Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Best cleaner/protector for FXDFSE2 brown leather seat?  (Read 1751 times)

cvomiami

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

Best cleaner/protector for FXDFSE2 brown leather seat?
« on: August 08, 2014, 04:50:24 PM »

Hi guys, anyone have recommendations for the above. I want to protect it and also even waterproof it without changing the distressed leather look/color. Thanks in advance.

RGlideKid

• 1K CVO Member
  • Riding Since 1972
    • AR

• CVO1: 2011 CVO RGU...sold
    • CVO2: 2015 CVO RGU
    • Bull Shoals Photography
Re: Best cleaner/protector for FXDFSE2 brown leather seat?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2015, 10:28:21 PM »

Have you ever looked into or used Aerospace 303? 
They make a family of products, but I've been using the 303 on leather and vinyl for years now and it is amazing.  This ain't no silicone-based Armor-All type thing.  It's the real deal.  And it repels instead of attracting dirt and dust. Heck, they even make a convertible top cleaner and preservative.  Look 'em up on line!
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 05:05:15 PM by RGlideKid »
Harry
2017 Eureka Springs MITM Ride Chairman
Check out my photo gallery at:  RGlideKid's Galleries at Bull Shoals Photography

2015 CVO RGU with V&H Power Pro Headers & 4" Monster Rounds & HD-SEPST
2007 Bushtec Turbo+2 Trailer

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
Re: Best cleaner/protector for FXDFSE2 brown leather seat?
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2015, 03:20:02 PM »

I would use Lexol, works on everything leather from boots to jackets to car & Motorcycle seats. They have a good cleaner as well if you need it, but if bike is new you should only need a conditioner/protectant and Lexol is good stuff, Put it on with you clean hands, or a soft micro-fiber. I perfer bare handed.
Not sure about your waterproof comment. leather is great because it breathes, if you seal it up you loose the breathability. If I really wanted to waterproof it I would use 3M Scotchguard, Use the red label for leather. I would pass on that waterproof step and just keep it clean and conditioned.

Page created in 0.115 seconds with 21 queries.