Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fxstsse3 questions  (Read 3499 times)

Woof

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
Fxstsse3 questions
« on: September 29, 2014, 02:15:08 PM »

Hello fellow fxstsse3 owners I need your help
1 , rear brake light failure improper assembly of circuit board brake light failure
2, my front tire wore out at 1600 miles,recall on dressers with same tire but not fxstsse
3 improper assembly and paint on front fender rusting from under bracket under paint ,where the bracket attaches to fender , PAINTED AS ONE ASSEMBLY NOT PAINTED UNDER FENDER OR BRACKET ,not to mention the front tip rusting under clear coat, Future brake problem since the bracket does attach to the front brake
4, CLUTCH FAILURE ,master cylinder not pumping up due to chrome plating not smooth inside bore
I have 9000 miles on mine ,only been wet once when caught in quick rain storm
I love my springer not my first and I hope not my last
I would like to know if anyone has the same issues and how they fixed them or a great dealer that will help me
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 03:52:00 PM by Woof »

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
Re: Fxstsse3 lets pool together to get these problems fixed
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2014, 02:36:34 PM »

Hello fellow fxstsse3 owners I need your help to file complains on FOUR ISSUES WITH THE NHSTA or start a class action suit to get these problems fixed
1 , rear brake light failure improper assembly of circuit board brake light failure
2, my front tire wore out at 1600 miles,recall on dressers with same tire but not fxstsse
3 improper assembly and paint on front fender rusting from under bracket under paint ,where the bracket attaches to fender , PAINTED AS ONE ASSEMBLY NOT PAINTED UNDER FENDER OR BRACKET ,not to mention the front tip rusting under clear coat, Future brake problem since the bracket does attach to the front brake
4, CLUTCH FAILURE ,master cylinder not pumping up due to chrome plating not smooth inside bore
I have 9000 miles on mine ,only been wet once when caught in quick rain storm
My ex dealer Roanoke Harley will not stand up for me on these issues,,,,,I am sure you paid dearly and really liked your bike like I like mine but I have had enough from my ex stealer ROANOKE HARLEY
IF WE STAND TOGETHER ,,WE CAN GET OUR BIKES FIXED ,

Please note rules of posting item # 18.
[18]CVOHARLEY does not support/endorse/promote legal actions/negative ad campaigns toward Harley-Davidson or any other individual or company.
http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=2539.0

Members of this site have been successful contacting the Motor Company individually to register complaints/issues.
Good luck with your issue.

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

ultrarider123

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2014, 02:47:29 PM »

Site posting rule:
[18]CVOHARLEY does not support/endorse/promote legal actions/negative ad campaigns toward Harley-Davidson or any other individual or company.

My suggestion would be to contact the MoCo customer service and register your complaints and good luck with your endeavor  SBB beat me to it.....what he said... :)

Woof

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2014, 03:00:37 PM »

Not trying to start a problem I love my bike but safety issues like the brake light ,tires ,rust on the brake bracket ,clutch master cylinder failure suck and could cost you your lifeI have contacted Harley and many dealers and they want money to fix their poor engineering
I am 56 and bought my first Harley at 16 years of age and currently own a 1923 jd , 2004 v rod and this 2009 cvo springer love them all just need a little help on this 29000 dollar problem

DarkEagle

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond with Emerald Ice Flames
Re: Fxstsse3 questions
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2014, 08:58:44 AM »

I printed out all recalls on the dunlaps & took them to my dealer, they did replace my front on warranty because it was cupping but refused to with rear tire at 5,000 miles. actually tried to convince me to replace both on my dime at 1,500 miles but I showed them proper place to measure tread depth & drove them up to 5,000 when they really did show wear & needed replacement.

after getting front replaced on warranty went to aftermarket shop & replaced both with Avon Cobra's and haven't looked back, just make sure they really know how to work with that back rear wheel & swing arm, took them longer than they thought.

Zinister

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FXSTSSE3
Re: Fxstsse3 questions
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2014, 07:54:31 PM »

I have the same problem on the front fender at the joint. Let me know if you had any success with your dealer. Otherwise I'll just send it to Joe this winter to get fixed.

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 21 queries.