Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Need some seat help!?!?!?  (Read 2252 times)

WildmanUltra

• Wildman
  • Full CVO Member
  • Scars only show where we've been, Live Life
    • WA

• CVO1: 2015 CVO RGU Carbon Dust/Autumn Sunset
    • CVO2: 2011 Road Glide Ultra
    • CVO3: 2010 Road Glide Custom
Need some seat help!?!?!?
« on: June 19, 2014, 09:06:31 PM »

I need some help please. My wife has a 2011 CVO and she wants a new seat for her bike. I can find the CVO on some seat web sites but not all of them. Is there a model that will fit the CVO or does it have to be a seat specifically for the CVO only? Also she is wanting a more comfortable seat for longer trips. We are going to ride from Washington to Maine in Aug and she says the stock seat ain't going to cut it.

Para Bellum

• Si vis pacem, para bellum.
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Canyon Copper FXSTSSE, '08 Crystal Copper SEUC
    • CVO2: '11 Slate/Blk SERGU, '18 Twisted Cherry RGU
Re: Need some seat help!?!?!?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 02:45:08 AM »

Read this conversation; it talks about several makes, including Ultimate Seats:  http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=79283.0;all
If you want peace, prepare for war.

WildmanUltra

• Wildman
  • Full CVO Member
  • Scars only show where we've been, Live Life
    • WA

• CVO1: 2015 CVO RGU Carbon Dust/Autumn Sunset
    • CVO2: 2011 Road Glide Ultra
    • CVO3: 2010 Road Glide Custom
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2014, 05:02:45 PM »

I've read just about every thread on here about seats and none answered the main question I have.

Is the CVO frame different from other softtail frames? And is the seat bucket different between models of softtails? If there is a softtail model that takes the same seat bucket/pan that the CVO does what is it?

Thanks

ozarke

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2014, 08:36:22 PM »

Might try airhawk pad...  they are great.  Had one for 3 years on my convertible and it makes the long rides good.   Cost much less than good seats and you can take it off easy for other bikes or shorter rides.

Only negative that I have is that it will raise you up a inch or so.

http://www.airhawk.net/airhawk-r.aspx

07CVO.RK

• Junior CVO Member
    • AB

• CVO1: 07 FLHRSE3
    • CVO2: 10 FLSTSE
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2014, 08:53:58 PM »

My wife rides a 2010 CVO Convertible. We just installed a Corbin Classic Solo with heat. Wife loves it. Keeps her ass toasty warm. Nothin like a biker babe with a hot ass!
120R, 10.8:1 compression, T-man 660SM cams, 58 mm HPI TB, HPI V2 intake, D&D Boarzilla with ghost pipe, Barnett Scorpion clutch, Wild One 502 Apes. Road King converted to Road Glide

Foot Loose

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2014, 09:39:31 PM »

I've read just about every thread on here about seats and none answered the main question I have.

Is the CVO frame different from other softtail frames? And is the seat bucket different between models of softtails? If there is a softtail model that takes the same seat bucket/pan that the CVO does what is it?

Thanks
I have a 2014 softail deluxe, the seat sucks.  Pay more for a bike and get less of a seat, not happy.  I found a seat from a 2010 heritage softail on the internet for $150, both seats.  Got it today, had to enlarge the fastener holes and it's on the bike now.  test ride tomorrow. 
I'd rather push a Harley, than ride a Honda

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 21 queries.