Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2015 CVO Ultra Limited AVC control does not stay set  (Read 6828 times)

Saintnick06

2015 CVO Ultra Limited AVC control does not stay set
« on: September 24, 2014, 07:57:42 AM »

I was wondering if anyone yet has had a problem with the 2015 or even 2014 AVC ( Fade/ Speed control) not staying set?  I noticed that every time I start my bike I need to go into the setup menu, speed control setting and bump up or down the control so that the AVC works!  I called the tech guy at the dealer and he told me to do a factory reset on the radio which I did but to no avail.  I'm thinking it is a software issue like the fader issue on my 2014 CVO Ultra Limited which was totaled due to a 17 year old making a left in front of me! Lol.  Anyway I would really appreciate it if someone could let me know if they are experiencing the same issue so that I could pursue a new radio if warranted.  Chuck the tech guy at the dealer said there were no issues that he had heard of being he called his Harley rep.  I am currently running the new version 1.18.1 software dated 08/21/2014.  Not really a great big deal but I use the AVC and it would be really nice not to have to keep resetting it every time I start my bike.
2017 FLHTKSE
COBRA Power Duals
COBRA RACE PRO SLIP-ON MUFFLERS

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: 2015 CVO Ultra Limited AVC control does not stay set
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2014, 08:49:35 AM »

I was wondering if anyone yet has had a problem with the 2015 or even 2014 AVC ( Fade/ Speed control) not staying set?  I noticed that every time I start my bike I need to go into the setup menu, speed control setting and bump up or down the control so that the AVC works!  I called the tech guy at the dealer and he told me to do a factory reset on the radio which I did but to no avail.  I'm thinking it is a software issue like the fader issue on my 2014 CVO Ultra Limited which was totaled due to a 17 year old making a left in front of me! Lol.  Anyway I would really appreciate it if someone could let me know if they are experiencing the same issue so that I could pursue a new radio if warranted.  Chuck the tech guy at the dealer said there were no issues that he had heard of being he called his Harley rep.  I am currently running the new version 1.18.1 software dated 08/21/2014.  Not really a great big deal but I use the AVC and it would be really nice not to have to keep resetting it every time I start my bike.

There are some threads around here with the 2014 owners talking about the same thing, so it appears Harley has carried this "feature" over to the new model year.  If you're new to H-D, slow response to known problems isn't unusual.  If you're not new to H-D, then you probably already knew that.  I'd suggest calling H-D Customer Service and lodging a complaint.  Maybe if enough people flood the phone lines they will call up that guy over in India they hired to do the software updates and rattle his cage a bit.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

UnionGuy

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2014, 07:47:31 PM »

Exact same problem on my 2015.  At first I thought it was just in my head, but just the other day confirmed what you found -- every time turn off the bike it effectively "resets" the AVC to off but without impacting the number of bars shown on screen (i.e. still looks like set at the 2 position); when I go to change it, the sound immediately adjusts to higher volume and the AVC then works for rest of that ride.  Asked dealer to check it when took bike in today for 1,000 mile service.  They reset radio. No Impact. They claimed I need to set the AVC to 3 or 4 .... meaning the tech just didn't "get it."  Looks like a call to Customer Service is in order.

Saintnick06

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2014, 09:08:51 AM »

Well I just updated my software to 1.18.2 release date 10/16/2014 hoping that Naviextras would recognize my flash drive and it did not!!!!  I even deleted the old thumbprint of my bike and exported a new one but to no avail!!!  What is up with this Naviextras bull crap?!?!   You would think that after purchasing the best that Harley has to offer you would get a superb scooter and that everything would work!!!
2017 FLHTKSE
COBRA Power Duals
COBRA RACE PRO SLIP-ON MUFFLERS

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2014, 11:53:34 AM »

Well I just updated my software to 1.18.2 release date 10/16/2014 hoping that Naviextras would recognize my flash drive and it did not!!!!  I even deleted the old thumbprint of my bike and exported a new one but to no avail!!!  What is up with this Naviextras bull crap?!?!   You would think that after purchasing the best that Harley has to offer you would get a superb scooter and that everything would work!!!

