Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13

Author Topic: CVO Street Glide vs BMW K1600GTL  (Read 60900 times)

MrSurly

• Formidable Faux
  • Elite CVO Member
    • TX

Re: CVO Street Glide vs BMW K1600GTL
« Reply #150 on: August 15, 2014, 05:12:32 PM »

Much better! Now, what does it look like when it's CLEAN?
Rhetorical questions, who needs 'em?

2010FLHTCUSE5
Dethroned Garage Queen, Sullied 2013

05Train

• Mind is not for rent
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #151 on: August 15, 2014, 05:26:07 PM »

Much better! Now, what does it look like when it's CLEAN?
Have you ever seen any of my bikes clean?

Went down about 7 miles of gravel road today, so it was a little dusty.  I wiped it down when I got home.  I would take a picture, but it's inside, and I know how picky you are about the sun......

Sent from my iPad, probably while I'm pooping.
The best you've had is the best you know.

MrSurly

• Formidable Faux
  • Elite CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #152 on: August 16, 2014, 12:59:32 AM »

Have you ever seen any of my bikes clean?

Actually, I've only ever seen them from the rear...
Rhetorical questions, who needs 'em?

2010FLHTCUSE5
Dethroned Garage Queen, Sullied 2013

backroad Mike

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Krypto
« Reply #153 on: August 16, 2014, 07:51:45 PM »

Actually, I've only ever seen them from the rear...

:D

Other than a few bugs, it was pretty clean when he stopped by to drop of my new to me shocks today Ricky.

:2vrolijk_21:

05Train

• Mind is not for rent
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #154 on: August 16, 2014, 09:34:32 PM »

Mike, Wayne and I had a helluva ride out of your place getting back to 17.  This bike flat-out rocks.  Once your knees are healed I'm gonna let you ride it and I bet you'll want one.

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #155 on: August 16, 2014, 10:14:57 PM »

My co worker just bought a GTL yesterday and loves it (traded in his BMW Boxer Cup). He wanted a bike that he could sit up on as his Boxer Cup was a "lean over" setup. I took it for a quick 5 mile ride today and the power and suspension was great. Very efficient bike for sure. He plans to use it for a everyday rider and couldn't imagine anything better for that. Very quiet and smooth and he can talk on the phone with his bluetooth helmet setup with no issues.
Alan

backroad Mike

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Krypto
« Reply #156 on: August 17, 2014, 06:15:53 AM »

Mike, Wayne and I had a helluva ride out of your place getting back to 17.  This bike flat-out rocks.  Once your knees are healed I'm gonna let you ride it and I bet you'll want one.

610 is about the best road within 20 miles of the house.  :2vrolijk_21:

05Train

• Mind is not for rent
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #157 on: August 17, 2014, 08:14:07 PM »

Took the Beast out to the WV mountains today.  It's official, I love this bike.

Did a bunch of local windy-windy roads getting out there, then hopped onto 66 to make some time.  The bike is equally adept at carving corners as it is with the cruise set at 75.  Stretched out on the highway pegs I could have ridden all the way to Kentucky if I had the time.  A better stereo would be nice, but really won't be an issue when I've got one of my Sena-equipped helmets on.

I hopped on old 55 at Strasburg and took it out to Moorefield.  It's a great stretch of road that's all but abandoned since the bypass was built, but WV has seen fit to keep the road in excellent shape.  I was really able to stretch out here and see what the bike could do.  Simply put, it's staggering how easy it is to ride this bike at a good clip and never feel like you're pushing it too hard.  I loved the Telelever front end on my RT and GS/A; the Duolever takes it to the next level.  Pick your line, move your body, trail brake in, power out.  It's like a German slingshot.  I easily exceeded the pace I was able to set with my Ultra and it was half the work.  I need to establish new braking zone markers, as the old ones are way too early now.  I can't imagine what this thing would do with an Ohlins or Wilburs suspension.

BMW would do well to offer the 2-piece GT seat on the GTL.  For people who are long of leg or who have knee issues (yes on both), the taller seat makes the bike much more comfortable, and the lack of bolstering makes moving around when you're going to work in the mountains much easier.

13 days of ownership and I'm just shy of 2,000 miles.  This thing's a keeper.

05Train

• Mind is not for rent
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #158 on: August 21, 2014, 10:58:54 PM »

We did 500 miles today over 11 hours.  F-n brilliant bike.  We stayed nearly dry in torrential downpours, and it was a blast when it was dry.

It's a German Sharknose, and I freaking love it.

cropsure

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #159 on: August 24, 2014, 07:15:44 PM »

Picked up my 2014 GTL yesterday morning. I've put about 400 miles on it so far. I absolutely love this thing!  All I have ever ridden is HD so I was worried I wouldn't like it but so far it is near perfect for me. I just need to get front engine guards and some highway pegs and I'll be set!

05Train

• Mind is not for rent
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #160 on: August 25, 2014, 05:08:55 PM »

We put about 1,200 miles on it over the weekend.  Mostly backroads through PA and CT, then hauled butt down the Jersey Turnpike to get home.  Given the height, the higher center of gravity, the steeper rake, and the utter absence of flywheel effect, this bike is tricky 2-up at walking speeds. 

That's pretty much the only criticism I can offer.

My wife said we could have headed cross-country on it and she'd have been fine.

kbcvo

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 FLTRXSE
« Reply #161 on: September 03, 2014, 09:45:52 PM »

Keep the information and opinions coming about the GTL.This may be my next bike as well. The only reason i did not purchase a GTL when i got the cvo is that I just do not do as much long distance riding as I have in the past due to my 5 yr old.

05Train

• Mind is not for rent
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #162 on: September 04, 2014, 05:17:25 AM »

I've put 3,600 miles on it in 34 days.....And I'll put another 150 or so on it today.  There's just nothing bad about this bike.  The fit & finish isn't to Harley standards, but Harley does that better than anyone else.  Riding it rather than looking at it though there's no comparison.  I really liked my CVO, but given the choice I'd rather ride this bike....Under any conditions or circumstances.

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #163 on: September 04, 2014, 08:25:45 AM »

I've put 3,600 miles on it in 34 days.....And I'll put another 150 or so on it today.  There's just nothing bad about this bike.  The fit & finish isn't to Harley standards, but Harley does that better than anyone else.  Riding it rather than looking at it though there's no comparison.  I really liked my CVO, but given the choice I'd rather ride this bike....Under any conditions or circumstances.
Of course you wouldn't come back here and say you made a mistake lol.

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

ultrarider123

« Reply #164 on: September 04, 2014, 08:30:19 AM »

Train, glad you are enjoying the BMW.  Since this thread began as a CVO vs BMW thread, I believe you have stated your case and proven you are happy with your decision and good for you.

As this is the CVO Harley forum, however, I believe that I've read all I need to on this thread and don't need to return to it.  Good luck to you and your new bike.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 22 queries.