Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Garage door opener  (Read 14783 times)

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
Re: Garage door opener
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2015, 05:43:01 PM »

2014 had one. The bike already has the module installed and you have to plug in and program the garage portion. Takes two people to do it unless you have really long arms or can get the bike close to the part you plug into the outlet.
You do not have to have the wires that go from the receiver to the gdo plugged in to the receiver to program the it to your bike.  Just bring the receiver itself to the bike (I use an extension cord for power) hold it in one hand, press the red program button and flash the bike's light switch to synch the units. Then return the receiver to its usual location and plug the wires going to the gdo.   :2vrolijk_21:

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

Major Tom

• Senior CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: Blue n Blue 2015 FLTRUSE - Lucille
    • CVO2: Grey n' Black 2011 FLTRUSE - Bertha (Sold)
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2015, 09:08:30 PM »

I have the old school push button on the wall type. Had a call from tech support today who told me I just need to put the two wires from the hd receiver in the same two slots on the motor unit as the two wires from the wall unit. This leaves me pretty much where I started I just need to know where to plug the wires into the motor unit. I am upriver at the moment so when I get home I will check the manual again and see if I can find that info.

Chers Tom

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2015, 11:21:48 AM »

I have the old school push button on the wall type. Had a call from tech support today who told me I just need to put the two wires from the hd receiver in the same two slots on the motor unit as the two wires from the wall unit. This leaves me pretty much where I started I just need to know where to plug the wires into the motor unit. I am upriver at the moment so when I get home I will check the manual again and see if I can find that info.

Chers Tom
Tom, I too have the old style push button on the wall for my opener.  When I first installed the receiver unit I mounted it on the ceiling close to the opener as there was 120v power nearby and I hooked the two wires to the opener.  It did not work.  I read somewhere (maybe on this site, can't recall) that you can also run the two wires from the receiver and connect them to the push button on the wall.  I did and it works perfectly.  Might work for you also.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

RonandJanet

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2015, 12:39:39 PM »

Thanks RonandJanet that would be very much appreciated.

Cheers Tom

I will look when I get home. 

Ron

Major Tom

• Senior CVO Member
    • LA

« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2015, 01:23:35 PM »

Did Harley quit putting a garage door opener on the CVO bikes?  In the process of buying a CVO Limited and it looks like you don't get the garage door opener any more.

Got a garage door opener, just trying to get my hd receiver to work with my particular door opener.
Cheers Tom

RonandJanet

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2015, 08:35:04 AM »

I will look when I get home. 

Ron
I have a attached a picture of my unit and I will add another post of the the wire connection on the back. It is a little hard to see but the red and brown wires are from the Harley opener.  You can see they are connected in the second from the left side right next to the wall button wires. Red is on the bottom. The other wires on the right side are for the safety sensors to stop the door from closing on pets and kids. Does this look like yours?

RonandJanet

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2015, 08:35:50 AM »

I have a attached a picture of my unit and I will add another post of the the wire connection on the back. It is a little hard to see but the red and brown wires are from the Harley opener.  You can see they are connected in the second from the left side right next to the wall button wires. Red is on the bottom. The other wires on the right side are for the safety sensors to stop the door from closing on pets and kids. Does this look like yours?
The wire connections on the back.

Major Tom

• Senior CVO Member
    • LA

« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2015, 04:59:48 AM »

Thanks very much RonandJanet it looks exactly like mine. I will check when I get home Monday and try and do the same. Will keep you posted.

CheersTom

Major Tom

• Senior CVO Member
    • LA

« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2015, 06:41:17 PM »

Thanks very much RonandJanet it looks exactly like mine. I will check when I get home Monday and try and do the same. Will keep you posted.

CheersTom

Spot on RonandJanet. It plugs in the same way and works a treat. Thanks very much. It works just fine off the flash to pass function.

Cheers Tom

RonandJanet

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2015, 09:17:02 AM »

Great to hear! I do like that feature!

srnoyes

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NE

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2015, 10:34:13 PM »

You do not have to have the wires that go from the receiver to the gdo plugged in to the receiver to program the it to your bike.  Just bring the receiver itself to the bike (I use an extension cord for power) hold it in one hand, press the red program button and flash the bike's light switch to synch the units. Then return the receiver to its usual location and plug the wires going to the gdo.   :2vrolijk_21:
Damn you and your fancy logic! I never thought of using an extension cord! I just had my wife push the red button.  :D
2014 CVO Limited - Present
2009 Road King Classic 2009-2014
1991 Yamaha Virago 1991-1993
1983 Yamaha Maxim 1983-1989

Major Tom

• Senior CVO Member
    • LA

« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2015, 12:14:50 AM »

Damn you and your fancy logic! I never thought of using an extension cord! I just had my wife push the red button.  :D

Works a treat love the extension cord deal

Cheers Tom
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 22 queries.