Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: 2005 CVO Electra Glide Backfires On Hot Restart  (Read 9532 times)

KennyC

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2004SE E-Glide Org/Blk
    • CVO2: I Wish
Re: 2005 CVO Electra Glide Backfires On Hot Restart
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2013, 02:40:37 PM »

Hard to beat these early SE EGlides. Love my Pumpkin!!  :pumpkin: It's my last bike. Muscle car in my future?? I Hope.  ;D

senorjeem

• Starting Out
  • Full CVO Member
  • I SURVIVED THE MAYAN END OF DAYS!!!
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2014, 10:05:32 PM »

Hi everyone,

It appears the hot re-start backfire issue has been resolved after a long learning curve. First attempt: Tune-up w/ H.D. wires, and plugs no change after removing the Dynajet programmer I was fooled at first thinking the problem was gone, but it was restart backfire was still there w/ H.D. ecm.

I was able to connect with a tec. at Dyna jet and after several program changes same issue backfiring on hot restarts. All along not happy with the Rinehart system (2" headers) that came with the bike I replaced the exhaust with a different system instantly problem solved! After more than 100 hot restarts instant startup everytime! I appreciate everyones input.

Donnie

What did you put on for exhaust??

fos41

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2014, 01:49:28 PM »

Changed the exhaust system to duel Vance & Hines with Twin Slash Rounds and the quiet insert that is available. Numerious changes to the bike and it still backfires through ai filter.

Royalroadie

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • KS

« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2014, 02:41:05 PM »

I had the same issue, and found going to 93 octane and only start in neutral with the clutch pulled solved the problem 95% of the time.  The trick is to make sure there is no load on the engine so the starter can spin the engine at the fastest possible speed.  The only time it happens now is when the engine temp is extremely high which causes higher compression and easier preignition.  Sound simple but it truly helps.  High octane and fast starter speed without a load.  I hope this helps.
V&H Power Dual Header
Rinehart 4"
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 22 queries.