Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9  All

Author Topic: Life in and around Coronado, California  (Read 33605 times)

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
Re: Life in and around Coronado, California
« Reply #105 on: January 10, 2016, 12:57:59 PM »

Since I got those injections....much, much better.  Not perfect but a hell of a lot better than when I sold my SESG. You....how are you doing with your back issues?

There's nothing better...   :2vrolijk_21:

2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #106 on: January 10, 2016, 01:36:16 PM »

Maybe my last post above was a bit premature.  With the rain we've had here in the past week, the floods, etc. much more like Nor Cal.  :nervous:

It's been on the national news so I'm sure you've all heard about the flooding here in San Diego.  Guys paddle boarding down the streets, etc.  The street in front of where I work was flooded to the point that the police shut it down.  Cars were stalled in flooded streets all over San Diego.    This video was taken not far from where I'm at.....   http://www.amazon.com/Gorilla-Supply-Technology-Patented-Dispenser/dp/B00TFYT02G/ref=zg_bs_3052413011_5

We have a six story parking garage here.  The ground floor has a 35' drain well below the ground floor.  The drain pumps quit working so I had to call the installers out.  They went to cover it back up with a lid that weighs several hundred pounds and dropped the lid down in the well.

JC I think you put the wrong link in  :huepfenlol2:
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #107 on: January 10, 2016, 05:33:58 PM »

JC I think you put the wrong link in  :huepfenlol2:

Yep, you're right.  How many people looked at that other link and didn't say anything about it.  :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

Here's the correct video from the Lambo driving through the San Diego flood last week.....   

Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #108 on: January 10, 2016, 06:42:39 PM »

Yep, you're right.  How many people looked at that other link and didn't say anything about it.  :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

Here's the correct video from the Lambo driving through the San Diego flood last week.....   

I knew your weather was chitty but not to the point you were picking it up.lol
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #109 on: January 10, 2016, 09:10:41 PM »

I knew your weather was chitty but not to the point you were picking it up.lol

Cars were stalled/flooded all over San Diego.....San Diego River overflowed it's banks and flooded the parking lots of Fashion Valley Mall, etc.  San Diego usually doesn't get 6" of rain in a year and we got more than 6" over a five day period.  It was pretty ugly for a few days.  Go to Youtube and search "San Diego flood".....there's a bunch of videos.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #110 on: January 14, 2016, 12:52:40 AM »

Gee, haven't heard from JC, today....

Venomous sea snake washes up on Coronado beach

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #111 on: January 14, 2016, 08:46:12 AM »

Yep, Coronado is unique and different from anywhere else in this country!  :P

West Coast GTG   

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #112 on: January 14, 2016, 05:55:50 PM »

Yep, Coronado is unique and different from anywhere else in this country!  :P

He lives!  Actually, there have been a few of these snakes found up and down the coast. They say it is because of El Nino.

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

BT

• Elite CVO Member
    • BC

« Reply #113 on: January 14, 2016, 06:04:33 PM »

Good thing he didn't stop  :nervous:     Up this way we have guys that take their Lambo's out up in the hills and see how they do on gravel roads.     :o    Here's a video taken a few miles past our place where the pavement end.  And here I thought it was only deer I needed to watch for  ;D   
West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (05)  Cripple Creek, CO (06) Nelson, BC (07) Sedona, AR (08) Hood River, OR (09) Pala, CA (10) Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Spokane, WA (12) Santa Fe, NM (13) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray, CO (15) Fortuna, CA (16) Victoria BC (23)

MITM
Eureka Springs (17)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #114 on: February 15, 2016, 11:00:15 PM »

The flip side of cars being stranded in flooded intersections all over San Diego is record breaking temps.....90F several days this week.  Sat. Andy, Ernie, Alan, Miguel and I rode De Luz Rd. and then over to Lake Henshaw and the Hideout Saloon.

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #115 on: February 15, 2016, 11:56:01 PM »

Valentine's Day 2016....we hoped on AmTrack and rode it up to Oceanside.

It was a short, quick ride of an hour up the coast.  We went out on the Oceanside municipal pier......

This little guy is sportin some designer boots......

And now I know where those youngsters get those wild hair colors and styles from.......

We ended Valentine's Day with the train ride back to San Diego and dinner at Ruth Chris Steakhouse.  Babe.....would you accept this rose?

West Coast GTG   

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #116 on: February 16, 2016, 12:06:40 PM »

Geez!  After seein' your Valentine's Day I look like a slug havin' not even given a card!

8)   :2vrolijk_21:   ;)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #117 on: July 24, 2016, 09:29:07 PM »

I rode over to Coronado yesterday and parked at The Landing and took the ferry over to the Convention Center.  Yesterday was the 3rd day of International ComiCon.

Just missed this one.....guess we'll have to wait for the next one....15 minutes.

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #118 on: July 24, 2016, 09:30:32 PM »

I lived in Coronado for a little over two years and never saw this kind of fog (marine layer....burns off by mid day) in San Diego bay...

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #119 on: July 24, 2016, 09:31:17 PM »

ComiCon is one of the largest conventions in the nation.  Many of the attendees dress up in the costume of their favorite movie or show.  You can view some of the first few pages of this thread, from last year's ComiCon.  Some of those costumes are incredable!

Again, many of the hotels along the water front are wrapped by the studios to promote what ever movie or new series that they're trying to promote.  Some of these wraps are many, many stories high and are all removed within four days.

West Coast GTG   
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9  All

Page created in 0.186 seconds with 22 queries.