Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13

Author Topic: CVO Street Glide vs BMW K1600GTL  (Read 60911 times)

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

• CVO1: FLSTSE3 - CVO Softail Convertible, 2012
    • CVO2: HD Custom Softail Heritage (Sold)
    • CVO3: BSA Rocket Gold Star 1963 (In Storage!) Ducati 1098 s (Sold) 999 (Sold) 916 (Sold) 916 (Crashed) 749 (Sold) Lots of Jap Racing Bikes!
Re: CVO Street Glide vs BMW K1600GTL
« Reply #90 on: August 01, 2014, 11:50:39 PM »

A guy at work just bought a brand new version of the Royal Enfield.

Btw who's money are you spending now? Lol

LBVS is laughing but very serious. Learned from my kids lol.
Love all bikes,
Every dollar I spend on toys, I have worked for!
I'm the GM for a company that employs 60,000 poeple so as you can imagine! toys are plenty!
Very simple, no time + no children = more toys to play with at the weekend!
We all make sacrifices in one way or another!
Better to Reign in Hell than serve in Heaven!
Rinehart Crossback Exhaust-SEPST-HD Mustache Engine Guards-HD Flush Fuel Caps-RSD Clarity Cam Cover-RSD Clarity Derby Cover-WPW Cooling Fans-PM Merc Horn Cover-UsKoolines HP XS Ignition Leads-HD Black Daymaker Headlight-HD Premium Oil Cooler-HD Smoked Billet Turn Signals-SE VPC-SE Cam Plate-Arlen Ness Oil Pressure Gauge-Braided Fuel Crossover

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #91 on: August 02, 2014, 04:02:33 AM »

Dave, just for the record, your post above confirms that you have at least two friends on this site.
Me and the friend you posted about above.

;D

We going to see you in the Valley? I have a road you need to ride?

SBB

The other friend I was talking about is someone "here", as in Pittsburgh.  I'm hoping to be able to make it to Maggie Valley, and I've been talking to a few friends from here (Pittsburgh) about getting them to go this year also.  I won't know whether I'll be able to make it for a few more weeks though.  I'm very likely to be having surgery sometime very soon and I'll know a date after my appointment in 2 weeks.  It's nothing life threatening, but nonetheless necessary. 

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #92 on: August 02, 2014, 05:59:49 AM »

Love all bikes,
Every dollar I spend on toys, I have worked for!
I'm the GM for a company that employs 60,000 poeple so as you can imagine! toys are plenty!
Very simple, no time + no children = more toys to play with at the weekend!
We all make sacrifices in one way or another!
Charlie can you take my kids for a week and I'll take your toys? :)

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

Simpleman1025

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FLHRSE5
« Reply #93 on: August 02, 2014, 08:04:12 AM »

I'm not meaning to steal this thread:

Actually, I've been looking at doing the same. I'm going to test ride the K1600 GTL "Exclusive"with all the bells and whistles. I currently have a 2013 CVO Road King. Not sure if I want to keep it or trade it. My Harley has not given me any troubles at all, except tires and some heat issues in traffic. Who knows when I throw my leg over it, it may be love or not.

I'm looking forward to your future post on how you like your new ride.

One more thing I can say, I joined the K1600 forum to get advice and some knowledge of the product. On this site when you introduce yourself, you get tons of replies. On that site in a week I've only received 2 replies

phato1

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6 - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2001 FLSTFI - non CVO, but really cool
« Reply #94 on: August 02, 2014, 09:42:09 AM »

Charlie can you take my kids for a week and I'll take your toys? :)

Never mind that, he can adopt me and then while he's off working I can use his toys.
"The solutions are all simple....after you have arrived at them."     - Robert M. Pirsig

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #95 on: August 02, 2014, 09:43:04 AM »

Never mind that, he can adopt me and then while he's off working I can use his toys.
Damn why didn't i think of that?

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #96 on: August 02, 2014, 10:06:50 AM »

That's what I was thinking... hell... I'd even detail them too. :D :D

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

• CVO1: FLSTSE3 - CVO Softail Convertible, 2012
    • CVO2: HD Custom Softail Heritage (Sold)
    • CVO3: BSA Rocket Gold Star 1963 (In Storage!) Ducati 1098 s (Sold) 999 (Sold) 916 (Sold) 916 (Crashed) 749 (Sold) Lots of Jap Racing Bikes!
« Reply #97 on: August 02, 2014, 10:20:39 AM »

Better to Reign in Hell than serve in Heaven!
Rinehart Crossback Exhaust-SEPST-HD Mustache Engine Guards-HD Flush Fuel Caps-RSD Clarity Cam Cover-RSD Clarity Derby Cover-WPW Cooling Fans-PM Merc Horn Cover-UsKoolines HP XS Ignition Leads-HD Black Daymaker Headlight-HD Premium Oil Cooler-HD Smoked Billet Turn Signals-SE VPC-SE Cam Plate-Arlen Ness Oil Pressure Gauge-Braided Fuel Crossover

05Train

• Mind is not for rent
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #98 on: August 02, 2014, 11:16:12 AM »

One more thing I can say, I joined the K1600 forum to get advice and some knowledge of the product. On this site when you introduce yourself, you get tons of replies. On that site in a week I've only received 2 replies
Yeah, there's a lot less traffic on the K16 site, and there are a ton of sexual intellectuals over there.
The best you've had is the best you know.

