Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Anyone else getting rust on their CVO?  (Read 11022 times)

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
Re: Anyone else getting rust on their CVO?
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2016, 07:45:30 PM »

:-\
Not sure about the physical location of the original poster,  but later on............I see I guy from Jacksonville, Florida having a problem.

HELLO,  YOU LIVE RELATIVELY CLOSE TO THE COASTLINE.................................... :oops:

For 20 years,  I lived in Raleigh,  N.C. and my Harleys (almost 200 miles from the coastline),  in an unheated detached garage...........never had a problem with rust. (lived there for 20 years)

Fast forward to my living in Sunset Beach,  N.C.  just under 2 miles from the ocean.........and my garage where my bike is kept is heated/air conditioned..........(yes,  I know that is unacceptable under "code")...............but while here for  now going on 14 years,  with 3 different Harleys while here................I can relate without a doubt,  that the "salt air" anywhere within several miles of the coast WILL AND CAN cause rust/corossion of your Harleys chromed parts. :drink:

ematicic

• Full CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2013 Break Out
Re: Anyone else getting rust on their CVO?
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2016, 08:03:43 AM »

But the rust under the clear coat in under two years is certainly a defect in craftsmanship. There is bare metal under the clear coat on most of our BOs and in hindsight, I would have chosen different tins but it is nice to see where others are having their issues. Sure us coastal salty guys will see the effect first, and northerners who drive on salty roads but this thread has really helped let me where others are having problems. They are replacing my tank even after the warranty, and my fender has already been done but I can see those tins lasting 5 years at best with the current trending. I am interested if anyone has had rust after getting new parts too.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.61 seconds with 21 queries.