Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 35

Author Topic: CVO to Alaska  (Read 82305 times)

110Mofo

• Blu
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 (ZIGGY) Stardust Silver / Twilight Blue
    • CVO2: 2022 Ultra Limited FLHTK Reef Blue / Vivid Black
Re: CVO to Alaska
« Reply #270 on: June 25, 2014, 10:25:10 AM »

Thanks guys for all your nice comments. It makes the effort worth it. Ya know, I passed about 25 bikes on the way to the Circle and they were all BMWs, not a Harley in the bunch. More to come

That says a lot about your character  :2vrolijk_21:

"Let the road go on forever and the party never end "

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #271 on: June 25, 2014, 07:49:37 PM »

Love it! Makes my little 3500 mile trip look silly!

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

Indenial

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SE Road Glide
    • States Riden on 2009 CVO
« Reply #272 on: June 25, 2014, 08:46:44 PM »

No trip is silly---they all count.  It's what you get out of them
I just finished the pile of junk I needed to work on before I get to the stuff I should be doing----

Indenial

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #273 on: June 25, 2014, 08:50:08 PM »

DAY 11--or 12--   Woke to rain, packed in rain, rode in rain, checked into motel in rain.  Kinda glad it rained though, as it really washed the underside of the engine, fenders, wheels and areas that I couldn’t get to well, to remove the Calcium Chloride from the Dalton.  That stuff is really corrosive. We lived on a 2 mi. gravel road where they used that stuff. It keeps the dust down, but promotes rust and isn’t good on chrome.

Just a couple of pics today. I saw scenes today that I missed when I was going the other way.  It looks different on the return trip.  There were a bunch of people fishing on the river. They parked their cars and took a short walk through the woods to the river.  Hope they did well.  Saw a moose and her calf near a pond next to the highway, but couldn’t get to my camera in time. They were fun to watch, pulled over for several minutes before they skampered.

Bought a can of the spray waterproofing and sprayed the whole can on the tongues of my boots where the fabric is--- guess what-------didn’t work, not at all.   But there just happened to be a pair of FXRG-3 boots on ebay----in size 13---- and it ended today----and I snared them for $50. How sweet is that?  A God thing?

It got me thinking (that’s all there is to do when riding in the rain) about my many blessings.  Something I don’t do enough of is think about the good things in my life.  I am blessed with so much and I take it for granted.  A family that actually loves me, a fantastic team that I get to work with all week, my health and a job that I love.  It just doesn’t get any better than that.  Then I got to thinking—(it was still raining), and Carol and I were able to see Mt McKinley which hadn’t been visible for over a week, there was sun for two days before my Arctic Circle run and the ride was just incredible, then when my boots started leaking, a pair that I wanted was on Ebay and in my  size and I won the auction.  I no longer believe in coincidences and haven’t for a long time.  I know it’s a God thing.  And I appreciate it all-----thank you.

I know the voices will return someday. This trip has allowed me to relax and just be in today.  Today I had a lot of serenity. I called for a motel reservation at Dease Lake in two days.  She asked what date and I said “I don’t know, what day is it today?  I’m beginning to lose track of which day it is (tues, wed?)  I miss my family, my 4 year old granddaughter, the girls at the office, and my black Lab, Toby.  You decide the order----I’m not going there.

Maybe tomorrow it will be sunny and you won’t have to listen to my “thinking”
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 08:51:51 PM by Indenial »
I just finished the pile of junk I needed to work on before I get to the stuff I should be doing----

Indenial

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #274 on: June 25, 2014, 08:53:23 PM »

Indenial

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #275 on: June 25, 2014, 11:39:40 PM »

paconico1992

• Senior CVO Member
    • MN

• CVO1: 2015/16/17/18 CVO Street Glides
    • CVO2: 2010 Softtail Convertible
« Reply #276 on: June 26, 2014, 09:25:50 AM »

Amen brother

DesertHOG

• Visiting America One Road Trip at a Time
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXS - Vivid Black
    • Join me on Facebook
« Reply #277 on: June 26, 2014, 11:42:34 AM »

This trip has allowed me to relax and just be in today.  Today I had a lot of serenity. I called for a motel reservation at Dease Lake in two days.  She asked what date and I said “I don’t know, what day is it today?  I’m beginning to lose track of which day it is (tues, wed?)

Amen Brother.. this is the reason I get on my bike and head out on long roadtrips. Congratulations.

DH

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #278 on: June 26, 2014, 05:52:56 PM »

DAY 11--or 12--   
It got me thinking (that’s all there is to do when riding in the rain) about my many blessings.  Something I don’t do enough of is think about the good things in my life.  I am blessed with so much and I take it for granted.  A family that actually loves me, a fantastic team that I get to work with all week, my health and a job that I love.  It just doesn’t get any better than that.  Then I got to thinking—(it was still raining), and Carol and I were able to see Mt McKinley which hadn’t been visible for over a week, there was sun for two days before my Arctic Circle run and the ride was just incredible, then when my boots started leaking, a pair that I wanted was on Ebay and in my  size and I won the auction.  I no longer believe in coincidences and haven’t for a long time.  I know it’s a God thing.  And I appreciate it all-----thank you.

Agree completely! Quit believing in 'luck' or 'chance' or 'coincidences' several years ago. Found a term about two years ago I like much better. It is the providence of God. I've been richly blessed myself over the years. Try to be continually grateful but frequently forget.

It's been great to follow your ride! Would love to ride down to Rochester some time and hear about it over some chips and guac.

Ride safely home and don't be in a hurry to plug back in!

Indenial

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #279 on: June 26, 2014, 10:02:39 PM »

It's been great to follow your ride! Would love to ride down to Rochester some time and hear about it over some chips and guac.

Sounds great, consider it an invite

Indenial

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #280 on: June 26, 2014, 10:06:03 PM »

DAY 13---Got an early start today. I could see it clearing to the South and just knew it was going to be a fantastic day. Thankfully, the nice lady at customs asked easy questions.  The place I stayed wasn't awake yet and they didn't have coffee in the rooms---grrrrrr

Indenial

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #281 on: June 26, 2014, 10:10:47 PM »

It was the coldest morning yet. I was getting some slight fogging and opened my faceshield slightly for air.  My eyes were watering and the sun wasn't up yet when I hit the bad construction to Destruction Bay.  I did a couple of "stand ups" that I didn't ask for because I couldn't see the potholes.  Oh Boy---

Indenial

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #282 on: June 26, 2014, 10:11:47 PM »

Indenial

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #283 on: June 26, 2014, 10:12:40 PM »

Indenial

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #284 on: June 26, 2014, 10:13:32 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 35

Page created in 0.158 seconds with 24 queries.