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #99 on: August 02, 2014, 03:43:37 PM »

Well, I went to the BMW dealer today.  They had a 1600 GTL Exclusive that just came in and in the shop being put together, and already sold.  They didn't have one I could even sit on.  I did sit on a 1600 GT, which I guess sits a little higher and the seating and handlebar positions are a little different, but if it's anything close to the GT, I don't think it's what I am looking for.  I felt like I was sitting on a crotch rocket with an upright seating position.  I may try to get up there another time when they have one I can take for a ride, but my initial guess is that I'll be concentrating on the 2015 Harley lineup for a choice of my next bike.

CVOThunder

• Retired avionics squid 1984-2004
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #100 on: August 02, 2014, 04:01:41 PM »

:2vrolijk_21: :)

Heck what kind of business is this. I wouldn't mind working in Dubai vs Afghanistan. Go there to travel to different places but haven't taken vacation there...yet.
2020 Road Glide Limited, 131" kit
2007 Softail Custom
2015 Road Glide Special, denim traded
2011.5 Big Blue Screamin’ Eagle Ultra Classic traded

05Train

• Mind is not for rent
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #101 on: August 02, 2014, 06:25:18 PM »

Well, I went to the BMW dealer today.  They had a 1600 GTL Exclusive that just came in and in the shop being put together, and already sold.  They didn't have one I could even sit on.  I did sit on a 1600 GT, which I guess sits a little higher and the seating and handlebar positions are a little different, but if it's anything close to the GT, I don't think it's what I am looking for.  I felt like I was sitting on a crotch rocket with an upright seating position.  I may try to get up there another time when they have one I can take for a ride, but my initial guess is that I'll be concentrating on the 2015 Harley lineup for a choice of my next bike.
Riding position is very different.  The GT's bars are shorter and the pegs are set 2" or so farther back.  The GTL has me slightly forward with my feet underneath me.  For reference, I'm 6'2" tall with a 34" inseam and I'm comfortable.  It's darn close to the position on an Ultra with stock bars, assuming you slide your feet to the back of the boards.

Sent from my iPad, probably while I'm pooping.
The best you've had is the best you know.

bigdave110

• Senior CVO Member
  • I can't take it with me N I ain't givin it to you!
    • PA

• CVO1: 2008,11,12,13 FLHTCUSE (all sold)
    • CVO2: 2015 CVO street glide(sold) 2017 CVO Street Glide(sold)
    • CVO3: 2017 CVO street glide (Black)
« Reply #102 on: August 02, 2014, 11:03:29 PM »

I have been doing a bit of reading on this bike.
It seems pretty nice.
Just not sure it would fit an old fat guy.  lol

I have not rode a bike with pegs for some time now, or in that upright position, not sure I could stand that seating position for a long period of time.

Just thinking out loud here.

Big Dave 

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #103 on: August 03, 2014, 01:02:22 AM »

I have been doing a bit of reading on this bike.
It seems pretty nice.
Just not sure it would fit an old fat guy.  lol

I have not rode a bike with pegs for some time now, or in that upright position, not sure I could stand that seating position for a long period of time.

Just thinking out loud here.

Big Dave

I am used to my feet sitting out in front of my knees.  On the GT that I sat on today, my feet felt like they were behind my knees or maybe directly below, but still I'm not used to having to bend my knees that far when I'm riding.  I'm always seeing these guys on sport bikes riding along, standing part way on the pegs and shaking one leg at a time off the pegs.  Now I understand why.  If that's the actual setup on the GTL, I don't think I'd be riding more than 50 miles before I would have to take a break.  You're a lot bigger than me Dave, so I think it would be even worse for you.  I'm still surprised that we haven't crossed paths yet being so close by.  Actually, I thought you lived out around Mt Pleasant or something out that way but I noticed that you are real close.

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #104 on: August 03, 2014, 01:06:02 AM »

One more thing to point out, the stereo on those bikes are absolutely pathetic.  I would need to come up with a solid solution before ever considering one, and it doesn't appear that anybody makes any kind of upgrade for them.  The dealer told me to get a good headset for inside a helmet, but that's not the solution I am looking for.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13

Page created in 0.187 seconds with 22 queries.