Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: TTS Mastertune - CVO Touring 110 MTE file  (Read 1729 times)

J-J

• CVO1: FLTRUSE 2011
TTS Mastertune - CVO Touring 110 MTE file
« on: July 03, 2014, 03:39:43 PM »

Hi All,

Is there by chance anyone out here who got the TTS on a European/International CVO and kept the original map as MTE file?

My 2011 FLTRUSE apparently came with an US map on it upon purchase (Dealer did me a favor and thought its a good idea as it runs better.....) and this made me loose the kill function of the kick stand. I thought its due to the TTS, but after some comms with Steve the root cause is the base map as TTS does not address this area of the ECM.

The solution would be to flash the original EU/International map and then re-load the TTS tune again. So if I could get hold of any MTE backup, it would save me the run and costs to the dealer to get the original back for just a few minutes loading it on and off.

Btw - it does not need to be any model specific file I assume - any MTE for a TC110 CVO Touring should do for being accepted by the ECM.

Thks & greets

Jens

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
Re: TTS Mastertune - CVO Touring 110 MTE file
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2014, 04:13:37 PM »

MTE files are specific to not only the bike they came from but also the ECM they came from, so this is not going to do what you had hoped. It would need the International OEM calibration and setup done by the dealer in order to return this function for the jiffystand as HD calls it. I do not know any other way to do it, sorry.
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

J-J

TTS Mastertune - CVO Touring 110 MTE file
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2014, 04:54:53 PM »

Thanks for the feedback Steve!
So you say that loading a different MTE back to the bike will simply not work and it must be the file which came from the bike initially?
If so, then there would be no other choice than to load the backup I have onto the bike and get back to the dealer that I purchased the bike from to have the EU OEM map installed. Is that the final and correct conclusion?
I could almost certainly get the OEM file from them - but that still would not help as I got no way to load it other than using the TTS,,,,
(No worries, I know you mentioned in our mail chat that this (jiffy stand switch) is not in scope of the TTS and not a priority,,,,,)
Cheers Jens

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2014, 05:57:02 PM »

Yes, that about sum's it up. The dealership must put in the required HD International setup for your area. There are a bunch of various HDI parts that come in different markets and we are not in a position to keep track of all of them. We do know that Japan, Europe, Brazil and Sweden get different setups. Exactly what they all are or are not we do not know and it also varies by model and year! That said it keeps us from wanting to screw around with it and possibly cause another issue that we are not aware of.

J-J

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2014, 07:32:18 AM »

Thanks a lot again for confirming Steve!
I'll probably give it a try with my other scoot first to see if that fixes the problem.
Since that Softail came with a SE tuner (the black one) there might be a good chance that the OEM map is stored on that device. If so, sequence planned would be to restore initial SE map thru TTS and then restore OEM map thru the SE tuner and then start all over to back up and load with TTS again. This must certainly work I think.

Just need to figure out if the TTS serial cable would also work with that SE unit to get access and find out whats on it, we will see...

Thanks for all the guidance again!

J-J

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2014, 01:17:20 PM »

OK, Need to bring this up one more time as I got another info - apparently it's the VIN and the type of ECM is being checked within the MTE file. And the VIN reference within the MTE is claimed to be visible and editable using the Windows Editor..... So would that be complete BS information or something worth to give it a try??

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2014, 01:32:20 PM »

Short answer   BS

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 22 queries.