Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Ohlins #6  (Read 13723 times)

Ripcord

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MA

Re: Ohlins #6
« Reply #45 on: December 31, 2014, 05:22:13 PM »

Well with the bike on the jack, eye-to-eye is in fact, 13" even.
12" Buky Malos and engine guard, Le Pera Continental, Zumo 665 nav, black lower legs, matching TourPak, Madstad windshield, and lots of other "stuff"

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #46 on: December 31, 2014, 06:58:24 PM »

Well with the bike on the jack, eye-to-eye is in fact, 13" even.

Thanks Ripcord, I heard from Howard, my shocks should be here next week.
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

Ripcord

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MA

« Reply #47 on: December 31, 2014, 09:57:39 PM »

Good luck!! At least you'll be able to get out there and dial them in. Let us know!
12" Buky Malos and engine guard, Le Pera Continental, Zumo 665 nav, black lower legs, matching TourPak, Madstad windshield, and lots of other "stuff"

tjablons

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLTRXSE Maple
« Reply #48 on: January 19, 2015, 01:56:50 PM »

The removal of the bracket on the left-hand saddlebag support gave me the shivers too but it's actually not a big deal. Firstly, if you don't have or plan to install bag protectors (ones that surround the bags front to rear) you don't need the bracket. After I did it my way, I was told that all you need to do is score the bracket weld from behind, then use vice grips to bend it back and forth until it comes off. BTW, it can always be welded back on if needed when you sell the bike and want to remove the Ohlins. It has to be done though to fit the Ohlins canister unless you want to mount them to your tourpak. There are probably other ways to do it so just do a search on Ohlins 6.

Ripcord - I've got an FLTRXSE too, but I went ahead and installed the saddlebag guards.  Now, since I'm thinking about installing some Ohlins it appears I'll have to go with the 3-3's since I can't take off the bracket that interferes with the #6 reservoir mounts.  Anybody know of a work-around?

Ripcord

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MA

« Reply #49 on: January 19, 2015, 04:00:46 PM »

Is that because you added the guards that go around your bags (outside of your bags)? If so, then yes, you'll need the bracket on the left-hand support. If you don't have those then it's no problem to cut that part off.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.121 seconds with 21 queries.