Are you new to Harley's?  If yes, get used to it because that's the way they do business.  What's really sad is that this is the second model year for that new infotainment system, and they still haven't fixed any of the issues and somehow managed to create a few new ones.  It's not rocket science, but obviously the low cost supplier can't figure it out.  They weren't very good when they introduced the previous HK radio either. 

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

ptnlinda

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com

• CVO1: 2015 FLHTKSE
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2014, 06:58:17 AM »

Exact same problem on my 2015.  At first I thought it was just in my head, but just the other day confirmed what you found -- every time turn off the bike it effectively "resets" the AVC to off but without impacting the number of bars shown on screen (i.e. still looks like set at the 2 position); when I go to change it, the sound immediately adjusts to higher volume and the AVC then works for rest of that ride.  Asked dealer to check it when took bike in today for 1,000 mile service.  They reset radio. No Impact. They claimed I need to set the AVC to 3 or 4 .... meaning the tech just didn't "get it."  Looks like a call to Customer Service is in order.
Yes I am having the same problem. Spoke to my dealer who contacted Harley. There response was that they were not aware of any problem. They have suggested I have the radio re-flashed by the dealer at next service,
2015 FLHTKSE
Fuel Moto Jackpot Headers
2" Muffler Cores
Thunder Max ECM
Detachable's Kit
Stainless Fasteners throughout.

Doniwin

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

• CVO1: 2014 FLHTKSE CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2013 XL1200 Custom
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2014, 11:58:17 PM »

Problem I have is with the auto display backlighting. Have to set each time or will not dim at night.

TXGator

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

• CVO1: "JUSTICE" 2014 Jupiter Blue CVO Limited V&H Power Duals, 4.5" Hi Output Slipons SERT
    • CVO2: Non CVO 2015 Heritage Classic... Freedom Performance Racing True Duals, SERT
    • CVO3: My 16YO's first Harley... 2005 Sporty 883, Cobra Slash Cuts
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2014, 06:36:05 AM »

Mine goes so dark at night that I can barely read it.  I am sure that I just need to adjust it but never think about it until I am riding at night...

UnionGuy

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2014, 10:47:39 PM »

Yes I am having the same problem. Spoke to my dealer who contacted Harley. There response was that they were not aware of any problem. They have suggested I have the radio re-flashed by the dealer at next service,

The MotorCo sure should be aware of issue.  HDForums has a 30-pages of posting (2014 Infotainment Issues part 2 or similar title) that confirms this is an issue.  Re-flash will not make a change. The 1.18.2 also makes no difference.  Looks like will be years before AVC does what is supposed to -- unless you reset it every time you start system.  Has become part of my routine.  And a repeated source of annoyance.

screaminCVO

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 Ultra Limited CVO Maroon / Burgundy
    • CVO2: 2013 Road Glide orange / grey
    • CVO3: 2003 Ultra with sidecar silver/black
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2014, 02:18:59 PM »

Yup - same issue with mine. :nixweiss:

jb2861

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • KY

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2004 Electra-Glide
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2015, 05:14:47 AM »

Hopefully everyone loaded 1.18.3, it fixes the issues above.

mobileone69

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2015, 07:10:52 PM »

i have a 2015 and am having the same issues with auto volume control. dealer has done 2 updates now up to 18.3 and no difference with avc. after last update. radio cuts out for few seconds this happens two to three times in hundred miles. after this update radio cuts out twice as much as before. 

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2015, 09:02:45 PM »

Hopefully everyone loaded 1.18.3, it fixes the issues above.

You should check that.  It did not fix mine and my dealer service manager tells me HD admits it did not.   

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

Page created in 0.177 seconds with 21 queries.