Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9  All

Author Topic: Life in and around Coronado, California  (Read 33598 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: Life in and around Coronado, California
« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2015, 10:13:59 PM »

A 2015 Corvette.  A new car provided by the Chevy dealership that was sponsoring the show.  The windshield sticker reflects 20 mph and at just un $76,000.

This was a cool set up.  The guy driving the Good Humor Ice Cream truck was dressed like an old time ice cream man and actually had ice creams that he was giving out to the few youngsters that were present.  I tried to pass for one but he wasn't going for it....

Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2015, 10:15:25 PM »

and the old milk truck (remember those days?) brought his own cow and milking bucket with him.... :huepfenlol2:

Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2015, 10:16:13 PM »

This 2003 corvette had alligator upholestry on the seats and console.  What do you think that upholestry cost?

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2015, 10:17:39 PM »

And this Lincoln Zephyr with a V12 was my favorite....

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #49 on: April 26, 2015, 10:18:05 PM »

Then we rode over to Shelter Island for a different perspective of San Diego bay and to snap some pics of the bike and trailer....

Babe yells at this jogger "you have to wave as you run by"...........she did!  ;D

San Diego skyline in the background

In this picture is a car carrier in the background, coming in to port.  Probably full of Nissan, Toyotas, Hondas, Hyundas, etc.  These car carriers come in every few days and they do not have any windows in them.  I mean they have to have a crew in there some place but they never see natural light.  The only windows in these things is up in the pilot house.

Then we rode up to Pt. Loma and the Cabrillo National Monument.  Snapped this pic as we got ready to leave.  In the background, across the bay, is Coronado Island....where we live.  The barren looking area in the foreground of the island is North Island Naval Air Station.....the first air field the Navy ever had. 

All in all......another great weekend here in So Cal.  Looks like we're probably headed up to Las Angeles next weekend to see what kind of trouble we can get in to.

West Coast GTG   

bandit

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3, TP, Saddleman Explorer
« Reply #50 on: April 27, 2015, 04:57:24 AM »

thanks for sharing  :2vrolijk_21:
It is not that we have less time, it is much time that we use wrong.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #51 on: July 11, 2015, 10:06:51 PM »

If you go back to the first page of this thread you'll see the pics of last year's ComiCon 2014.  San Diego is home to the original ComiCon and while there are other imitators (there's actually talk of ComiCon suing the others for using the name) this is the one that has all the celebrities and stars attending.

Conan O'Brien has been broadcasting live all week from ComiCon.  Every night the local news stations all try to out do each other with their star citings.  I'm not a big enough movie buff to know or even heard of most of them.  But, it doesn't stop me from catching the ferry over to take pics of all the freaks and hotties for all of you so let's get started…….ComiCon 2015

The ferry ride from Coronado across to the convention center......bathing beauties on paddle boards is a year around site here in Cononado

and here comes our ferry.....notice the Hilton Hotel in the background wrapped with one of the movie advertisements

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #52 on: July 11, 2015, 10:07:57 PM »

Many of the movie studios had yachts there flying banners advertising their respective movies, series, etc. and providing a place for the stars to rest away from the crowds but still very close to the convention center venues.

Not sure what movie these girls are from but the director of the video shoot that was going on kept calling to them "angels I would like for you to do this or that........." 

But it was very obvious that when this lady in the hat came walking up that she's the real star (although I don't have any idea who she is) and that everybody including all the other angels and the staff catered to this lady totally....

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #53 on: July 11, 2015, 10:08:57 PM »

I do know who this is (only because one of her assistants handed me a flyer).  This is Justice Girl....

http://juliandavidstone.com/

and everybody knows who the Joker is....

The streets of the Gas Lamp District are totally clogged with ComiCon visitors.....

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #54 on: July 11, 2015, 10:09:49 PM »

and as in years past, they had hotels and other buildings wrapped, buses wrapped, even the metro train wrapped......advertising the various movies, series, books, etc.

That's the Hard Rock Hotel in the background that's wrapped with Lego Dimensions brand.....

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #55 on: July 11, 2015, 10:10:42 PM »

Another part of the Hard Rock Hotel wrapped for another movie.  This section of the hotel has the lounge in it and they totally redecorated the lounge in the same theme as the exterior.....meteroites and all

Did I say that ComiCon is for people of all ages....young and old alike

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #56 on: July 11, 2015, 10:11:26 PM »

There were several locations that were "preaching" but if you paid attention to exactly what they were saying (or showing in their signs).....it wasn't from the bible.

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #57 on: July 11, 2015, 10:11:55 PM »

I finally got to see some of those Hollywood style tats up close.  From just fifteen feet away they appear real but when you get up close within arms distance you can see they're on the surface....appear sprayed on.

They're posing in front of a large video screen showing the movie that they're in....

Interesting bike.  Looks like somebody put a little whizzer type motor, tank and a set of saddle bags on.....

West Coast GTG   

RGlideKid

• 1K CVO Member
  • Riding Since 1972
    • AR

• CVO1: 2011 CVO RGU...sold
    • CVO2: 2015 CVO RGU
    • Bull Shoals Photography
« Reply #58 on: July 11, 2015, 10:33:16 PM »

You almost have me loving it!  It looks like a rider's dream, not to mention a photographer's dream.  I guess we're just going to have to stay with our own little neck of the woods up here in the Ozarks.

And although I've lived in big cities in the past, and far be it from me to rain on your parade, because I've been to San Diego and loved it, but my wife and I just can't handle the frenetic pace and the long lights and the traffic, or the lack of friendliness we found in the city anymore. 

You did an awesome job with your post, and if I could figure out how to attach multiple JPEG's to a post, I'd share some shots of life in the Ozarks with the group!  But it ain't nothin' like Coronado!!
Harry
2017 Eureka Springs MITM Ride Chairman
Check out my photo gallery at:  RGlideKid's Galleries at Bull Shoals Photography

2015 CVO RGU with V&H Power Pro Headers & 4" Monster Rounds & HD-SEPST
2007 Bushtec Turbo+2 Trailer

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #59 on: July 12, 2015, 11:07:12 AM »

They have many, many interactive events and activities.  This one is an obstacle course of sorts free to the public and the contestants are competing for a PS4 (playstation 4).  Forty contests throughout the week for a total of 40 PS4.

West Coast GTG   
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9  All

Page created in 0.187 seconds with 22 queries.