Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13

Author Topic: CVO Street Glide vs BMW K1600GTL  (Read 60888 times)

05Train

• Mind is not for rent
  • Elite CVO Member
Re: CVO Street Glide vs BMW K1600GTL
« Reply #165 on: September 04, 2014, 09:37:03 AM »

Of course you wouldn't come back here and say you made a mistake lol.
I'm big enough for that.  Said as much a few years back when I bought the RT.

As this is the CVO Harley forum, however, I believe that I've read all I need to on this thread and don't need to return to it.  Good luck to you and your new bike.

The best you've had is the best you know.

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #166 on: September 04, 2014, 10:04:22 AM »

I'm big enough for that.  Said as much a few years back when I bought the RT.

LOL hey Powers Boothe was great and that's one of my favorite movies!  :coolblue:

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

05Train

• Mind is not for rent
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #167 on: September 04, 2014, 10:16:34 AM »

LOL hey Powers Boothe was great and that's one of my favorite movies!  :coolblue:
You're clearly a man of impeccable taste.

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #168 on: September 04, 2014, 11:02:46 AM »

You're clearly a man of impeccable taste.

I see a red sash I kill a man!  :bananarock:

|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

masiman

« Reply #169 on: September 04, 2014, 11:28:32 AM »

I enjoy reading about good machinery.   Keep the reports coming Train.   I wish we had a dealer near by to swing a leg over one.     Masi 

CVO2FIXUP

• 1K CVO Member
  • Canada Eh!!!
    • ON

• CVO1: 2010 CVO Ultra Classic Riptide Blue.
« Reply #170 on: September 04, 2014, 11:09:04 PM »

Just wondering how it would feel to go to a biker rally and be on a BMW.  I wonder if that magic feeling will be there?  Or will it feel like the odd man out?
I may be a head of cabbage, but I am ahead of you!!

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #171 on: September 05, 2014, 12:08:44 AM »

Just wondering how it would feel to go to a biker rally and be on a BMW.  I wonder if that magic feeling will be there?  Or will it feel like the odd man out?

I've wondered the same thing...not just going to rallies though, but out riding with friends or even just riding down the street.  I know how often I get thumbs up from people, or people in cars at intersections telling me how nice my bike is.  Does all of that go away?  I think I would miss that part of the Harley experience.

screaminCVO

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 Ultra Limited CVO Maroon / Burgundy
    • CVO2: 2013 Road Glide orange / grey
    • CVO3: 2003 Ultra with sidecar silver/black
« Reply #172 on: September 05, 2014, 01:33:37 AM »

As I was riding with 10 bikes a few weeks ago, I wondered what it would be like if you couldn't hear that sound...........don't think it would be the same.

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #173 on: September 05, 2014, 02:39:22 AM »

I've put 3,600 miles on it in 34 days.....And I'll put another 150 or so on it today.  There's just nothing bad about this bike.  The fit & finish isn't to Harley standards, but Harley does that better than anyone else.  Riding it rather than looking at it though there's no comparison.  I really liked my CVO, but given the choice I'd rather ride this bike....Under any conditions or circumstances.
Got it......
Alan

willyB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #174 on: September 05, 2014, 05:38:20 AM »

Isn't there some sort of saying: I look good but feel bad?

I really like my HD but there are many times when certain things that annoy me about my HD when riding it. I think a thumbs up makes me feel better but it doesn't improve the machine. ;D

GMR 577 Cams, S & S Lifters, S & S Pushrods, V&H Headers, Rinehart 4” Slipons, TTS Tuner, 12" Yaffee Monkey Bars, Color Matched Chopped Tour Pak (510 HP and 763 TQ +/-)

05Train

• Mind is not for rent
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #175 on: September 05, 2014, 07:57:25 AM »

I don't do rallies, so not an issue.

I've wondered the same thing...not just going to rallies though, but out riding with friends or even just riding down the street.  I know how often I get thumbs up from people, or people in cars at intersections telling me how nice my bike is.  Does all of that go away?  I think I would miss that part of the Harley experience.
My friends give me grief, but that's what I expect from them.  They don't care what anyone rides, and neither do I.

I will say that I'm surprised how many people say, "nice bike" when they see the K16.  I wasn't expecting that at all. 

As I was riding with 10 bikes a few weeks ago, I wondered what it would be like if you couldn't hear that sound...........don't think it would be the same.
Don't miss that a bit.  It's so nice to come off of a long ride and not have any ear discomfort.  It's also awesome to hear the sounds around you while you're riding rather than just the bike and the wind.

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #176 on: September 06, 2014, 04:58:24 PM »

Well 05 I think I really understand and I'm not sure where I stand on this. Been riding since before it was legal and I can't say why I've bought what I have over the years. Maybe its was cool, or a good deal or met the need at the time. Never owned a car until I was 23 so bikes early were race bikes or daily transportation. Most of my early riding was by myself and I was cool with that because usually I was going from A to B. The mid years were kids and family and didn't ride as much if any and I really missed it but other things were more important. Then I made the mistake of buying an AMF bike and wow was that ever a mistake. Then 2 hondas and Yamaha and a BMW, then in 07 a CVO RG and the Harley thing started again. Big group rides, traveling with folks all over the place. Then the CVO 09 RG, more rides and more money, lots of money. But after open heart surgery I'm looking at life a little differently. It seems everyone now has a cause to ride for and I've really grown weary of the big groups. Some of them don't know how and shouldn't be riding and some of them really like to drink and ride which is stupid at any time but stupid and dangerous for the group. I'm back to what I love; 3 or 4 bikes my best friends and owe my harley that I've spent a fortune one and people love to point at it and say nice bike! I'm not so sure that something is wrong with me for needing that, but if you would give me all my money back I'd spent on it $70k+ and give me the BMW I'd love evey second of it. Love to RIDE.
Its the ride, not what I'm own.
God's speed
BigLew

Simpleman1025

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FLHRSE5
« Reply #177 on: September 06, 2014, 05:25:46 PM »

I think the K1600GTL is a gorgeous bike. It'll do what you can't on an HD. Two different animals for two different styles of riding. I've thought long and hard about switching brands but everytime I go in my garage, I look at "Ole Red" and realize I love it. Now that doesn't mean I may not add one to the stable. I think they'll look good sharing stable space. As far as what you ride, Who Cares! Good for you 05train, many safe miles to you!

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #178 on: September 06, 2014, 08:12:52 PM »

I don't do rallies, so not an issue.
My friends give me grief, but that's what I expect from them.  They don't care what anyone rides, and neither do I.

I will say that I'm surprised how many people say, "nice bike" when they see the K16.  I wasn't expecting that at all. 
Don't miss that a bit.  It's so nice to come off of a long ride and not have any ear discomfort.  It's also awesome to hear the sounds around you while you're riding rather than just the bike and the wind.
No idea what you're talking about. I ride 300-600 mile days on my bike with no ear plugs and I never have any ear issues.

dp

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #179 on: September 07, 2014, 09:14:32 PM »

Had some time to kill in Austin last week and test rode a GTL for about 45 minutes. Fun bike. Lots of power and lots of high tech gadgets. Missed the floor boards and shifter took some getting used to.  Seat was comfortable but seemed very confining. Sound system kind of sucked. That being said, I would buy one if nearest dealer wasn't 150 miles from where I live, but would still keep my RG. Might get rid of SG, but not sure I could do that either.
2013 CVO Roadglide
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13

Page created in 0.18 seconds with 22 queries.