Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Moving the right footpeg out an inch / long foot brake pedal pad  (Read 2748 times)

imoo6170

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FXSTSSE3
    • CVO2: 2021 FXLRS

Looking for ideas to move the right footpeg out an inch on a FXSTSSE3. I have recently installed the Harley 3 inch forward control kit and still find that my leg rubs on the air cleaner - hence me wanting to move out the footpeg by an inch. I don't see to be able to find anything on the web or parts book

Also has anyone installed a long foot brake pedal pad? I have looked at the Kuryakyn 7587 Premium Extended Brake Pedal Pad but it doesn't seem to fit my bike (at least according to their website)

imoo6170

• Senior CVO Member

Re: Moving the right footpeg out an inch / long foot brake pedal pad
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2014, 09:25:27 PM »

Looking for ideas to move the right footpeg out an inch on a FXSTSSE3. I have recently installed the Harley 3 inch forward control kit and still find that my leg rubs on the air cleaner - hence me wanting to move out the footpeg by an inch. I don't see to be able to find anything on the web or parts book:

- Found these. Should do the trick: Kuryakyn-Footpeg-Stirrup-Extenders-pr-8043

Also has anyone installed a long foot brake pedal pad? I have looked at the Kuryakyn 7587 Premium Extended Brake Pedal Pad but it doesn't seem to fit my bike (at least according to their website)

Old Badger

• CVO2: FXSTSSE2
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 06:51:01 PM »

Kuryakyn makes an inch and a quarter peg extender, I used them on my 1993 FXSTS. I will try to find a part number for you.

imoo6170

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 06:27:39 AM »

Decided to go a different way - used some spacers between the forward controls and the frame to push the forward controls out an inch and then swapped the rear and front footpegs to bring them a bit closer. Seems to have worked well - at least for the first ride.

Will try this for a while and if it does work out will look at some Kuryakyn Foot Peg Extensions part number  - 8064 or 8063

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 21 queries.