2014 CVO Limited

scottt

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2014, 07:35:55 PM »

I've had mine since Feb, I like my bike very much. Brakes are awesome. But living in the Mississippi river region and rice producing region we have alot of bugs. I hate the bug catcher slot in the fairing. I've been riding a bagger for several years, and up until this bike I never got bugs in the face till this bike. After a night ride it's full of bug juices. Whoever came up with this didn't live in Southeast Missouri or Northeast Arkansas.

You can close the vent by simply pushing the button...just saying.

Ghost__Rider

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2014, 08:03:51 AM »

And then you get to dig the dead bugs out of it when you get home. It's best to just let them slide thru. It also sucks in the rain. Water come thru it and runs down the dash. Just one of those things that make you say "who thought of this?" I'm not saying it doesn't help buffeting, because it does. I'm hoping someone comes up with a painted insert that can be inserted during rainy days and night riding.
2017 CVO SG, Suburban Speed 130" kit, Fullsac Stainless DXpipe, 2" Fullsac Cores,2014 CVO Limited, Fullsac DXpipe, Fullsac 2 1/4"CVO cores, TTS Matertune w/Fullsac Custom Map, Andrews 54 Cams. Spank You Very Much!!!
2012 Street Glide, 107cu.in./.625 T-Man cams, SE Pro CNC ported Heads, 10.8 Comp., 58mm ThrottleBody, 5.3inj, D&D Borzilla 2in1 Exhaust

FLHTCUSE7

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2014, 09:06:53 AM »

I like the function of it. When I ride in the rain it seem to work fine as well.

Water runs down everywhere while riding in the rain  :nixweiss:

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2014, 12:05:14 PM »

Finalshot, 26k in 11 months is awesome I salute you for being able to ride that much. :drink:

crackers

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHTCUSE7
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2014, 12:19:24 AM »

I had a 11 Ultra Limited and it handled great so when I upgraded into the 2012 FLHTCUSE7 I couldn't believe how much different they were and not in a good way. Even after changing to Progressive front and rear it didn't help it enough to keep the bike. I traded for a 2013 FLTRXSE2 which handled better then any other Harley I have rode. I still miss all the extras that came with the Ultra and still love the looks and while at the dealership today I saw a person trade his 2013 FLTRXSE2 in on a new Limited and I had to ask why. The answer was it handled better and you should really take one for a ride. I didn't have time this evening to ride the bike but now feel i need to. Is the new front end design really that much better?

Fullsac "D" pipe
4" Rineharts
Heads by Jack Larson
Diamond cut
TTS Tuner
Progressive 944's and Progressive Monotubes

Mr. Warlock

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - unnamed
    • CVO2: 2011 Softail Convertable "Bourbon Betty" - Traded
    • CVO3: 2005 SE FatBoy - Sold
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2014, 06:37:56 AM »

In a word - Yes.
Lived hard and fast, laughed harder than humans have a right to and continue to do so.

CVO Aqua-Glider

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2014 FLHTKSE

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Ultra Limited
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2014, 09:59:48 AM »

I had a '10 ltd., an '11 ltd., and now the '14 CVO ltd. No comparison, the '14 is hands down a better bike in all ways. LOVE the linked ABS brakes, and how I can open the saddlebags while riding with one hand. Makes it easy to put my camera in the bag if it starts raining. I also like the fact that the 110 runs cooler than my previous 103's due to the twin-cooled heads.

Untitled by oneboltzfan, on Flickr
2014 FLHTKSE Jupiter Blue/Wicked Sapphire

Bigfoot16

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2013 CVO Ultra Classic SE
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2014, 09:27:06 PM »

I had a 11 Ultra Limited and it handled great so when I upgraded into the 2012 FLHTCUSE7 I couldn't believe how much different they were and not in a good way. Even after changing to Progressive front and rear it didn't help it enough to keep the bike. I traded for a 2013 FLTRXSE2 which handled better then any other Harley I have rode. I still miss all the extras that came with the Ultra and still love the looks and while at the dealership today I saw a person trade his 2013 FLTRXSE2 in on a new Limited and I had to ask why. The answer was it handled better and you should really take one for a ride. I didn't have time this evening to ride the bike but now feel i need to. Is the new front end design really that much better?

Another "yes".  I traded my '13 CVO for the '14 2 weeks ago. 
[img] C:\Users\Steve\Pictures\dragon.png

jaysails

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2014, 08:59:30 AM »

Picked mine up from Lone Wolf in Spokane  (great to work with) 2 weeks ago, and then went for our annual ride with friends.  Ended up with 3300 miles. Got the 1,000 mile service done at a shop during the ride.  I've had a few different CVO's, but this is the best of the bunch.  Didn't see a drop of anything leaking.  The only issues that I had at all, were created by myself.  I must have turned the squelch button down on the hand controls, so that cuts out the radio when your near anyone using a CB (just have to turn squelch all the way up to resolve this one).  And, somehow a couple of times I somehow got the fork lock, so it would not go into the lock position.  I think I may have done this with the key fob somehow, but not sure.  It works fine now, so I have to give my dealer a call and find out what I did.  The only changes I made to the bike, was a Fullsac head pipe (kept mufflers stock), and shorty antennas.  This thing is a lot cooler then any other 110 bike I've had.  Overall, this is a great bike.  Jay  :)

Page created in 0.185 seconds with 22 queries.