Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Is there a detailed "how to" for the new compensator?  (Read 4928 times)

willyB

• 1K CVO Member
Re: Is there a detailed "how to" for the new compensator?
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2014, 06:38:24 AM »

My brother just had his comp replaced on his '12 SG non-CVO. About 25,000 miles. Took it home, made a crab load of noise.

Had them tow it back. After talking with them they determined that they did not let the glue setup properly before re assembly.

Dealer replaced "everything" in the primary at no charge. Primary is now quite as a mouse.

Just something to remember when replacing the new compensator.
GMR 577 Cams, S & S Lifters, S & S Pushrods, V&H Headers, Rinehart 4” Slipons, TTS Tuner, 12" Yaffee Monkey Bars, Color Matched Chopped Tour Pak (510 HP and 763 TQ +/-)

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
Re: Is there a detailed "how to" for the new compensator?
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2014, 07:57:12 AM »

My brother just had his comp replaced on his '12 SG non-CVO. About 25,000 miles. Took it home, made a crab load of noise.

Had them tow it back. After talking with them they determined that they did not let the glue setup properly before re assembly.

Dealer replaced "everything" in the primary at no charge. Primary is now quite as a mouse.

Just something to remember when replacing the new compensator.

The adhesive (glue) is a two part epoxy.  Both parts of the two part epoxy have to mix in order for it to set up and harden.  With all of the dispensers I've seen for this adhesive, when you initially expel the two parts of the epoxy, one side feeds sooner than the other side, resulting in the initial "mixture" being only one part of the epoxy.  You have to expel a fair amount of epoxy before the second side catches up with the first side and a true "two part" mixture is expelled.  I'd suspect the dealer tech didn't wait until he had a good two part mixture before applying the epoxy to the oil tray.  A good lesson for those installing the compensator at home...
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 22 queries.